Everything Dwane Casey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R. wrote: View Post
    Can we just close some games with the starters instead of fiddling with new lineup combinations throughout entire 4th quarters.

Evidently there's a very fine line between "This skilled roster is like a Swiss army knife!" and "We are just throwing shit at the wall and hoping something sticks. Oops, nothing did."
    I can't connect the dots on how JV is so good and valuable for 2.5 quarters, but then useless in the 4th? Like, is he not still the same NBA player capable of scoring, rebounding, and protecting the rim. What you lose on 3 point close outs you're more than giving back with A Brown or CJ Miles
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      I can't connect the dots on how JV is so good and valuable for 2.5 quarters, but then useless in the 4th? Like, is he not still the same NBA player capable of scoring, rebounding, and protecting the rim. What you lose on 3 point close outs you're more than giving back with A Brown or CJ Miles
      #CaseyGonnaCase

Comment

• I don't want to pile on but.....Ibaka was atrocious last night, turned the ball over left and right, scared to shoot, but dude still played a ton of mins.

CJ Miles played 6-7 mins in the 4thlast night. He was the easily worst player on the floor last night

JV i think only played a total of 15 mins lol.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• No question JV and OG both deserve 4th quarter looks IF it's not working the way it is and they were bringing it earlier (which has been the case both the last 2 games)

You should never play with an asterisk that they're disqualified from the 4th no matter what, and that seems to be the case with both guys. I mean Gortat often gets late minutes too Dwane..

Hurry back Fred.

Comment

• Everything Dwane Casey

Yeah I don’t get why Casey just doesn’t play what was working more often. Our starters have done a good job throughout the series. Just keep that going and play OG and JV in the 4th when it matters, especially when Miles isn’t shooting well, I’d rather count on OG’s defense.

OG may not be our best player, but hes been terrific and by far our most consistent player in this series.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
              No question JV and OG both deserve 4th quarter looks IF it's not working the way it is and they were bringing it earlier (which has been the case both the last 2 games)

You should never play with an asterisk that they're disqualified from the 4th no matter what, and that seems to be the case with both guys. I mean Gortat often gets late minutes too Dwane..

Hurry back Fred.
              VV missing all these games is on Casey as well.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                VV missing all these games is on Casey as well.
                I'm still not seeing the connection here. How is Fred getting drilled by Adebayo on Casey?

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  I'm still not seeing the connection here. How is Fred getting drilled by Adebayo on Casey?
                  Casey knew about 9/11 before it happened

Despicable

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    Playing him in a meaningless game is completely on Casey.

The Raptors treated Game 82 like it's Game 7 of the Finals. It was ridiculous.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Bench guys play in meaningless games. I don't know what the outrage is for. If Casey was resting players he would rest starters.
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                        Bench guys play in meaningless games. I don't know what the outrage is for. If Casey was resting players he would rest starters.
                        Yup exactly. If Casey was going to rest anyone it would be Kyle or DeMar.

Comment

• Not overly bothered by it, but this is one quote I didn't particularly like by Casey. There's a fine line between dis-respecting your opponent and respecting them too much that you plant a seed of doubt in your own mind that they can beat you. I know Casey's trying to get his guys fired up, but you would never, ever hear Phil Jackson say something like this.....

“To come and think this was gonna be an easy series, I said it before it even started, it’s gonna be a nip-and-tuck dog-fight for seven games, like a lot of other series around the Eastern Conference. The Eastern Conference is a very balanced conference, a lot of even teams, you put John Wall on this team for 82 games and I guarantee they wouldn’t be eighth,” head coach Dwane Casey said.
                          https://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2018...ds-to-improve/

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                            Not overly bothered by it, but this is one quote I didn't particularly like by Casey. There's a fine line between dis-respecting your opponent and respecting them too much that you plant a seed of doubt in your own mind that they can beat you. I know Casey's trying to get his guys fired up, but you would never, ever hear Phil Jackson say something like this.....

https://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2018...ds-to-improve/
                            It's not out of character for Casey to take the high road.

And I assume he's speaking with a much different tone in front of his troops.

Comment

• https://www.raptorshq.com/2018/4/24/...reakdown-stats

I was pissed after game 4 so I went on a 2000 word rant about how it sucks that the collapse in game 4 was completely predictable based on who was on the floor, including the DeMar iso crap happening.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                It's not out of character for Casey to take the high road.

And I assume he's speaking with a much different tone in front of his troops.
                                I really hope so. Other than Masai, the Raps just aren't really skilled at the psychological game waged through the media. Especially Kyle, Demar and Casey. F*ck Washington, is all.

Comment

Working...
                                X