No announcement yet.

Raptors 2014 Draft - the future 'bragging rights' thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you think Raps GM hopes Tyler Ennis is gone before the Raps have to make their choice ? Their might be some players they would love to get ( if they are still on the board ) but may have presure to draft the Canadian ?

Comment

guyroch wrote: View Post
      Do you think Raps GM hopes Tyler Ennis is gone before the Raps have to make their choice ? Their might be some players they would love to get ( if they are still on the board ) but may have presure to draft the Canadian ?
      Yes.

Other sport: I live in Montreal and was at the NHL draft when it was there. The crowd was chanting "Leblanc! Leblanc! Leblanc" so that the Canadiens finally draft a Quebecer in the first round. The bell center would have probably riot if he wasn't picked. He was than traded for a 5th round conditional pick because he sucked.
      Myself (March 2014):
      The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

Raptors 2014 Draft - the future 'bragging rights' thread

1. After all trades are made, what picks will the Raptors make?

#20, #59, #37

2. Who will the Raptors draft in the first round? (up to three names, in order of likelihood)

Bruno Caboclo, a raw wing from Brasil with a 7'7" wingspan (yeah, you read that right)

[b]3. Who will the Raptors draft in the second round?

DeAndre Daniels at 37 and Xavier Thames at 59, which we will then trade to Brooklyn (fuck those guys) for money.

4. Which player will be the "big slide" on draft night?

Tyler Ennis (is being projected at 8 in some mocks)

5. Which player will be the shock lottery pick on draft night?

Elfrid Payton (not really a shock but was seeing him drafted as low as Heat's pick.
        Last edited by e_wheazhy_; Fri Jun 27, 2014, 10:00 PM.
        A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

So who got it right?!

Comment

LOOOOOL, no one in the World

Comment

I'll make my bragging rights pick for 37. Walter Tavares. It's the "Freak Wingspan And Exotic Name" day!

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post

#20, #27(from Phoenix), #37, #59

2. Who will the Raptors draft in the first round? (up to three names, in order of likelihood)

Napier, Capela, Ennis

3. Who will the Raptors draft in the second round? (up to six names, in order of likelihood)

McDaniels, GR3, Deandre Daniels, Damien Inglis, Dinwiddie, Bachynski

Tyler Ennis

Elfrid Payton
                I hate to brag....but since this is the "bragging rights thread".....I believe I was one of the few who saw us picking Deandre Daniels

Comment

edit:

I was the only one who had us picking Deandre Daniels

Comment

Yup, I think you were the only person who got any of our picks right. Nicely done.

Comment

So everybody was wrong lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post
                        edit:

I was the only one who had us picking Deandre Daniels
                        And pat on the back (to myself as well) for calling Payton as the shock lottery pick
                        A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                          And pat on the back (to myself as well) for calling Payton as the shock lottery pick
                          What? How is he a shock pick? Everyone pretty much assumed he'd be gone by Orlando at 12 if he was still there. Slim chance they would maybe take Ennis instead....but that's pretty much exactly what happened (at 10 to Philly and traded for ORL's 12 pick which was used on Saric).

I mean, unless you (or he) called it 9 months ago or something. Then, kudos.
                          Last edited by white men can't jump; Fri Jun 27, 2014, 10:06 PM.

Comment

#20, #59, #37

Bruno Caboclo, a raw wing from Brasil with a 7'7" wingspan (yeah, you read that right)

[b]3. Who will the Raptors draft in the second round?

DeAndre Daniels at 37 and Xavier Thames at 59, which we will then trade to Brooklyn (fuck those guys) for money.

Tyler Ennis (is being projected at 8 in some mocks)

Elfrid Payton (not really a shock but was seeing him drafted as low as Heat's pick.
                            Kudos to me for being the best draft guesser.

(Actually Im Masai and I had to get all these wrong intentionally to keep other teams off my scent)

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              What? How is he a shock pick? Everyone pretty much assumed he'd be gone by Orlando at 12 if he was still there. Slim chance they would maybe take Ennis instead....but that's pretty much exactly what happened (at 10 to Philly and traded for ORL's 12 pick which was used on Saric).

I mean, unless you (or he) called it 9 months ago or something. Then, kudos.
                              Well like I said, it's not really that big a shock, but I had seen some mocks with him as low as the Heat's pick at 26

Comment

Well like I said, it's not really that big a shock, but I had seen some mocks with him as low as the Heat's pick at 26
                                But he'd also been pegged in the top 10 in some and more and more frequently as the draft approached..

In retrospect there really didn't seem to be a big shock. I was a little shocked by TJ Warren at 14, I guess. And overall, the Raptors actually had the shock pick if you look beyond the lottery to the whole first round.

Maybe a tie in "sliders" between Anderson, McDaniels and Grant. Thought at least one of them would be gone by around 25ish. Vonleh slid a bit, but not really dramatically or anything. And maybe a blessing in disguise as Charlotte is a great landing spot for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X