Everything Dwane Casey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    Casey has coached Demar for seven seasons and hasn’t been able to teach Demar enough defence to be a credible “hide guy” on defence. That alone is a fireable offence.

He’s long past his due. Every year more excuses and no real answers. Underprepared for series and situations for years.

Time to move on and not look back.
    This is what I mean with ridiculous expectations and contributing all the bad things to Casey and the good things to other people.

DeRozan has improved 3.5/5 aspects of his game that were weak coming into the league and made himself into a top 25 player. But because he hasn't done much defensively, fire Casey.

And the idea he can't be a hide guy is wrong. Toronto had the 5th ranked defense this year on a team with Derozan playing the most minutes. Cleveland had no one to hide him on because everyone is a shooter so yeah, they couldn't hide him.
    That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
      This is what I mean with ridiculous expectations and contributing all the bad things to Casey and the good things to other people.

DeRozan has improved 3.5/5 aspects of his game that were weak coming into the league and made himself into a top 25 player. But because he hasn't done much defensively, fire Casey.

And the idea he can't be a hide guy is wrong. Toronto had the 5th ranked defense this year on a team with Derozan playing the most minutes. Cleveland had no one to hide him on because everyone is a shooter so yeah, they couldn't hide him.
      Ridiculous expectations that a defensive coach could teach his top player, Mr Work Ethic, how to follow his guy AND the ball on the same play? That’s pretty basic and frankly, the main thing Demar needed to work on each year defensively since he was never asked to defend an on-ball scorer in 7+ years.

Regular season is largely irrelevant. The playoffs is when the other teams really scout you, really test you and the stats are horrendous. The Raps always seemed less prepared for the moment compared to their opponents. Whether it’s opening a series, coming out of the half, or ATO - we always seemed caught unaware. Players being prepared for each moment is 100% on the coach. Year after year it’s been the same type of pointless errors - drawing the inbounds play on the wrong side of the court to no plan to inbound the ball except to FVV 75’ from the net with 5 seconds on the clock. It’s more of the same issues.

Casey has made improvements each year but it isn’t enough. Not nearly enough.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        Forgot about Jeff Van Gundy.
        He loves his announcing job right now, he's said so himself - it's a no stress environment. He's a decent announcer too.

Comment

• I still can't get over the fact that Bebe was on the court last night. I keep giggling about it. Literally one of the funniest decisions I've ever seen made in sports. I'm going to remember it like this for the rest of my life:

Comment

• Budenholzer is probably the best outside hire. Promoting Nurse makes sense too. Hope it's one of those.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              I still can't get over the fact that Bebe was on the court last night. I keep giggling about it. Literally one of the funniest decisions I've ever seen made in sports. I'm going to remember it like this for the rest of my life:

The game was still close at the time too lol

Bebe time.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                The game was still close at the time too lol

Bebe time.
                I literally spent the entire rest of the first half laughing at the decision. I couldn't stop myself.

Comment

I literally spent the entire rest of the first half laughing at the decision. I couldn't stop myself.
                  My reaction involved more yelling, I think...

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                    My reaction involved more yelling, I think...
                    Most, if not all of my anger was gone by the end of game 2. I had already reached acceptance by the end of game 3. So for game 4 I could just laugh at all the pathetic shit that happened. And nothing was funnier than Dwane Casey putting in Bebe. And it was so surreal and absurd that it was just too much to handle. Like David Lynch meets Douglas Adams.

Comment

• If we wanted more media attention south of the border then JVG or Becky Hammon would certainly do that. I would love to see Becky get the chance because it would be so interesting to see how the players (and assistants) responded to her. She apparently did well with the Spurs summer league team but then those guys were all trying to impress Pop who surely had her back. I wasn't following NBA closely during the JVG Knicks years so frankly I don't know much about him as a coach. I like him as a broadcaster except for the constant Lebron ass kissing.

As others have said; Stackhouse or Nurse make great sense if you are planning to build around the core of youngsters and get rid of some of the older pieces. If they somehow think the team is "good enough" with a different, proven NBA coach then you go with one of the recycled guys. I don't like that idea because I don't think the team is good enough to win a championship or get to the finals with Ibaka, Miles and a useful but aging Lowry. Derozan is a bit of a mystery. Perhaps he would do better with a different situation. But that's discussion for another thread.

Comment

I still can't get over the fact that Bebe was on the court last night. I keep giggling about it. Literally one of the funniest decisions I've ever seen made in sports. I'm going to remember it like this for the rest of my life.
                        It was idiotic. No other way to put it. The Raptors were only down by 4 points too when he subbed in Bebe. Then all of a sudden it ballooned to 16 in just 2 mins.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          So what's the difference between an international coach and a college coach? pretty sure a lot of people here would love to see Jay Wright coach the team next year. He's an experienced coach right?
                          Same thing with college coaches. Not to mention the fact that very few college coaches end up being very good in the NBA (especially not in their first year).

Comment

• Mitch P wrote: View Post
                            If we wanted more media attention south of the border then JVG or Becky Hammon would certainly do that. I would love to see Becky get the chance because it would be so interesting to see how the players (and assistants) responded to her. She apparently did well with the Spurs summer league team but then those guys were all trying to impress Pop who surely had her back. I wasn't following NBA closely during the JVG Knicks years so frankly I don't know much about him as a coach. I like him as a broadcaster except for the constant Lebron ass kissing.

As others have said; Stackhouse or Nurse make great sense if you are planning to build around the core of youngsters and get rid of some of the older pieces. If they somehow think the team is "good enough" with a different, proven NBA coach then you go with one of the recycled guys. I don't like that idea because I don't think the team is good enough to win a championship or get to the finals with Ibaka, Miles and a useful but aging Lowry. Derozan is a bit of a mystery. Perhaps he would do better with a different situation. But that's discussion for another thread.
                            Why the fuck do we want more media attention?

What the actual fuck is wrong with some of you guys? Who gives a damn about that. We need to get SUPERSTARS. That is the only fucking path to a title. And since this team can't attract free agents, the only likely way to do that is through the draft. We can keep playing around and re-tooling and not ever getting anywhere, or we can tear it down and rely on what are supposed to be very good scouts and a good drafting GM and land ourselves franchise altering talent.

Changing the coach, changing the system... will... not... get... us... anywhere. We do not have the requisite talent to win a championship. Boston and Philly are only going to get better as well given that their key players are young with very high potential (Embiid, Simmons, Tatum, Brown, etc) and Boston didn't even have Hayward this year or Kyrie for the playoffs.

So tired of people looking for cheat codes or shortcuts. We aren't winning without getting superstars, period. All this media attention and respect that some of you guys with inferiority complexes about being Canadian are desperate for WILL COME if we get that level of talent and start lighting up the league with it. That was what happened when we had Vince. We need to get another player or two of that level and actually build a competent team around them.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                              Why the fuck do we want more media attention?

What the actual fuck is wrong with some of you guys? Who gives a damn about that. We need to get SUPERSTARS. That is the only fucking path to a title. And since this team can't attract free agents, the only likely way to do that is through the draft. We can keep playing around and re-tooling and not ever getting anywhere, or we can tear it down and rely on what are supposed to be very good scouts and a good drafting GM and land ourselves franchise altering talent.

Changing the coach, changing the system... will... not... get... us... anywhere. We do not have the requisite talent to win a championship. Boston and Philly are only going to get better as well given that their key players are young with very high potential (Embiid, Simmons, Tatum, Brown, etc) and Boston didn't even have Hayward this year or Kyrie for the playoffs.

So tired of people looking for cheat codes or shortcuts. We aren't winning without getting superstars, period. All this media attention and respect that some of you guys with inferiority complexes about being Canadian are desperate for WILL COME if we get that level of talent and start lighting up the league with it. That was what happened when we had Vince. We need to get another player or two of that level and actually build a competent team around them.
                              Let’s take that down a gear.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                                Let’s take that down a gear.
                                Ok, what's wrong with some of you guys?

Point still stands. We need to stop worrying about how much media coverage we're getting or if the Americans love us and start worrying about how to actually get superstars on this roster.

Comment

Working...
                                X