Everything Dwane Casey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    In so many ways, good and bad, Demar is the embodiment of Dwane Casey on the court.
    like father like son
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
      can we please get rid of this guy now?
      God I hope so.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Dwane Casey is the COMPLETE opposite of Brad Stevens. Plays after timeout is non existent. That play late in the 4th was wow.

1. 5 secs left on the clock, why would you give the ball to the guy who's on the other side of the court? 5 secs is an ETERNITY.

2. VanVleet did not know that there was only 5 secs left on the clock. Just unbelievable.

Casey needs to go.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          Dwane Casey is the COMPLETE opposite of Brad Stevens. Plays after timeout is non existent. That play late in the 4th was wow.

1. 5 secs left on the clock, why would you give the ball to the guy who's on the other side of the court? 5 secs is an ETERNITY.

2. VanVleet did not know that there was only 5 secs left on the clock. Just unbelievable.

Casey needs to go.
          this is as bad as drawing up a play on the wrong side of the court. fucking horrid coach.

Comment

• With the way the team has performed in this round the COY award has to go to Stevens. Was thinking winning it might have been the one thing that would have kept him safe from being fired. Going to be an interesting off season.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
              With the way the team has performed in this round the COY award has to go to Stevens. Was thinking winning it might have been the one thing that would have kept him safe from being fired. Going to be an interesting off season.
              COY is a regular season award, and doesn't include playoffs. All votes should already be set.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                COY is a regular season award, and doesn't include playoffs. All votes should already be set.
                OH boy....then this could be a really, really interesting off season. Would not want to be in Masai's shoes.

Comment

• Zainab wrote: View Post

Casey is an old dog. The old dog tried to learn new tricks but failed. I'd take Luke Walton over him right now.

Comment

OH boy....then this could be a really, really interesting off season. Would not want to be in Masai's shoes.
                    No, not really:
                    https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...=.2917dba37916

So, yes, while they call it “coach of the year,” it may as well be renamed “the kiss of death.” Here’s a look at the fate of NBA coaches of the year over the past decade (excluding Popovich, honored after the 2011-12 and 2013-14 seasons):

Avery Johnson, Mavericks (2005-06): Fired two seasons later during a year in which he became the fastest coach to reach 150 wins in NBA history.

Sam Mitchell, Raptors (2006-07): Fired 17 games into 2008-09 season, one year after surpassing Lenny Wilkens for most wins in team history.

Byron Scott, Hornets (2007-08): Fired nine games into 2009-10 season; like Mitchell, lasted barely more than one year after winning award.

Mike Brown, Cavaliers (2008-09): Fired one season after leading team to franchise-best 66-16 record; he was 61-21.

Scott Brooks, Thunder (2009-10): Fired last month despite .620 winning percentage with team over seven seasons.

Tom Thibodeau, Bulls (2010-11): The only survivor of the group, though the yahoos have been calling for his head during dry stretches of this season.

George Karl, Nuggets (2012-13): Took the team to playoffs all nine seasons as coach; Nuggets have missed playoffs in both seasons since he was fired.

Comment

• None of these coaches were fired during the offseason right after winning the award. That's why I think it will be interesting because firing the coach immediately after losing is the only thing I can think Ujiri can offer fans as appeasement. It's a tough position to be in.

It's going to be difficult to build any excitement to go into next season with the same coach and same players.

Comment

None of these coaches were fired during the offseason right after winning the award. That's why I think it will be interesting because firing the coach immediately after losing is the only thing I can think Ujiri can offer fans as appeasement. It's a tough position to be in.

It's going to be difficult to build any excitement to go into next season with the same coach and same players.
                        Karl was fired directly after.

Comment

• Personally, I don't think Ujiri needs to do anything to appease fans. He's overseen the best stretch of Raptors basketball ever, coming off the best season in franchise history. The team completely changed it's approach to offence this year, and they are better for it. If fans expected everything to break the Raptors way simply because we started moving the ball more then that was a fault of the fans. It's unfortunate that we haven't played particularly well throughout these first 3 games against CLE, but despite that we were in position to win 2 of those 3 games. Many players haven't performed as well as they did in the regular season. Shouldn't be a huge surprise really, considering that this team was the second youngest of all the playoff teams. We need 8-10 guys to play well, at or above the level they played at during the regular season, in order to really challenge the top teams. Some of these guys just need a little more seasoning and experience. And CLE is just a nightmare matchup for the Raps. It's not all doom and gloom for me, but then again I never really expected us to beat CLE...I thought it was possible, but I didn't expect it.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                            Personally, I don't think Ujiri needs to do anything to appease fans. He's overseen the best stretch of Raptors basketball ever, coming off the best season in franchise history. The team completely changed it's approach to offence this year, and they are better for it. If fans expected everything to break the Raptors way simply because we started moving the ball more then that was a fault of the fans. It's unfortunate that we haven't played particularly well throughout these first 3 games against CLE, but despite that we were in position to win 2 of those 3 games. Many players haven't performed as well as they did in the regular season. Shouldn't be a huge surprise really, considering that this team was the second youngest of all the playoff teams. We need 8-10 guys to play well, at or above the level they played at during the regular season, in order to really challenge the top teams. Some of these guys just need a little more seasoning and experience. And CLE is just a nightmare matchup for the Raps. It's not all doom and gloom for me, but then again I never really expected us to beat CLE...I thought it was possible, but I didn't expect it.
                            Agree with most everything here except the possibility of beating Cleveland. I put the losses solidly at Casey's feet. The lineups he put out, the use of timeouts, the end of quarter and tome out plays, the rotations... these are all things in the coaches control. Casey screwed all of them up in two games that could have bee decided in the last minute of regulation time. That is consistent with his performances in the post season in previous years as well in the regular season this year during the last couple of dozen games.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                              Karl was fired directly after.
                              And Masai was the one who fired him if I recall.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                                And Masai was the one who fired him if I recall.
                                Masai has never directly fired or hired a coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X