Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    Actually he did. He clashed head with Stackhouse several times. There's an article about it.
    I know I posted about it here originally. Overall it wasn't that big of a deal. It was one time in finals and Stack got him to respond with career high. So Stack can coach him and in interviews Stack mentioned he can handle him.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
        What is this about?
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Bruno is on "thin ice" with the team according to sources.

http://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/sh...l=1#post771029

Comment

• I'm glad some of this drama with Bruno has happened in Summer League and now the Brazilian Team because I'm just done with this "2 Years Away from 2 Years Away" Experiment unless he has taken massive strides and by that I don't mean it unrealistically like he needs to look borderline like Giannis (which was the failed aspiration) but he NEEDS to look like an actual NBA player game in and game out!

No "FLASHES", he's allowed to make some mistakes as all young players do but I believe like Siakam, Poeltl, Delon and Norm have done in ONE YEAR in the D-League, they may not have looked like all-stars but they look good enough to be in a NBA rotation. Bruno needs to show/prove that and what I seen in the D-League last year showed flashes but still didn't quite look like a NBA player that belongs in a rotation. He has to look nothing short of that and the diva attitude needs to stop now because as the Rock says he "needs to shut his damn mouth and know his role" lol he is not a superstar in the making, he hasn't even PROVEN he can play a role consistently and until he can nevermind minutes, his spot on a roster should not be guaranteed. He has been coddled too long and it's creating a spoiled brat...

Can anyone think of another player on any other roster that has coddled a prospect as much as we have Bruno?!?!

Because I can't. Truth be told we basically got a D-League just to try and recreate another "Durant or Giannis" and so far we have a player that is as delusional as those hopes were. We already finished YEAR 3 and he is as old as Yak and Siakam and he looks nowhere near as ready but 100x more self-entitled. This better not just be talk/hot air like our "culture change" was because if this franchise was to get it right, they have to start doing things the right way and it's not all about being friends, a lot of it is principles both in this case for the management, coaching and the least of the bunch, Bruno.

Comment

• This is why I never liked picking players who have low BBIQ and are immature beyond their years. If you do that at least make sure you pick an athletic freak like OG ( not saying he is immature) that ensures that whatever he can't grasp at least he can make up for it with his tremendous athleticism/strength and vice versa If you are not that athletic but you have a high BBIQ ( like a Delon Wright).

I think it should be a no brainer from here on end not to pick up a player from no where (The Brazilian league is no where!). Do one year of college, one year in Europe, one year in China or the D- league just to prove you can step outside your comfort zone and able to thrive in a different environment.

Comment

• 1) Bruno isn't oblivious to his predicament. He knows it's time to 'put up or shut up', both in terms of play and attitude.

2) He actually looked pretty good for Brazil. That's more promising than his attitudinal meltdown is indicting IMO.

3) We needed a d-league team anyway. It wasn't exclusively for Bruno.

4) The backup forward spot is still wide open. Go Bruno!

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                  I know I posted about it here originally. Overall it wasn't that big of a deal. It was one time in finals and Stack got him to respond with career high. So Stack can coach him and in interviews Stack mentioned he can handle him.
                  That..and the fleeting thought that if he pissed Stackhouse off one too many times ....there exists the very real possibility that Stackhouse would mop the floor with him ...
                  There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

• It's easy to lose sight of the fact that in most of Bruno's recent outings, he's looked pretty good.

We/he could be standing at the precipice, just waiting to jump off into something resembling an NBA career. This is THE critical moment for him, this training camp, and holy moly do I want him to step up and start succeeding. This is basically his rookie training camp except he already knows everyone, what to expect, and what's expected of him.

Interesting times for Bruno, make no bones about it. If all goes well Casey will have the rangy 3-and-D 10th-man that the lineup is sorely missing. If it doesn't, Casey goes with one of the other hungry young athletic journeymen they are pitting him against.

But man do I hope it's Bruno that can find the lion's share of those rotation minutes. If it clicks it could add a new dimension to the team. Something like

Lowry
                    DeMar
                    Miles
                    Bruno
                    Ibaka

could be very potent if it clicked.
                    Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Wed Sep 20, 2017, 10:53 PM.

Comment

• Guys the Cabocalypse is coming this season, I can feel it. Tell Giannis to watch his 6.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                        Guys the Cabocalypse is coming this season, I can feel it. Tell Giannis to watch his 6.
                        Cabocalypse Now: I love the smell of three-bombs in the morning.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                          Cabocalypse Now: I love the smell of three-bombs in the morning.
                          Smells like....wicktory
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Cut him(waste of a roster spot)and sign McDaniels and one of the Canadian kid.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                              Cut him(waste of a roster spot)and sign McDaniels and one of the Canadian kid.
                              Not beyond the realm of possibility.
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                                Guys the Cabocalypse is coming this season, I can feel it. Tell Giannis to watch his 6.
                                "Stop eating your sushi."
                                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X