BREAKING: Patman Signs 18mil/3years in Toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    23 wins in a 66 game season = 29 wins in an 82 game season. In the eastern conference, high 20s/low 30s in wins gets you 9th, 10th and 11th seeds, not the 13th/14th/15th seeds that you need for top 5 picks. And what do you know, we were 11th in 2011-12 and 10th in 2012-13. AKA (7th - 11th) Treadmill Zone.

Actually I will concede that we semi-tanked in 2011-12, but the mistake was not resting our starters towards the end of the season. That resulted in us picking up way too many wins at the end and we ended up only picking 8th. That was the difference between getting a Beal or Lillard and TRoss.

In 2012-13 we did not tank at all. BC pulled a freaking panic move and traded for Gay mid-season. In no way, shape or form is that tanking.

The only year we definitively tanked in the BC era was 2010-11, and that was mostly because we had to because we had no cap space after Bosh left for BC to use on patchwork signings.
    Scary part is we were really targeting Barnes that year, and he has not panned out at all. Even with tanking/sucking, the picks are still a crap shoot. Right now I'd take Ross over Barnes, and I never ever ever would have said that on draft night.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
      Scary part is we were really targeting Barnes that year, and he has not panned out at all. Even with tanking/sucking, the picks are still a crap shoot. Right now I'd take Ross over Barnes, and I never ever ever would have said that on draft night.
      So true, I remember being pretty upset about the Ross pick on draft night. He wasn't even on my radar. I was looking at Rivers or Lamb at that spot (Ross is better than both atm, although I think Lamb given a chance would be better). Although when Drummond was still there (was expecting him to be gone before Portland, I wanted him so badly and raged when I heard "Terrence Ross".

Comment

Yup, and I think Nogueira has higher upside than the guy that was selected with our pick (Steven Adams).
        Could have had 'Po

If Bruno works out I'll let that one go

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          Could have had 'Po

Should probably just let it go either way since time machines don't exist

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
            Could have had 'Po

Lowry + Bebe > Po.

Hell,
            Lowry > Po.

Lowry trade was one of those BC moves that actually panned out (he had a lot of hits to go with his misses, like any volume shooter).

I like Po but he's currently nothing special, just oozing with potential.

Comment

• BREAKING: Patman Signs 18mil/3years in Toronto

Primer wrote: View Post
              Lowry + Bebe > Po.

Hell,
              Lowry > Po.

Lowry trade was one of those BC moves that actually panned out (he had a lot of hits to go with his misses, like any volume shooter).

This kid is honestly the most overrated player in the league. Never seen someone get so much hype for growing two inches over the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                Lowry + Bebe > Po.

Hell,
                Lowry > Po.

Colangelo was basically the JR Smith of GMs.

Took a whole lot of shots, bricked most of them, but because he took so many he had a couple of nice makes too (DeRozan and JV picks, Lowry trade, etc). His problem was instead of being patient, surveying the court and looking for an open teammate to get a bucket; he made chucked up contested fadeaway threes (patchwork moves) to try and save his ass.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  This kid is honestly the most overrated player in the league. Never seen someone get so much hype for growing two inches over the summer.

I've been hyping him since last year fwiw.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post

He's overrated by some, but I see him as having AK47 type potential down the line. 15 points, 7-8 boards, 3-4 assists, a couple steals, a couple blocks.

Comment

• Yeah Giannis is getting overrated now, I see so many people trying to say he a franchise player looool

He's gonna be a good player but not a franchise type! At best he's gonna be the 3rd option on a contender
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                        Yeah Giannis is getting overrated now, I see so many people trying to say he a franchise player looool

He's gonna be a good player but not a franchise type! At best he's gonna be the 3rd option on a contender
                        Yeah AK47 type guy where if he's your 3rd guy you've got a strong-ass team.

Comment

Colangelo was basically the JR Smith of GMs.

Took a whole lot of shots, bricked most of them, but because he took so many he had a couple of nice makes too (DeRozan and JV picks, Lowry trade, etc). His problem was instead of being patient, surveying the court and looking for an open teammate to get a bucket; he made chucked up contested fadeaway threes (patchwork moves) to try and save his ass.
                          Maybe BC more like the guy he traded for---> Rudy Gay
                          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                          - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                            Maybe BC more like the guy he traded for---> Rudy Gay
                            BC acquires players who are made in his image

Comment

Working...
                            X