No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cavs parade is on the 22nd...and with all the media rounds that attached to it, a yet to be announced white house visit and you know...a well deserved vacation...safe to assume TT has No F%*Ks Given about the qualifiers lol

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
      Everyone needs a training camp man
      Define the purpose of training camp ? to get in shape ( He just finishing playing 2 months of playoff basketball ) to get a feel of Canada basketball defense and offense ( he has played for Canada Basketball under Jay )

Comment

• RepTdot wrote: View Post
        Cavs parade is on the 22nd...and with all the media rounds that attached to it, a yet to be announced white house visit and you know...a well deserved vacation...safe to assume TT has No F%*Ks Given about the qualifiers lol
        Maybe just witnessing Lebron do something for his hometown ... It might inspire him to do the same for his country ...

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
          Define the purpose of training camp ? to get in shape ( He just finishing playing 2 months of playoff basketball ) to get a feel of Canada basketball defense and offense ( he has played for Canada Basketball under Jay )
          National team training camps are NOT NBA training camps. Most of these guys will be fit and in shape. It's about learning plays, getting in rhythm.. that sort of stuff.

Comment

National team training camps are NOT NBA training camps. Most of these guys will be fit and in shape. It's about learning plays, getting in rhythm.. that sort of stuff.
            Tristian play book ... See ball get ball ... See Ball block ball ... I think he has that figured out ...

How huge and complicated can Jay's play book be when there is always a new roster every summer ...
            Last edited by guyroch; Mon Jun 20, 2016, 12:12 PM.

Comment

• Article on one of the most loyal Canadain B-Ballers

Levon Kendall

https://www.thestar.com/sports/baske...pic-berth.html

He has been there every time the phone rang for his services ..

Comment

• Should the 76ers who don't have a franchise PG do anything to get Canadian Murray .. I assume Colengelo living in T.O was
                watching some Pan Am games

Comment

Should the 76ers who don't have a franchise PG do anything to get Canadian Murray .. I assume Colengelo living in T.O was
                  watching some Pan Am games
                  It's questionable as to whether he's an NBA point guard, so no.
                  If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Tristian play book ... See ball get ball ... See Ball block ball ... I think he has that figured out ...

How huge and complicated can Jay's play book be when there is always a new roster every summer ...
                    If only everything was this easy.. Top FIBA teams are already in training camp mode and they don't even play in qualifier. I wonder why so early?

Comment

If only everything was this easy.. Top FIBA teams are already in training camp mode and they don't even play in qualifier. I wonder why so early?
                      I think what North America ( U.S and Canada ) does will never compare to the passion that exist on the other side of the ocean ..

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        I don't get that explanation for either one of them, there's ALWAYS a next season..so are they never gonna play? I don't really care about stauskas he basically sucks at all forms of basketball since leaving Michigan. Wiggins is a huge let down though, wtf changed from last summer to this summer?

It's happening for a lot of team usa too, although they're so deep they could send their c team and be the favorite.

Back in the 90s guys would give their first born child to be a part of the dream team. It's still the same in soccer, hockey...Basketball players just seem so self absorbed now, money money money.

I'm wishing wiggins would face a pretty good backlash for this, but it barely makes a ripple in Canadian sports news. You have to Google it and scroll down to even see anything on it. I didn't have high hopes for a medal maybe a bronze, but I really thought we were building an Underdog that could challenge usa in 2020. Now who knows if anybody gives a shit. Will Murray invest in the program now after the example wiggins has set? Just don't get how things changed so rapidly in led then a year. I was really really excited to cheer for these guys in the next few Olympics...
                        I mean, one huge difference since the early 90's is these guys' potential career earnings have skyrocketed. There's sooooo much money on the table in an NBA career for a guy like Wiggins, rightly or wrongly I think a lot of players see summer national team commitments as a calculated risk, whether through short-term wear and tear or the risk of a career-ending injury. Watching Paul George snap his leg and lose a year didn't help...

You listen to a guys like Jalen Rose talk about basketball "fights" and how these guys will never close a fist and punch somebody in the face, because they always know in the back of their minds that that dominant hand of theirs is going to earn them many, many millions of dollars so long as it can keep putting a ball through a hoop for a few more years. Then think about how these guys have stipulations in their contracts that keep them from snowboarding, riding scooters, etc. and you know protecting their bodies has to be on their minds at all times.

I don't agree with them as a fan, but I can understand there's a lot on the table when it comes to NBA commitments vs. national team. It's not just about what they're doing during the day in the summertime.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Canada beats Croatia! There's hope, yet.

http://basketball.ca/en/news-article...-over-crotatia

Canada Basketball's Senior Men's National Team started its five-game exhibition tour of Europe successfully with a 91-80 win over Croatia on Monday.

"I thought we played well for our first game, it was nice to get a win against a very good team on their court," SMNT head coach Jay Triano said. "We need to use this time in Europe to get better."

Phil Scrubb was the top scorer for Canada, which led after each quarter. The margin was 27-21 through 10 minutes, 45-40 at halftime, and 67-60 heading to the final period.

The SMNT will continue to train and rotate players in its lineup. Next up on the European tour is a rematch against Croatia on Thursday. Follow @CanBBall on Twitter for game updates.
                          https://canhoopsca.wordpress.com/

“With new assistant coach Chris Fleming in the stands Monday, Team Croatia lost its first “friendly” –exhibition– game to Team Canada, 91-80, in Novigrad, Croatia. Bojan Bogdanovic led all scorers with 24 points (* Editor’s note: incorrect – Canada’s Phil Scrubb had 27 to lead all scorers). Anthony Bennett, the 6’8″ Canadian forward who the Nets worked last month, scored 21.

Tvrt Puljic of Sportske Novosti, who covered the game, said Bogdanovic and Bennett dominated, each hitting multiple three-pointers. Others who watched report that Bennett, who also worked out for the Knicks, looked fit and quick. Neither 76ers draft pick 6’10” Dario Saric nor 6’5 1/2″ Krunoslav Simon, two key Croatian players, were available. Bogdanovic, as he has for the past four years, was Croatia’s go-to guy.

Both teams are prepping for the FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament, Croatia in Turin, Canada in Manila later this month.”

Tvrt Puljic’s article in Sportske Novosti, translated from Croatian …

“Canada, although it came with only two NBA players (and attraction on the bench in the form of 226 cm high Sim Bhuller) was too big a challenge for Croatia and in the first trial game ahead of qualifying for the Games, our representations defeated with 80:91. Return to these two types of play on Thursday in the Italian Jesolo. With fuller roster on both sides

It was the opening of the summer which will be our representatives will remember. Anyway incomplete (Saric and Simon arrive today), the Canadians were vague, especially in atlecizmu which quite wrong in our high line. With great PROBLEEM that we pick the game created Tyler Ennis of the Bucks, in Novigrad appeared and the once first NBA draft pick Anthony Bennett, who is with the new center Olympiacos Khem Birch radio ZPSto wanted in our racket. When we gathered, he remained alone Philipp Scrubb who hit four three-pointers in the first half.

With poor defending , without control rebounds, Croatia has lagged behind after the first quarter 21:27.

Puljic Acin new beginning to close the circle
                          Basically, the only thing we played were attacking stocks Bojan Bogdanovic, who scored 16 points to break. Only in a serious rhythm was Stipcevic which is to put half three-pointers, and is Hrvastko with a section of Bojan Bogdanovic to the wing center left with only minus three (45:48).
                          Well, not much has changed in the sequel. We are still losing skirmish at elevated line, and when Canada went to 57:49, Aco Petrovic has again tried to return the result with Bogdanovic in the wing center.

However, Bogdanovic took a little and rest, but when it happened, Canada is again escaped. Most at 77:65 in the 34th minute. In our no power to respond once again, to try to cheer nogradsku audience. Few Petrovic on Monday on the third return to the bench team had cheerful people.

It will be better, should be better when they join Kruno Simon and Dario Saric.

In Novigrad is ahead of the game arrived and Toni Kukoc, who will be the next day with the team, and as a consultant with the Canadian bench sat David Blatt, the new coach Darussafaka, the man who led the Cleveland Cavaliers to a half of the season, but these days, and many other ways as you can read tomorrow in the SN, interviewed by proslavlajneim coach.
                          Olynyk, though injured and not able to play this summer, is traveling with the National Team.
                          Last edited by stretch; Tue Jun 21, 2016, 12:59 AM.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                            Canada beats Croatia! There's hope, yet.

Olynyk, though injured and not able to play this summer, is traveling with the National Team.
                            reassures me some guys are still committed to the national program.
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              reassures me some guys are still committed to the national program.
                              I remember Olynyk playing for Canada Senior team as early as when he was a Freshman ... He can be our version of Scola and has tons of FIBA experience at such a young age ..

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                                Canada beats Croatia! There's hope, yet.

Is there a video of the game somewhere?

Comment

Working...
                                X