Raptors chasing Grizllies for 22 pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
    Just read on Memphis' boards that they like this trade as well, as they need that money to sign Zbo.
    Correct me if im wrong, but there is no hard cap, as in Memphis could keep Prince and Randolph if they were will in to pay tax? Im asking because I know mlse is loaded and would hate to see us sacrifice a first just to resign a core player in the coming years...
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Correct me if im wrong, but there is no hard cap, as in Memphis could keep Prince and Randolph if they were will in to pay tax? Im asking because I know mlse is loaded and would hate to see us sacrifice a first just to resign a core player in the coming years...
      let me direct you to our q and a board

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...ns-and-Answers

this post:

DanH wrote: View Post
      A team can sign their own free agents if they are over the cap. This is done via the players' Bird Rights.

They can also use exceptions to sign players not on their team. Depending on the team's total salary, teams will have different exceptions to use. Such as the mid-level exception and the bi-annual exception.

They can also orchestrate a sign-and-trade, but then they have to meet trade rules (such as accepting only 125% of the outgoing salary in the trade, depending on total team salary).

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
      "Bruno?
      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

They love Prince as much as we love Salmons.
        Myself (March 2014):
        The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
          This is awesome. We could end up with Ennis AND Capela!
          For what it's worth, all 3 dudes as CBS have Capela going before 20.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
            let me direct you to our q and a board

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...ns-and-Answers

this post:
            Thanks. So basically memphis is cheap. Small market pillaging.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Thanks. So basically memphis is cheap. Small market pillaging.
              The Warlord is riding in, kidnapping the Prince, and leaving a Salmons behind.

Comment

OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
                These moves are all about getting Durant in 2016.
                How so?

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                  How so?
                  I don't think this move has anything to do with Durant. It's all about getting something for that big Salmons expiring. This is exactly what we thought would happen when we got Salmons in the Gay trade. His value was all in his contract letting a team near the cap quickly unload $6M.

Definitely will be a competition between Fields and Prince for crappiest overpaid SF on the team.

Comment

I think its great trade
                    For 1, we get an extra draft pick and maybe if we combine assets we can make a bid for a star player
                    Another thing, this trade lets us keep our flexibility
                    We arent big contenders this summer for free agents, but next summer with Hayes, Novak, Fields and now Prince off the books, we have like 24 million off the books.
                    That can land an impact player or fill up the bench.

Comment

I like the trade as well. Turning Salmons buy out into a 1st round pick is fantastic, and like Primer said is what most hoped for out of Salmons when he was acquired. I'm not at all concerned about Prince or his contract. It expires next season so flexibility going forward is maintained. Getting the #22 pick may also give the Raps a chance to package the #20 and even move up in the draft, and having #22 may just be insurance for acquiring a guy they like in that draft range.

Comment

I can easily see us using both picks on Ennis and Capela (or some other rookie combo). Makes Vasquez expendable so we save $4-$6M right there. Gives us even more freedom to spend money on Lowry since the 2nd and 3rd PG will be making only $1-$2M per year. Much better than tying up nearly $20M in one position.

Comment

2kfeen wrote: View Post
                          I think its great trade
                          For 1, we get an extra draft pick and maybe if we combine assets we can make a bid for a star player
                          Another thing, this trade lets us keep our flexibility
                          We arent big contenders this summer for free agents, but next summer with Hayes, Novak, Fields and now Prince off the books, we have like 24 million off the books.
                          That can land an impact player or fill up the bench.
                          If this goes through agreee good trade for both sides. We get an additional pick and Memphis gets money to sign their star and appease thier ownership. As for cap room in 2015.
                          If we sign Kyle (think this happens) + GV + PPat for the 20M figure thats been talked about we will have approx 12M in cap money for next year. Not 24.
                          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                          - TGO

Comment

Raptors would win this deal,basis on that they get 1st rd pick and a pretty reasonable veteran player,always loved how prince plays the game,really could help Derozan and T Ross.
                            Memphis clears cap,they don't really care for Salmons or the pick,they need 2 clear cap space so they can sign their own players I believe, plus it's not like prince has long term deal,next year his free agent and gives raptors flexibility 2 play with more money,I like Musai Ujiri thinking.

Off topic, just heard philly going crazy and offering 3rd,10th,32 picks in the draft for the first,wow.
                            I really don't want 2 c Wiggins in Philly,I couldn't stomach it.
                            "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                            My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                              Raptors would win this deal,basis on that they get 1st rd pick and a pretty reasonable veteran player,always loved how prince plays the game,really could help Derozan and T Ross.
                              Memphis clears cap,they don't really care for Salmons or the pick,they need 2 clear cap space so they can sign their own players I believe, plus it's not like prince has long term deal,next year his free agent and gives raptors flexibility 2 play with more money,I like Musai Ujiri thinking.

Off topic, just heard philly going crazy and offering 3rd,10th,32 picks in the draft for the first,wow.
                              I really don't want 2 c Wiggins in Philly,I couldn't stomach it.
                              Cleveland apparently doesn't want their pick? LOL.
                              http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...e-Up-With-Cavs

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
                                Cleveland apparently doesn't want their pick? LOL.
                                http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...e-Up-With-Cavs

Comment

Working...
                                X