Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SamMitchells wrote: View Post
    Ever since I saw the footage of him crying from a block I lost hope in him.. He's another Terrance Ross
    Masai messed up,
    No he's nothing like T Ross. He cried because he couldn't help his team win, T Ross would just sit there and day dream about NBA 2K.

Comment

• SamMitchells wrote: View Post
      Ever since I saw the footage of him crying from a block I lost hope in him.. He's another Terrance Ross
      Masai messed up,
      You lost hope in the first summer? Wow you truly are a genius among the rest of us. And even if he completely flames out, how in the hell dis Masai "mess up"? He's swinging for the fences, of course theres a chance he misses or else the chance he gets a star. Do you think 7 years from now we'll all be sitting here depressed that we didn't draft career backup point guard Shabazz Napier?
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• How does everyone know he plays so much 2K?
        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
          How does everyone know he plays so much 2K?
          He frequently posts on twitter and/or Instagram

And asks if anyone is down to play 2K
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post

He's 19. What else could a kid do with that spare time? At least he's still focusing in on basketball.
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• lmao! Someone had too much time to do nothing over all-star weekend. It's all good, every young black kid thinks getting grills is a good idea at some point in there life, trust me haha.. it just happened that bruno had the bank account to make it happen! They aren't the permanent ones either so it'll be alright but man does he look hilarious
              "you can't be playing checkers, on no chess board yoo!" - D'angelo

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                He's 19. What else could a kid do with that spare time? At least he's still focusing in on basketball.
                Is was talking about Tross lool
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

That's super lame but I kind of want to play him and see if he's any good lol
                  You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                    Giannis had a year of pro ball in Greece under his belt before entering the NBA. He also played with the Greek national team. I look at Bruno as being a year behind where Giannis was when he was drafted. So this season is like a redshirt year. I expect he will be much improved when we see him in summer league, and he should be ready to contribute around 10 minutes per game next season. Year 3 he can be a backup or possibly starter. That's a realistic growth curve for such a raw young talent. As was noted, he already has a nice shot, so the rawness mainly comes from positioning and instincts. I'm confident those holes can be shored up by his 3rd season and we'll have a pretty good idea of what he can be by then.
                    Giannis was also on a shitty team who allowed him to mess up and grow. If the Raps were a lottery team, Bruno would get a lot more playing time, thus speeding up his development.

Comment

Is was talking about Tross lool
                      Ah. Wonder if Bruno plays at all. Hehe, but yes. Ross plays too much 2K.
                      Axel wrote:
                      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• You can't blame Ross for loving NBA2K. The T Ross on that game actually drives to the hole and dunks in traffic. He's living vicariously through...himself.
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          While I can tell this post is tongue in cheek, underneath the sarcasm I can tell you actually wanted Bruno to do better this season. I thought everybody understood what the deal was, he was coming to Toronto and be with/train with the team, learn North American language and NBA life, hopefully get in 30 minutes or so of garbage time all season.

While I still don't think he's going to be "2 years away from being 2 years away", I knew he wouldn't be close to ready this year.

I think a reasonable goal next season is to see him getting any meaningful minutes at all, and then by season 3 a great leap would be to play as a 8th-10th man off the bench.

The guy is a project, straight up. Our goal is to use his freakish body and athleticism and turn it into a real star NBA player, hopefully around 25 years old when JV is still very much in his prime and obviously lots of other good stuff has happened.
                          I agree with everything you've said except for the fact you believe I expected more of Bruno.

If you went through my posts on the thread, you'll see the below. Which is basically the same as what the bold is above.

Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                          I mean, I want Bruno to be really damn good, but expecting him to play regular minutes every game is going overboard on his ability right now.

He's just not polished for NBA basketball yet, and we should be OK with that. We can't develop somebody who can't play at this level.

Playing during practices, learning plays/systems, speaking English, adding muscle. That's all I expect, with a couple bonus garbage minutes.

Silly Keon.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                            Going in to jack up bad shots is certainly not beneficial to his development, in fact, shooting in general is definitely something he can develop in practice. But being out on the court and learning to function a (even small) role within the offence is huge and something that can't be developed solely in practice.

Same with defence, tracking an unfamiliar opponent in a game is hugely different than tracking a teammate in practice.

I think the D-League is experience wasn't as beneficially as it could have been, partially due to the environment (not direct affiliate of Raptors), the hectic adjustment to a new team concept (especially hard with his non-English background) and in the end, because he wasn't there long enough to get over the adjustment period and straight up be a part of a team.
                            Sure. But teams aren't running crisp offensive sets or clamping down on their defensive systems during 30 point laughers. This is why they call it garbage time. I think we're on the same page that a few more minutes, even if they are largely throw away ones, probably wouldn't hurt his development. I just don't think he's missing out on much by not getting in a lopsided game every couple of weeks.

Comment

• It would be fantastic if NBA teams could "loan" players like you can in soccer. Since we don't have a D-League team, we'd either pay or be payed for the services of some of our players.

Find a way to credit teams for loaning or accepting loaned players to encourage loans and open up cap relief for teams at or above the luxury tax.

That way the raps could loan Bebe and Bruno and have them get real game experience on a shit team. Or a shit team like the Knicks could loan Melo to a team to make a playoff run.

THAT would make for a crazy ass kick ass league.

Probably not the right thread but woah.
                              Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                              Because its 2015

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
                                Sure. But teams aren't running crisp offensive sets or clamping down on their defensive systems during 30 point laughers. This is why they call it garbage time. I think we're on the same page that a few more minutes, even if they are largely throw away ones, probably wouldn't hurt his development. I just don't think he's missing out on much by not getting in a lopsided game every couple of weeks.
                                I see no reason why we couldn't though. We can't control the effort and precision of the other team, but we can certainly control our own. A lineup that features mature players like Fields, Hayes, Hans would definitely still be able to offer a great simulation of our sets. Plus Bruno is so raw on defence, that any offence outside of practice is great for developing better court awareness.

Also I think most opponents would certainly bring an extra level of effort when defending Bruno. Nobody wants to be scored on by the player who's most famous for being "two years away from being two years away."
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X