Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stretch wrote: View Post
    Kelly Olynyk had surgery on his shoulder yesterday and is out for 5 months. Tough news for the national team.

http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/b...ulder-surgery/
    tough loss for Canada but best thing for Olynk...we still have enough talent on the roster to compete with France's B team and the Kanter/Asik combo in Turkey. Also this might be the last chance for Bennett to showcase himself to save his career...I think that anger & motivate he COULD be a huge X factor..."nothing more dangerous than a wounded tiger" theory.

Comment

• RepTdot wrote: View Post
      tough loss for Canada but best thing for Olynk...we still have enough talent on the roster to compete with France's B team and the Kanter/Asik combo in Turkey. Also this might be the last chance for Bennett to showcase himself to save his career...I think that anger & motivate he COULD be a huge X factor..."nothing more dangerous than a wounded tiger" theory.
      Anthony Bennett is more of a purring kitten type guy. I speculate that AB lands in Europe next season.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
        Anthony Bennett is more of a purring kitten type guy. I speculate that AB lands in Europe next season.
        lmao...yea if he doesn't play like his basketball life depends on it in this summer's qualifying tourney & *Olympics* he deserves the D-league for life.

Comment

• I do not know the fellows conviction but once in awhile there are flickers of a some very good gifts for the sport. I hope he makes out a level in the game that helps him earn a livelihood as well as be an impact player for canada regardless where he plays beyond the Canadain team

Comment

• Not that we necessarily need Thompson but you have to think he might have been a bit envious of Corey Jo playing big in his hometown and driving the city crazy. Maybe Wiggins is watching...?

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
              Not that we necessarily need Thompson but you have to think he might have been a bit envious of Corey Jo playing big in his hometown and driving the city crazy. Maybe Wiggins is watching...?
              frankly he was asked that question and avoided it politically as he is said he is focusing on the playoffs. Last year it was the contract, play for your country Tristan!!!

Comment

• Looks like Anthony Bennett has been invited to the Nets veteran camp. Good to know he is still getting some ball in. While he still has not found his place in the NBA, he still has the potential to be a big part of our National team this summer.
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                  Looks like Anthony Bennett has been invited to the Nets veteran camp. Good to know he is still getting some ball in. While he still has not found his place in the NBA, he still has the potential to be a big part of our National team this summer.
                  What is a veteran camp ? I hope Bennett figures it out ... It is no shame and you can make some big bucks playing in Europe ...

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                    What is a veteran camp ? I hope Bennett figures it out ... It is no shame and you can make some big bucks playing in Europe ...
                    Some teams will bring in NBA free agents and guys that have wrapped up playing in other leagues like China and Europe for an ID camp to see if they would fit on the roster.
                    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                      Some teams will bring in NBA free agents and guys that have wrapped up playing in other leagues like China and Europe for an ID camp to see if they would fit on the roster.
                      I think that is how Jamario Moon became a Raptor .. Here is hoping Bennet experiences the same success

Comment

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Let's hope Tyler Ennis is also "in" for depth at point guard.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

What is our status for olympics? Can we still qualify?

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                              What is our status for olympics? Can we still qualify?
                              Yeah there's a qualifying tournament in July. There's 3 spots left for the Olympics and 18 teams in this tournament

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_F...aments_for_Men

Comment

• Going to be nervous about this one.

Canada should be okay, but anything can happen in a tournament.

Comment

Working...
                                X