Perennial Contender or One Chipper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perennial Contender or One Chipper?

Ok, so I've brought this up with some buddies last football season, and I'd like to know what some basketball fans would rather see...

Here's the question: Would you rather the Raps be a team that is a perennial contender, say 50+ wins for ten seasons without winning a Championship but going deep in playoffs, or would you rather them be a 20-30 win team for 9 seasons and have one ok year with one championship ring under their belt?

I guess it's a little different for basketball, being that we are used to having a losing team for so long, so that may weigh a little heavier here.

For the record, I said I would rather my team go 12-4 going deep in playoffs, rather than 4-12 for a bunch of years and a fluke super bowl with an 8-8 team.

What say you?

Perennial contender. 10 years of enjoyment as opposed to one blast.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
      Ok, so I've brought this up with some buddies last football season, and I'd like to know what some basketball fans would rather see...

Here's the question: Would you rather the Raps be a team that is a perennial contender, say 50+ wins for ten seasons without winning a Championship but going deep in playoffs, or would you rather them be a 20-30 win team for 9 seasons and have one ok year with one championship ring under their belt?

I guess it's a little different for basketball, being that we are used to having a losing team for so long, so that may weigh a little heavier here.

For the record, I said I would rather my team go 12-4 going deep in playoffs, rather than 4-12 for a bunch of years and a fluke super bowl with an 8-8 team.

What say you?
      I'd rather see them win it once and even bomb the nine years. It's all about winning it. We've seen them bomb for over ten years with no payback. Everyone is still standing.

You don't fluke an NBA title. This isn't the NFL where a team like the Giants, who were lucky to just make the playoffs, can catch fire and string together four wins in a row to advance and win a Super Bowl.

If the Raptors just barely make the playoffs they're probably drawing a team that could sweep them very easily. If they're lucky enough to advance it was probably a gruelling seven games battle which by the end of it they're getting tired.

Comment

"rather live one day as a lion than a 100 years as a lamb" i'd take 1 championship over the Atl Hawks style 10year 1 & done playoff runs any time...and after almost 20 years of trash results...we are long overdue

Comment

50+ wins hardly puts them in a situation where they "...just barely make the playoffs..." or puts them into "...Atl Hawks style 10year 1 & done playoff runs.."

They would be a perennial Eastern Conference team. One championship and then 10 years of irrelevance makes for very uninteresting basketball. Had enough of that.

Comment

If we win Eastern Conference Finals I'll be happy.
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
              50+ wins hardly puts them in a situation where they "...just barely make the playoffs..." or puts them into "...Atl Hawks style 10year 1 & done playoff runs.."

They would be a perennial Eastern Conference team. One championship and then 10 years of irrelevance makes for very uninteresting basketball. Had enough of that.
              big difference between perennial contenders that don't win the championship and perennial playoff team that never contends...(Atl Hawks style 10 year 1 & done playoff runs..)lol i agree with you completely if we are contending

Comment

10 years of badassness and hopefully a few game 7 nba finals games over 9 years of garbage and one fluke championship.

If you win every year, the league loves you, if you win it all on year, no one believes you.
                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

It's kinda like the Marlins in baseball. They've been terrible except they have 2 titles in 97 and 03 I think it was. ..

I would much rather have ten great seasons with heartbreak towards the end, rather than 9 terrible seasons and one championship.

Comment

win it all
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

So it's kind of like Spurs after beating Cavs till last year when they lost to Heat or Dallas.. Rather be Dallas

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

I think I'd rather win it all at least once. I think we're underestimating how brutal it would be to lose deep in the playoffs for 10 years consecutively lol because our expectations would be higher each year so each year we'd be even more disappointed.
                        If we were shitty for 9 years and for some reason won a championship in the 10th year no one would expect it making it that much more sweeter (it would be like if we would have won a title this year, everyone would be like wtf and in crazy shock).
                        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

One chip. Easily. The Utah Jazz will always feel like a sad and unfinished story. The Pistons have been in limbo for several years now but that 2004 championship still gets talked about to this day.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post

What say you?
                            Mack, one of the best posts I have read in years, thanks man. Thats a question you almost never hear.

Its easy though, One chipper......

We have already seen years of shit ball....but if the won next year, all of it, THAT would be worth it.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                              ....We have already seen years of shit ball....but if the won next year, all of it, THAT would be worth it.
                              Respectfully disagree. Would you rather have 9 years of great marriage, or one year of fantastic marriage and 9 years of hell?

Comment

Working...
                              X