Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Salmon Alabi: Does RR remember MU's Man from few years ago ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salmon Alabi: Does RR remember MU's Man from few years ago ??

It was just few years ago when MU at the time in his role as a scout was all about Salmon Alabi. Tall and great Wingspan with ton of athleticism. He was a guy the MU had an eye on for years and Raptors made sure that they draft him and ...

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Solomon-Alabi-551/

Alabi was drafted by the Dallas Mavericks with the 50th pick, and traded to the Toronto Raptors for cash considerations. 50th pick that didn't pan out. Does it matter
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      Alabi was drafted by the Dallas Mavericks with the 50th pick, and traded to the Toronto Raptors for cash considerations. 50th pick that didn't pan out. Does it matter
      Is the Bruno, Alabi 2.0 that was drafted 30 pick two early

Time will Tell my friend, Time will tell.

Comment

Alabi wasn't coordinated and couldn't shoot for his life. Totally different cases.
        Myself (March 2014):
        The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
          Alabi wasn't coordinated and couldn't shoot for his life. Totally different cases.
          So why was MU so head over hill for this guy ?? Was it the length, Wingspan and Athleticism ?

Comment

Head over hill? he just gave an African boy a shot at professional basketball. He didn't draft him.
            Myself (March 2014):
            The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
              Head over hill? he just gave an African boy a shot at professional basketball. He didn't draft him.
              You need to refresh your information about that draft and how it went down.

Comment

First of all the Alabi situation was nothing like this.

For starters we took Alabi later than he was supposed to go, he was projected to go 41st by NBAdraft.net and we took him at 50. Second of all, Alabi was a known commodity having already played 4 years of college ball and being 22 at the time of the draft. Additionally, Alabi was picked 50TH, not 20th. He was not a 1st round level prospect.

That’s not even mentioning how poorly he was developed (likely due to him being a 2nd rounder and BC giving 2 fucks about those). He played a total of 26 games for us and an average of 7 minutes. That’s 182 NBA minutes, DeRozan plays that in 2 weeks.

Comment

It's like there are a large group of fans around here who aren't satisfied unless they're continuously torturing themselves.

Comment

Solomon Alabi played a couple years at Florida State. He was on ESPN all the time playing in the ACC going up against other pro prospects on a regular basis. Other than the long arm comparison, there is no other basis of comparison. One player is well known, a center, from Nigeria the other is off the radar, a wing, from Brazil.

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
                      So why was MU so head over hill for this guy ?? Was it the length, Wingspan and Athleticism ?
                      Mu was "head over hill" for the Greek Freak too....and reportedly tried to trade for him/the pick. That would be a more apt comparison in more ways than one. Other than Alabi also being Nigerian I cannot recall a scouting recommend connection (made public) between he and MU.

Comment

I wonder if finding a compliment to a certain Italian under the direction of another Italian had anything to do with it

Comment

It's incredible that some wont allow at least a meet&greet and a local workout made public before frothing so much. Maybe "subliminal" is a new analytic.

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                            First of all the Alabi situation was nothing like this.

For starters we took Alabi later than he was supposed to go, he was projected to go 41st by NBAdraft.net and we took him at 50. Second of all, Alabi was a known commodity having already played 4 years of college ball and being 22 at the time of the draft. Additionally, Alabi was picked 50TH, not 20th. He was not a 1st round level prospect.

That’s not even mentioning how poorly he was developed (likely due to him being a 2nd rounder and BC giving 2 fucks about those). He played a total of 26 games for us and an average of 7 minutes. That’s 182 NBA minutes, DeRozan plays that in 2 weeks.
                            Not to mention that there was a reason Alabi was sliding: a couple days before the draft, rumours of a medical condition came out (a form of hepatitis, if I remember correctly). Most teams backed off because they thought it was one of the more serious forms of hepatitis. The Raptors knew that it was a less severe strain and wouldn't affect his career. Which they were right about. So to me, it's an example of the Raptors scouting staff being the most informed about the pick. The guy just never really developed his game.

Comment

I'd take a flyer on a 7ft, athlete at the 50th pick any day. I'm okay with 2nd rounders failing...I'm even okay with late first rounders failing...
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                              X