Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocwell wrote: View Post
    Y'all really believe Bruno is an NBA-level player?
    At this point, he looks like a complete pile of horse poop. But he wasn't drafted to be an NBA-level player after 2 years.

Comment

I see no reason why he can't become a viable 3+D bench player even without assuming the absolute best case scenario for him.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
        BeBe is lost cause ... I have no hope for that guy.
        Bebe looked really good in the 4th quarter of last night's game.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I'm very skeptical. Part of the issue is that he never really played high level basketball as a teenager, so, the big question mark is still whether his physical skillset can be translated into actual basketball skills. For most guys coming into the league, the question is whether their basketball skillset can actually be utilized, improved, developed and expanded at the NBA level. For Bruno, it's still not even clear whether he has any actual basketball skills, let alone NBA ones.

For me, he's like a bonus project. Raps don't need him at the moment and they a slew of other young players in the system (Powell, Wright, Poeltl, Siakim,), so, if he doesn't make it then it isn't a big loss. If he can find his way, then it's a big win for the player development system in Toronto and the scouting department.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Have to keep reminding ourselves we're only 2 years into a 4 year project.

66 career minutes played.
            Are we still measuring Bruno's progress in human years, or are we now using: tortoise years, light years, dog years or fruit fly years? lol.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
              Are we still measuring Bruno's progress in human years, or are we now using: tortoise years, light years, dog years or fruit fly years? lol.
              Pffft, a light year is a measure of distance, not time

Comment

Lol. Well, I think there are some people on this forum who would say that Bruno shouldn't be within 2 light years of an NBA court. You know who you are.

Comment

How many parsecs did it take you to come up with that response?

Comment

• my opinion

judge Bebe by whether or not he can give 15 minutes this year

judge Bruno by whether or not he can give us 15 minutes next year

until then sit back and watch
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

No, but he is still a work in progress. He was "2 years away from being 2 years away" at the draft. This is going to be his third season.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                        No, but he is still a work in progress. He was "2 years away from being 2 years away" at the draft. This is going to be his third season.

Comment

• 153 pages talking about a player who's played a total of 66 minutes of NBA garbage time in his career so far.

You have to admit.......That's pretty impressive!

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            I see no reason why he can't become a viable 3+D bench player even without assuming the absolute best case scenario for him.
                            Team D requires BBIQ even if you're coming off the bench. And while situational awareness can be developed through gametime reps, the problem is that Bruno is so far behind in this regard that he may never earn the trust of coaches to even be on the floor in the first place.

Reminds me of any number of project bigs who fizzled out despite having mouthwatering length/athleticism.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                              Team D requires BBIQ even if you're coming off the bench. And while situational awareness can be developed through gametime reps, the problem is that Bruno is so far behind in this regard that he may never earn the trust of coaches to even be on the floor in the first place.

Reminds me of any number of project bigs who fizzled out despite having mouthwatering length/athleticism.
                              Maybe. Seems to me based on his D-League play that he made huge leaps last season in this regard. He's actually very help-conscious, he really needs to work on his individual D positioning.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

This is likely the biggest factor in whether or not Bruno pans out. The current team is too good to award him free minutes to learn through his mistakes.

If DeRozan was a rookie on this team, he'd likely suffer from the same problem. But DeRozan is a prime example of the benefit of real minutes being given to a "raw" project.

Comment

Working...
                                X