Who's the next Harden? (Raptors related

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's the next Harden? (Raptors related

I think that's the next step for this team. Let's be real we're not getting Durant here. What we need to do is pull what Houston did and get a star in here before he fully exposes himself as a superstar.

So who is there in the league that could potentially be that, and their team might not be willing to fork over a max contract for?

Kawhi Leonard could potentially be that guy, although the spurs probably will match anything. Can anyone think of others?

We have the cap space in 2015 free agency, we have desireable trade assets, I think we can pull this off it's just that Masai needs to find that guy

If we could somehow sign Kawhi next year, then S&T for Millsap.

Top 5 PG
    Top 5 SG
    Top 5 SF
    Top 10 PF
    Top 5 C if JV reaches his potential

Title contender.

Comment

We have those guys potential in DD and JV. Maybe even Bruno.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

A lot of people think that's Jimmy Butler. I'm not convinced.

As much as it might irk people Harrison Barnes may be the closest to a cheap player that could become a star.

For scoring only I could see Fournier becoming very good, but Manu good, not Wade good.
        Tobias Harris if he can stay healthy.

Out of those my fav to possibly make that leap would be Barnes.

Also I'm a HUGE Lance Stephenson fan. I could see him being Artest-esque. Just keep him from fighting and you have the same type of 20/5/4 player who plays badass D.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          We have those guys potential in DD and JV. Maybe even Bruno.

None of those guys have superstar potential.

Comment

I think we go all in on Love next summer, letting Amir walk. We'll potentially have 22M in cap room.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

K.L. is a Spurs for life and nothing going anywhere.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                I think we go all in on Love next summer, letting Amir walk. We'll potentially have 22M in cap room.
                Ah this is very possible as well. I'm hoping Minny goes full retard and doesn't trade him. If he's on a team like GSW or HOU i don't see him leaving to come here.

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                  None of those guys have superstar potential.
                  Go compare KL #s to DD's

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

guys i'd drop a boatload of cash on:

Beal - can't see Wiz letting him go though. sigh.
                    Burks - would be fantastic 6th man. again, can't see Utah letting him go though.
                    MKG - just a ridiculous defender. i can't really see him commanding a TON of money but who knows. a tandem of Bruno/MKG would be something.
                    Leonard - spurs aren't letting him go, especially when Duncan will be retiring soon
                    Po - on one hand i can't see them letting him walk but on the other hand they did just draft parker and kidd will definitely ruin this franchise even more. Po AND Bruno? Good gravy.
                    Aldridge - doubt portland doesn't extend him asap but if he doesn't... i'd max him (can we max someone?)
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

oh yeah and Love

tho i can't see him wanting to sign here. dude is destined to play for the lakers.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I've always had a soft spot for MKG. Worse case you could turn him into a Tony Allen type player, we didn't waste a top 3 pick on him so it won't feel like a letdown.

Comment

Love doesn't fit the type of bigs we're bring in. You know ones that can actually play D.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Go compare KL #s to DD's

What I'm wondering with Kawhi is if he's like Harden where he's currently a 60 TS% 3rd/4th banana, but if you give him a bigger role can he reach the all-star/superstar tier? That's what I'm wondering.

Comment

Love doesn't fit the type of bigs we're bring in. You know ones that can actually play D.

I'm getting really tired of people saying they don't want certain superstar level players. Stop being ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                              X