No announcement yet.

Everything Dwane Casey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ettore Messina gets my vote. But if we're going in house then Nick Nurse.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      Why?
      Just based on how the young guys play, they were developed Stack in the D-League for the most part.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        I wouldn’t be against Nurse staying on in current role but there is a lot to be said about a whole new voice being needed, and cleaning house of the staff might do just that.
        I’m okay with Nurse as head coach and getting him a whole new coaching staff.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
          Just based on how the young guys play, they were developed Stack in the D-League for the most part.
          Nurse did his time in D-league as well. Won two championships. Nurse worked with young guys in offseason too. You can't just attribute that to Stackhouse
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
            Ettore Messina gets my vote. But if we're going in house then Nick Nurse.
            He's my first choice but as far as I can tell; he's Pops' successor so he's going nowhere.

Nurse and Stackhouse are tied for my second choices. I suspect that another team will grab the other or both otherwise.
            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• New coach will not affect the ceiling of this team. But maybe he can affect the floor.

Comment

• This sucks. The only reason the Raptors were set up for this disappointment is that Casey had them playing so well throughout the year, like the clear 3rd best team in the league and best team in the Eastern Conference.

I get needing to make a change and I'm not mad, I'm just kind of sad at the realism of the job. He lifted this team from a 30 win team to a near 60 win team (ah let's just give them the Bucks win where JV was fouled on the last play and call them a 60 win team). He deserves better than this and I hope he lands in a really good spot. Might be an interesting option for the Bucks to consider.

In terms of a replacement, I don't know. Depends what else they want to do with this team and have a coach with a system that fits the young players they have and Masai's vision of the team, whoever that may be. Probably only like a 20% shot you're actually going to do better than Casey but that's the risks you have to take.
                That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                  This sucks. The only reason the Raptors were set up for this disappointment is that Casey had them playing so well throughout the year, like the clear 3rd best team in the league and best team in the Eastern Conference.

I get needing to make a change and I'm not mad, I'm just kind of sad at the realism of the job. He lifted this team from a 30 win team to a near 60 win team (ah let's just give them the Bucks win where JV was fouled on the last play and call them a 60 win team). He deserves better than this and I hope he lands in a really good spot. Might be an interesting option for the Bucks to consider.

In terms of a replacement, I don't know. Depends what else they want to do with this team and have a coach with a system that fits the young players they have and Masai's vision of the team, whoever that may be. Probably only like a 20% shot you're actually going to do better than Casey but that's the risks you have to take.
                  If Casey lands with the Bucks, knowing the Raptors and our luck, we can look forward to Casey ousting us in the post-season.

Comment

I don't know if you watch much Open Gym, Nurse spends tons of time on player development.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                      I don't know if you watch much Open Gym, Nurse spends tons of time on player development.
                      I do not. Don’t know much about Nurse’s background, should probably check on it.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                        If Casey lands with the Bucks, knowing the Raptors and our luck, we can look forward to Casey ousting us in the post-season.
                        He’ll throw out a lineup of Bledsoe, Brogdon, Middleton, Parker and Giannis.

Comment

I do not. Don’t know much about Nurse’s background, should probably check on it.
                          I didn't know but he's the winningest G-league coach of all time

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                            He's my first choice but as far as I can tell; he's Pops' successor so he's going nowhere.

Nurse and Stackhouse are tied for my second choices. I suspect that another team will grab the other or both otherwise.
                            Messina's interviewed with Charlotte and Milwaukee so he is available.

If we promote from within I don't know how much of a difference it will make. But I'd choose Nurse because it seems like he was the one most responsible for the offensive culture change.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                              Messina's interviewed with Charlotte and Milwaukee so he is available.

If we promote from within I don't know how much of a difference it will make. But I'd choose Nurse because it seems like he was the one most responsible for the offensive culture change.
                              Something about Masai makes me think he would promote from within. If he decides to split up the core, I think Stack makes a lot of sense, give him a chance to develop with some young guys.

Comment

• Sounds like mostly speculation:

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X