Everything Dwane Casey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    Masai has never directly fired or hired a coach.
    Good time to pop that cherry.

Comment

• When you win COY, expectations for the following season jump exponentially. It becomes almost impossible to live up to those artificially inflated standards.

Comment

• And it should be repeated that the bench mob play, that NO ONE really expected, likely saved Casey's bacon from a mid-season firing when the starters were brutal game after game and the bench pulled games out of the fire for the W regularly. How many times did they close out games because they had stormed back to take the lead when the starters were trash?

I don't give DC credit for the bench play, that honour goes to Stackhouse and Nurse imo. They saved his job.

Find a way to dump Ibaka. I'd trade Lowry if possible, nothing against him we just need new blood (and the portion of the $30M we wouldn't be forced to eat) and sack Casey. Get DeMar so professional help with his depression/parents/girlfriend issues, bring up Stackhouse, sign FVV and maybe you have 15M that you didn't have to eat from Ibaka and Lowry trades to sign some additional help.

Stackhouse will get Poeltl back on track, further develop Siakam, get the most out of Bebe and make OG into a superstar. JV will get the floor time he deserves. DeMar will benefit from a new voice.

Let's Go!

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
          And it should be repeated that the bench mob play, that NO ONE really expected, likely saved Casey's bacon from a mid-season firing when the starters were brutal game after game and the bench pulled games out of the fire for the W regularly. How many times did they close out games because they had stormed back to take the lead when the starters were trash?

I don't give DC credit for the bench play, that honour goes to Stackhouse and Nurse imo. They saved his job.

Find a way to dump Ibaka. I'd trade Lowry if possible, nothing against him we just need new blood (and the portion of the $30M we wouldn't be forced to eat) and sack Casey. Get DeMar so professional help with his depression/parents/girlfriend issues, bring up Stackhouse, sign FVV and maybe you have 15M that you didn't have to eat from Ibaka and Lowry trades to sign some additional help.

Stackhouse will get Poeltl back on track, further develop Siakam, get the most out of Bebe and make OG into a superstar. JV will get the floor time he deserves. DeMar will benefit from a new voice.

Let's Go!
          I'm gonna need your help pointing to the stretch of the season where the starters were brutal game after game. Besides really early on when OG wasn't starting yet, and even then the starters were more like "meh, below average" than terrible.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Fingers crossed.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• My hot take—Casey’s fate lies in Derozan’s performance the rest of the series.
              MU can live with Casey’s in game challenges but if Derozan is terrible on D again tonight it will show Masai a new voice is needed to reach Derozan and implore him to play defense.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                My hot take—Casey’s fate lies in Derozan’s performance the rest of the series.
                MU can live with Casey’s in game challenges but if Derozan is terrible on D again tonight it will show Masai a new voice is needed to reach Derozan and implore him to play defense.
                We need a tough coach that get through to Derozan but also scare him and be his friend

I nominate Ice Cube from 21 Jump Street
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Could we be the team that goes for Coach Bud after all of this?
                  Axel wrote:
                  Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                    Could we be the team that goes for Coach Bud after all of this?
                    Which one - Budenholzer or Retriever?

(BTW - I highly reccomend anyone who's missed out to catch "7th inning Fetch" My man catches lasers from short with HIS MOUTH)

https://streamable.com/8de7m
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      Which one - Budenholzer or Retriever?

(BTW - I highly reccomend anyone who's missed out to catch "7th inning Fetch" My man catches lasers from short with HIS MOUTH)

https://streamable.com/8de7m
                      Budenholzer..... but I adored the Air Bud movies as a kid. But I have a thing for cheesy sports movies.
                      Axel wrote:
                      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• I was surprised that DC got the team to play better ball during the season. To share the ball. I didn’t think he was capable of it, but he managed to during the regular season. But Demar is what he’s always been. And coaching a guy with a big (bball) ego, a low percentage shooter, who can’t defend anyone, who makes bad decisions, that’s difficult. Particularly when you’ve let that player unload his clip year after year. That player will revert. And DC has gotten out coached many times before. Particularly over playoff series. And this team isn’t nearly good enough for its coach to get out coached. It needed an edge in coaching. Dwayne Casey can lose close games all by himself by getting out coached. Plays out of timeouts. Inbounds plays. Rotation. DC isn’t good enough. And nor is Demar, if you want to win in the playoffs. It’s hard for me to ever fathom winning in the playoffs with a SG like Demar. You can’t hide him. (No matter what nice guys they both might be)
                          Last edited by big boi; Mon May 7, 2018, 11:29 PM.

Comment

• goodbye

Comment

• Nothing else to be said really.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                                Accurate. Masai is in an impenetrable fortress where the fans can't reach with their torch and pitchforks though.

I think he'll make a good decision. I'm not sure what that decision is but Masai's been right most times.
                                That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

Working...
                                X