Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
    In D league meaningless games where Bruno shot 10 3's per game and only hit like 34% on clean looks and you call that a fine shooter?! I wonder what percentage in an actual NBA game that means something where open 3's are almost non available facing actual NBA players would be?! He is a streaky shooter at best.
    What's with the meaningless caveat? Does any non NBA game have no meaning? Does nothing done on a D-League court matter at all? Do they not shoot from the same exact distance as the NBA? I can tell you didn't watch the games because Bruno made 3's in every way possible: catch and shoot, off the dribble, from the corners, from the top, off a cut, off a screen. He also shot way better in the second half of the year than the first, almost like he was getting better while playing in meaningless games.

Let's save the bitching about Bruno until after some Summer League games when you'll actually have some game footage to talk about, instead of mindless speculation about games you didn't watch last year.

Comment

• Stackhouse's answer about Bruno makes me think that he believes in him. Sounds like he has pretty good expectations for Bruno.

Comment

• It seems Bruno has the skills to be a NBA player this year, but it's his mentality/IQ for the game.

The one area Bruno really needs to improve is his timing on his shot. I keep saying this, but he releases the ball too early and doesn't follow through enough. I think he's trying to shoot quicker because he sees other guys with quick releases and thinks he can do the same thing and hit them efficiently.

The other area Bruno needs to improve on is defense. His positioning mostly and also reaction time. it seem he's always a step behind on D. I think he's fine 1-on-1, but he needs to realize when to help others on D more often. If he does, he'ss be able to get a few key steals/blocks for us.

I feel Bruno's coming along, but he needs more 5-on-5 time and someone really needs to harp down on him about his shot. Besides that, we have a kid who has an NBA skillset on his hands and can handle 10-15 minutes as a backup 3/4.
        Axel wrote:
        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
        KeonClark wrote:
        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
        KeonClark wrote:
        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
          What's with the meaningless caveat? Does any non NBA game have no meaning? Does nothing done on a D-League court matter at all? Do they not shoot from the same exact distance as the NBA? I can tell you didn't watch the games because Bruno made 3's in every way possible: catch and shoot, off the dribble, from the corners, from the top, off a cut, off a screen. He also shot way better in the second half of the year than the first, almost like he was getting better while playing in meaningless games.

Let's save the bitching about Bruno until after some Summer League games when you'll actually have some game footage to talk about, instead of mindless speculation about games you didn't watch last year.
          I watched plenty of D league games to notice Bruno is a streaky and a volume shooter. A meaningless game means that the final score does not matter as the D league is purely mostly used for player development firstly and the winning part is secondary. Thus Bruno is allowed to launch 10 3's a game with plays specifically design for his success which do no favor if the team is trying to win.

You don't like my analysis then it's fine but don't take make it personal attack.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
            It seems Bruno has the skills to be a NBA player this year, but it's his mentality/IQ for the game.

The one area Bruno really needs to improve is his timing on his shot. I keep saying this, but he releases the ball too early and doesn't follow through enough. I think he's trying to shoot quicker because he sees other guys with quick releases and thinks he can do the same thing and hit them efficiently.

The other area Bruno needs to improve on is defense. His positioning mostly and also reaction time. it seem he's always a step behind on D. I think he's fine 1-on-1, but he needs to realize when to help others on D more often. If he does, he'ss be able to get a few key steals/blocks for us.

I feel Bruno's coming along, but he needs more 5-on-5 time and someone really needs to harp down on him about his shot. Besides that, we have a kid who has an NBA skillset on his hands and can handle 10-15 minutes as a backup 3/4.
            It has always seemed to me that he hurries himself up on the shot, even if there's nobody near him. His form is fine, but I've never understood why he is in such a hurry to jack up jumpers. He needs to calm down.

His defense is worrisome. Part of it seems like he doesn't know how to use his length without over-committing or getting too close to the offensive player, but man does he look hopeless when he's asked to be a help defender. He's still a couple of years away from being a rotation player-- at best.
            Last edited by Sinbad; Sat Jul 9, 2016, 04:31 PM.

Comment

• Sinbad wrote: View Post
              It has always seemed to me that he hurries himself up on the shot, even if there's nobody near him. His form is fine, but I've never understood why he is in such a hurry to jack up jumpers. He needs to calm down.

His defense is worrisome. Part of it seems like he doesn't know how to use his length without over-committing or getting too close to the offensive player, but man does he look hopeless when he's asked to be a help defender. He's still a couple of years away from being a rotation player-- at best.
              Very good observations, much like Bargnani whom didn't seem to understand that he is 7ft tall and was a waste of his talent when didn't use his height to his full advantage.

Comment

• I have no idea why this debate continues.

People here post about the GM, how they know better.....about the coach....they know better...the players...etc. yet, they still continue a conversation about Coboclo...who, from even a pedestrian eye, is not a good basketballer. He's not. He's shit.

Potential...blah blah.....youth....blah blah. He's not good. When he is a functioning NBA basketball player, lets talk..Fuck, this new kid, the Dane, would eat this kids lunch all day long.....all day.

Maybe Bruno gets better....who knows....but right now....full on d-leaguer. I'm so tired of hearing about this guy.

Comment

• Dane? Don't come to this page if you don't wanna read about Bruno. I saw a lot of positives in Bruno. Like talking about him.

Comment

• Can we trade Bruno?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                      I have no idea why this debate continues.

People here post about the GM, how they know better.....about the coach....they know better...the players...etc. yet, they still continue a conversation about Coboclo...who, from even a pedestrian eye, is not a good basketballer. He's not. He's shit.

Potential...blah blah.....youth....blah blah. He's not good. When he is a functioning NBA basketball player, lets talk..Fuck, this new kid, the Dane, would eat this kids lunch all day long.....all day.

Maybe Bruno gets better....who knows....but right now....full on d-leaguer. I'm so tired of hearing about this guy.
                      It pisses me off so much every time I watch Kyle Anderson play that we have to live with this Bruno s. "Nba gm know better , they have a full scout team..." I don't need no analytics no multi million dollar computer I will out draft the raptors team any day of the week

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                        It pisses me off so much every time I watch Kyle Anderson play that we have to live with this Bruno s. "Nba gm know better , they have a full scout team..." I don't need no analytics no multi million dollar computer I will out draft the raptors team any day of the week

Are you related to Kyle Anderson? I mean he's playing ok but I don't see no star that we missed out on and definitely not the kind of athletes we are bringing into our roster's identity.

Andre Miller is a free agent. Are you pissed off we have Delon Wright over Andre Miller?

Comment

• I think this organization or maybe it's Canada but we seem to make players soft last time Bruno was here he was trying to dunk on ppl. 3 times now he has tried to euro step around ppl instead of dunk on someone.

Comment

• Sinbad wrote: View Post

Seems like in the most recent game he leaves his man too much to try to block shots coming from the weak side. His man was often open in the corner, which won't work against most teams. I also don't think he is a good enough defender right now to warrant leaving someone wide open, although he does impact a lot of shots. He may be getting the green light, cause I remember reading how he was given the opportunity to roam some on defense last year in the 905 as a free safety. Wouldn't be as bad if his closeouts didn't end up as fly-bys as the offensive player pump faked and had a free lane to the hoop. Thats the one thing that really stood out to me, other than that his defense seemed alright.

Comment

• Yeah, the one area Bruno desperately needs to tighten up is not jumping at 3 point shooters. That said, there was one closeout where he started off nowhere close and ended up freaking out the shooter so much with his length they barely grazed the rim. Still, definitely needs to get his closeouts straightened out, as he's so often roaming into help position, so recovery is key.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I be happy if this guy even becomes a rotational off the bench NBA player in 1-2 year. Even that seems unlikely now.

Comment

Working...
                                X