Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Team D requires BBIQ even if you're coming off the bench. And while situational awareness can be developed through gametime reps, the problem is that Bruno is so far behind in this regard that he may never earn the trust of coaches to even be on the floor in the first place.

Reminds me of any number of project bigs who fizzled out despite having mouthwatering length/athleticism.
    Exhibit A

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      Exhibit A
      Even his wallpaper/posters are weird and awkward
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        Even his wallpaper/posters are weird and awkward
        I still can't believe this guy told the NBA.com media that he's too lazy to rebound the ball.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
          I still can't believe this guy told the NBA.com media that he's too lazy to rebound the ball.
          It's called basketball, not reboundball.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            It's called basketball, not reboundball.
            Yeah, but to say that to a journalist working for an international media outlet??? Says something about his thought processes.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
              This is likely the biggest factor in whether or not Bruno pans out. The current team is too good to award him free minutes to learn through his mistakes.

If DeRozan was a rookie on this team, he'd likely suffer from the same problem. But DeRozan is a prime example of the benefit of real minutes being given to a "raw" project.
              Yep. This is why I think Bruno will get at least one shot somewhere else should we let him go. Super low risk for a rebuilding team to give him some regular season minutes.

I just wish we would've thrown him out there in meaningless games against the Sixers and the like. We won all four games against the Sixers last year, by an average of 18.3 points. Bruno saw one minute and eleven seconds of playing time. If we aren't going to use those opportunities to develop guys then we are wasting the value of their rookie deals by pushing their usefulness out into the future (possibly with another squad).

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                Yeah, but to say that to a journalist working for an international media outlet??? Says something about his thought processes.
                Should I make another puffer-is-old joke about being born before they invented sarcasm? Nah I won't do that.
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

This is likely the biggest factor in whether or not Bruno pans out. The current team is too good to award him free minutes to learn through his mistakes.

If DeRozan was a rookie on this team, he'd likely suffer from the same problem. But DeRozan is a prime example of the benefit of real minutes being given to a "raw" project.
                  Idk if I agree with that or not. Sure rookies make mistakes (sometimes a bunch of them - even though he is year 3 at this point) but a young DeRozan just seemed very "raw" skillwise. DeMar basically was just mainly an athlete. He worked to become a good shooter from mid-range, much improved handles since his rookie year and a TON more crafty. But I never watched him and thought he just looks flat out lost and like he doesn't belong on a NBA court like I do with Bruno.

With Bruno it's not even just his skills, even close to being as "raw" as rookie DD, he actually came in as a much better and more natural shooter and tbh I thought his handles were very slightly better as a rook but he's biggest issues aren't his skills...

It's his overall bball IQ and court awareness. If he isn't running into the corner for a 3, he looks totally lost out there and it's not like he's not getting time in the D-League. They're trying to force feed him there so I'm not buying this "court time" excuse, all of Powell, Wright, Siakam and JP got the same treatment and actually the later 2 haven't even had as much now and still look already far better.

Of course, playing in the actual NBA does make a difference we see that with Norm and Norm is making "rookie" and young player mistakes but he doesn't look clueless like Bruno. BC (yes BC - Bruno Cabaclo lol) looks like some overgrown kid that plays at the YMCA out there. He never looks like he knows where to be and looks terribly unsure of what to do with the ball other than shoot it, it's truly painful. The only times he looks ok is when he sets up for a corner 3 or man on man defence, neither of which really require that much comprehension of the game.

I have MAJOR concern and lack of belief that he's going to get there. In the "skill" department I can see some marginal improvement in his ballhandling etc but his bball IQ and court awareness imo doesn't look much different than when he got here n that's problematic to say the least. I'd trade him for a 2017 2nd rounder if possible, non-guaranteed contract and I like a handful of players projected there to be better than what BC is.
                  Last edited by JamesNaismith; Wed Oct 5, 2016, 09:59 PM.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Should I make another puffer-is-old joke about being born before they invented sarcasm? Nah I won't do that.
                    I invented sarcasm. I'm just still caught off guard when someone else uses it.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                      153 pages talking about a player who's played a total of 66 minutes of NBA garbage time in his career so far.

You have to admit.......That's pretty impressive!
                      Good point. I am going back to Candy crush

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                        Idk if I agree with that or not. Sure rookies make mistakes (sometimes a bunch of them - even though he is year 3 at this point) but a young DeRozan just seemed very "raw" skillwise. DeMar basically was just mainly an athlete. He worked to become a good shooter from mid-range, much improved handles since his rookie year and a TON more crafty. But I never watched him and thought he just looks flat out lost and like he doesn't belong on a NBA court like I do with Bruno.

With Bruno it's not even just his skills, even close to being as "raw" as rookie DD, he actually came in as a much better and more natural shooter and tbh I thought his handles were very slightly better as a rook but he's biggest issues aren't his skills...

It's his overall bball IQ and court awareness. If he isn't running into the corner for a 3, he looks totally lost out there and it's not like he's not getting time in the D-League. They're trying to force feed him there so I'm not buying this "court time" excuse, all of Powell, Wright, Siakam and JP got the same treatment and actually the later 2 haven't even had as much now and still look already far better.

Of course, playing in the actual NBA does make a difference we see that with Norm and Norm is making "rookie" and young player mistakes but he doesn't look clueless like Bruno. BC (yes BC - Bruno Cabaclo lol) looks like some overgrown kid that plays at the YMCA out there. He never looks like he knows where to be and looks terribly unsure of what to do with the ball other than shoot it, it's truly painful. The only times he looks ok is when he sets up for a corner 3 or man on man defence, neither of which really require that much comprehension of the game.

I have MAJOR concern and lack of belief that he's going to get there. In the "skill" department I can see some marginal improvement in his ballhandling etc but his bball IQ and court awareness imo doesn't look much different than when he got here n that's problematic to say the least. I'd trade him for a 2017 2nd rounder if possible, non-guaranteed contract and I like a handful of players projected there to be better than what BC is.
                        The "looking lost" could simply be a lack of confidence. He didn't look nearly as clueless with the 905.

Playing with the big boys could be rattling him. Something he'd need real minutes to get over.

Comment

• You know you're a legit scrub when a guy like Drew Crawford keeps outplaying you.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Comment

• His D definitely got better but I feel like his offensive skills got actually worse
                              He actually used to drive as strong as he can. Now it looks like he is trying to learn euro step or something which ends up looking like softest and weakest driving layups I have ever seen in NBA..

Comment

LOL

Lewenberg is the Mike Wilner of the Raptors.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X