No announcement yet.

Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The reason some folks aren't noticing Bruno's progress is simple. They're not watching.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      ^ This!

I said this last year about him: "Watching Bruno play is like watching a 10 year old kid play basketball play for the first time"

One year later and I still feel the same way.

He's got long arms, that's it. He doesn't have great skills and isn't very smart. The guy plays like an idiot against NBA players.
      i disagree completely. hes putting up a solid 15-6-2 statline with solid shooting numbers. and hes only 20.

if he was coming out of college right now with those numbers and his physical strengths, hed be a top 10 pick.
      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• 92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
        Bruno was drafted as a long term project, and has basically done nothing to show that he is not developing as expected. He's 20 years old, has the body of a god, and has already developed a jump-shot that most guys his height can only dream about. How the fuck you talk about trading this guy blows my mind. For a franchise that has been shit for so many years, we really have absolutely no patience for a draft pick that has the luxury of developing the way a draft pick should.
        Yep. Bruno is a long-term project, has been since day one, and all these "be better or trade his ass!" ultimatums have also been around since day one.

Maybe he pans out, maybe he doesn't, but the journey is fun.
        Last edited by S.R.; Thu Apr 7, 2016, 12:03 PM.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

.The guy plays like an idiot against NBA players.
          The kid has played 8 (eight)!!!!! minutes THIS ENTIRE SEASON against NBA players.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

^ This!

I said this last year about him: "Watching Bruno play is like watching a 10 year old kid play basketball play for the first time"

One year later and I still feel the same way.

He's got long arms, that's it. He doesn't have great skills and isn't very smart. The guy plays like an idiot against NBA players.
            I find this funny.

Cause last year he was in fact a young kid playing basketball for the first time against anything resembling decent competition. Hell that's what he was at the start of this year.

At the the end of this year, he's shooting from NBA range with promising efficiency, showing flashes of dominance defensively against near NBA talent, creating for others, showing strong handles for someone who appears to be approaching 7ft. He's also learned an entirely new culture, adapted to being an NBA prospect, learned a new language, figured out how to manage millions of dollars, all while significantly improving his basketball skills.

But yea he probably isn't very smart.

Not saying he'll ever become a reliable rotation piece, but if I had to pick a teenager with ~4 years of basketball experience to bet on Bruno would probably make the list. It's exciting, hoping for a no one to become a someone, there hasn't really ever been a Bruno before in the league. The Greek Freak is close but he wasn't near the project Bruno is. That's why he gets the attention he does.

Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
              i disagree completely. hes putting up a solid 15-6-2 statline with solid shooting numbers. and hes only 20.

if he was coming out of college right now with those numbers and his physical strengths, hed be a top 10 pick.
              Two words: D-League. Bruno's D-League stats isn't even all that impressive lol. And D-League stats doesn't really mean anything.

Brady Heslip is like the Steph Curry of the D-League. Is he in the NBA? no. Is he an NBA player? no.

I've been saying this for a couple of years now. I'd be shocked if Bruno plays any MEANINGFUL mins in the NBA. He's not an NBA player.
              Last edited by The Great One; Thu Apr 7, 2016, 01:50 PM.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Two words: D-League. Bruno's D-League stats isn't even all that impressive lol. And D-League stats doesn't really mean anything.

Brady Heslip is like the Steph Curry of the D-League. Is he in the NBA? no. Is he an NBA player? no.

I've been saying this for a couple of years now. I'd be shocked if Bruno plays any MEANINGFUL mins in the NBA. He's not an NBA player.
                EDIT: I was looking at summer league lol

my bad
                Last edited by yabadabayolo; Thu Apr 7, 2016, 06:17 PM.

Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                  Wut

What are you even talking about lol. Brady he slip has played in 2 d league games totalling a grand total of 11 mins. And he wasn't even good in those 11
                  http://dleague.nba.com/player/brady-heslip/
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• D-league is where 10 year old play. Good to know
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Brady Heslip kills it in the D-League and never makes the bigs because he does not have the body for the NBA game, though his one skill (shooting) makes him pretty great against lesser opposition. Bruno basically JUST has the body, and is working on the skills. Pretty odd comparison to make.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Wow, Heslip averages about 13 3PA a game.. nuts.

Comment

Lets not forget that the D-League is more competitive than College ball.

College ball is massively overrated...and only about 1-2% of college athletes make pro...whereas the DL feeds a lot of players to the NBA. Hell on our roster we have CoJo, Powell, Wright, and Bebe...who have all been able to produce at the NBA level.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            D-league is where 10 year old play. Good to know
                            We'll send trex's kid to the D-League when he's 10 and see how he fares.
                            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• yea. my bad. i was lookimg at summer legue

but my point still stands. Brady heslip is an unathleic guard, who doesnt have the body to make it in the nba. his only skill, which is shooting, looks ggreat against inferior competetion, but he would be like jimmer fredette in the nba.

bruno is a legit 7 foot guy that runs the floor and can hit threes at a high rate. big difference

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                                Lets not forget that the D-League is more competitive than College ball.

College ball is massively overrated...and only about 1-2% of college athletes make pro...whereas the DL feeds a lot of players to the NBA. Hell on our roster we have CoJo, Powell, Wright, and Bebe...who have all been able to produce at the NBA level.
                                You forgot Carroll in that mix, just to inform you. He played for the Dakota Wizards... that's where he learned how to play SF.
                                Axel wrote:
                                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Working...
                                X