Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    Not sure I understand the question. The cap hold is the same whether you extend the QO or not, and teams use Bird Rights to re-sign guys whether they extend a QO or not, if they have them. The Raptors might not extend the QO because there is a risk Bruno or BeBe will just sign it, and it's a higher value than they are likely to want to give either player, especially with their tax situation.
    Sixers are a good example with Simmons and Embid both presumably max players. Instead of extending early, dont offer a QO when their rookie deals expire then max out after signing free agents

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
      If you dont extend the QO doesnt the player cap hold come off the books. Then they can resign them with bird rights after signing any free agent. For high picks, the cap hold on them would be around 10M i think
      No, the cap hold has to do with the player rights. To get the cap hold off the books, the Raptors would have to waive their Bird Rights. QO is an entirely different matter, only determines RFA status.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Sixers are a good example with Simmons and Embid both presumably max players. Instead of extending early, dont offer a QO when their rookie deals expire then max out after signing free agents
        The 76ers would have to be incredibly stupid to not extend those two and not give them a QO. They'd be UFA and could sign anywhere.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

The 76ers would have to be incredibly stupid to not extend those two and not give them a QO. They'd be UFA and could sign anywhere.
          Its the Kawhi extension , delaying the extension to maximize cap space

Comment

Its the Kawhi extension , delaying the extension to maximize cap space
            But they gave him a QO! They'd be insane not to! His cap hold was very much still on the books. It was just smaller than his contract.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

But they gave him a QO! They'd be insane not to! His cap hold was very much still on the books. It was just smaller than his contract.
              Just wondering, bird rights, QO, Max QO, 1st pick. There are alot of variables esp for the Sixer and maybe Boston

Comment

Just wondering, bird rights, QO, Max QO, 1st pick. There are alot of variables esp for the Sixer and maybe Boston
                It’s a really easy choice. If you want to keep a player, you either extend them ahead of time or offer them the QO and keep their Bird Rights. If you don’t do any of those things, it’s because you don’t want to keep that player.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Might as well keep the Bruno highlights coming

Comment

• https://youtu.be/9wG5rEoLScg

I hate raptors scouting team, I don’t see why they passed on better talent

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                      https://youtu.be/9wG5rEoLScg

Meh ... It's a hit or miss league ... as some say. Other than Caboclo, I think we can all agree the scouting team has done a pretty awesome job. Yak, Siakam, Delon and Norm are all solid pieces, especially considering where in the draft they were picked. And not to mention VanVleet who has been great as a undrafted pickup.

Though I do remember wanting Anderson in the draft the most.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                        https://youtu.be/9wG5rEoLScg

There's also the "Spurs effect". It's quite possible that Anderson doesn't look as good playing in any other system.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          There's also the "Spurs effect". It's quite possible that Anderson doesn't look as good playing in any other system.
                          Basically Popovich is a white Jesus who turns water into wine every single year.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• It’s basiclly every player has habits, things that make them comfortable you break those the player gets confused. U ever play against that player that loves to drive and u make sure every time he gets the ball your TEAM makes sure there is no driving lane or come up against that player that can only hit spot up jumpers. The you make sure he has to dribble to get off his shot and shut him down for the night when no one in the gym could guard him.

Stop watching Bruno he is lowering you guys Basketball I.Q. He is that guy that walks into the gym with the nba body and can’t do S with it and everyone thinks what a waste.

Anyone ever notice Bruno doesn’t put h ball on the floor and drive straight to the rim trying to dunk on someone. Notice how JV only has 1 post move after 5 years. It’s because we draft players that don’t have the skills we need then ignore their strengths and try and make centres 3 point shooters LOL.

We as a fan base ignore way too much and the media here in Toronto are too concerned with building relationships to say what needs to be said. MU said we are not going to be a middle of the road team and that’s exactly what he has built Bruno being a perfect example if he is on this team next year...

/end of rant

Comment

• 3rd in the East is not "middle of the road". Our whole bench is made up of young guys that Masai drafted.
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Can we win a champship with this team? If not we are middling

Comment

Working...
                                X