Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much is Derozan worth in today's market? Is he max?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will admit that I'm one of the few that hated Demar's contract. I'm eating my words for breakfast right now.

PS> If he marginally improves his dribbling and defense for the upcoming season, I'll be eating the same words for lunch and dinner as well.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

I think, anywhere from 13-15 should be his price range.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
        Kinda why I hope people shut the fuck up about him this year and realize that DD on 9.5 a year, if he were signed by MU today coming from another team would make people's heads fucking fall off with amazement. there would be great masses making love in Raptors Square.

instead, we get idiotstick posters droning on and on about how shitty the guy is.

Can we put this to rest now. You have an allstar who makes chump money for what, 3 more year???? be happy. it aint about him being the best SG in the NBA, its about what that extra 4-5 million on your roster will allow you to buy down the road, all while KEEPING a guy like derozan, who is a fucking GEM of a player to have on a team.
        Who is that?

To be honest you are coming off as an idiotstick.

Comment

Kinda why I hope people shut the fuck up about him this year and realize that DD on 9.5 a year, if he were signed by MU today coming from another team would make people's heads fucking fall off with amazement. there would be great masses making love in Raptors Square.

instead, we get idiotstick posters droning on and on about how shitty the guy is.

Can we put this to rest now. You have an allstar who makes chump money for what, 3 more year???? be happy. it aint about him being the best SG in the NBA, its about what that extra 4-5 million on your roster will allow you to buy down the road, all while KEEPING a guy like derozan, who is a fucking GEM of a player to have on a team.
          I only liked this because of the first and last block of text. The middle line was unnecessary, seriously.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Lol, how could you possible know what Grievis was willing to accept?
            LOL, How could you not know !!! 3 year 13.5-14 is the reasonable contract. MU over paid to make it shorter I guess. What do we gain by G.V. shorter contract for one year is beyond me and DanH can probably look at the numbers and tell us.

Comment

Nice Post ... DD is above every single player on this team and has much higher potential. We all know he has bunch of blind haters here who are just embarrassing themselves by every single post.

DD is going to SHUT them UP again this season by showing improvement to his game and taking more steps toward becoming a more dominate player.

If he was a FA this summer, he could have easily get a 15-16 million a year contract.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                Hayward, parsons, DeRozan.... Neither worth max

But I think right now all get it because market says so.

The player option on derozans contract is really unfortunate.
                Wow, I never knew that he had a player option! I am not too worried about it right now though.
                I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

I remember when Colangelo resigned DeMar. Some people were losing their mind that he totally blew it.

NBA ownership are a bunch of hypocrites. They come to the bargaining table looking to claw back more and more because they're "not making money" and then they turn around and make every effort to waste money in all avenues. They just can't help themselves.

Comment

Demar deserves the player option as far as I'm concerned. You get him at a discount for 3 seasons, he should have the option to re-up after that. Colangelo had faith he would improve like he has, and he has put the work in to prove it, so he deserves it.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      I remember when Colangelo resigned DeMar. Some people were losing their mind that he totally blew it.

NBA ownership are a bunch of hypocrites. They come to the bargaining table looking to claw back more and more because they're "not making money" and then they turn around and make every effort to waste money in all avenues. They just can't help themselves.
                      This. And I think people need to stop shitting on the player option. It was probably a deal-breaker, especially for a guy like DeRozan that prides himself on trying to get better every year. He probably wanted a chance to opt out early and get more money if he improves to an all-star level. Right now he is actually underpaid based on the market.

And people saying we should've just given him 4yrs at 11-12M per year (with no player option instead) are nuts. RealGM/Raptors and this site would've shut down permanently if that happened.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                        Demar deserves the player option as far as I'm concerned. You get him at a discount for 3 seasons, he should have the option to re-up after that. Colangelo had faith he would improve like he has, and he has put the work in to prove it, so he deserves it.
                        Yup and that's why DD's agent likely demanded it to be added.

Comment

He signed Bargnani to a very similar contract. The Turkoglu contract also nearly identical in dollars per year. That was his track record for 10 million dollar-ish deals with us.

I wasn't ready to believe that BC had suddenly 'figured it out' with DeMar.
                          "Stop eating your sushi."
                          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                            He signed Bargnani to a very similar contract. The Turkoglu contract also nearly identical in dollars per year. That was his track record for 10 million dollar-ish deals with us.

I wasn't ready to believe that BC had suddenly 'figured it out' with DeMar.
                            Yup, bang on. At the time of DeRozan's extension, there was no reason to believe Colangelo knew what he was doing.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              Yup, bang on. At the time of DeRozan's extension, there was no reason to believe Colangelo knew what he was doing.
                              Colangelo took a risk just like he did with Amir.

Amir worked out. As it turns out DeRozan did as well. We all know Bargnani did not work out.

However there was no way DD was worth the contract when he signed it. You can argue the potential, and you'd be right, but for the performance he wasn't worth it. Luckily it is all a moot point now.

Good on DeRozan for not resting on his laurels and pulling an Ariza and showing up the last year or two of his deal.

Comment

Really not relevant. The owners as a whole pay a set amount to the players as a whole. The same amount, no matter how many stupid or smart contracts they sign. Big contracts for worse players just means smaller contracts for good players.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X