Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    And you want to bring Wiggins in here?
    Wiggins is just a kid lol. Dude just turned 23 years old.

23 year old DeRozan was nowhere as good as 23 year old Wiggins.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Hmmm.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...01&idx=players

4th year DeMar and 4th year Wiggins look very similar to me, and I'd give a slight edge to DeMar. Also, DeMar wasn't about to start year 1 of a max contract.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        Wiggins is just a kid lol. Dude just turned 23 years old.

23 year old DeRozan was nowhere as good as 23 year old Wiggins.
        golden wrote: View Post
        And you want to bring Wiggins in here?
        Yep... I'd bring a home town very young athletic wing here.... going the other way is what Minny needs... a hard ass point guard.

Going home to LA is Demar .. but to the clips not the lakers... and coming back is a serious hard ass in your face defender in Patrick Beverly and another wing in Tobias Harris and filler if the 6M TPE isn't useable
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
          Hmmm.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...01&idx=players

4th year DeMar and 4th year Wiggins look very similar to me, and I'd give a slight edge to DeMar. Also, DeMar wasn't about to start year 1 of a max contract.
          Great. Now compare their first 3 years.

Wiggins admitted himself that he struggled being the 3rd guy this year(his 4th year).
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
            Great. Now compare their first 3 years.

Wiggins admitted himself that he struggled being the 3rd guy this year(his 4th year).
            Wiggins isn't good enough to be a 1st or 2nd option on a playoff team.

Comment

• Very good coach! Not many coaches out there can get this roster much further than Dwane did, let’s just hope Masai finds one and/or makes major roster changes.

Thank you Dwane! Truley thought he was an amazing man and coach!

My favourite Dwane-ism: If “ifs” and “buts” were candy and nuts, we would all have a very Merry Christmas.
              Last edited by saints91; Fri May 11, 2018, 01:46 PM.

Comment

You know that how?
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• It's funny, this is maybe this first year of this post-season run where I'd made peace with the fact Casey would be coming back...and now he's gone.

Very hard, complicated decision to make. One of the first things I thought about was this passage (from a Zach Lowe column):

As DeMar DeRozan finished practice on Dec. 19, he noticed one Toronto Raptors higher-up after another -- Bobby Webster, the team's GM, and its three highest-ranked coaches -- file into team president Masai Ujiri's office. Then someone summoned him.

"I didn't know what the hell was going on," DeRozan recalls. "I thought, 'S---, I know I can't be traded.' It was like I was being called into the principal's office.'"

It was clear by then that Toronto had reinvented its offense after too many playoff stagnations. They had one more hurdle.

DeRozan, a proud native of Compton, California, grew up idolizing Kobe Bryant. The Lakers had retired Bryant's two jersey numbers the night before. DeRozan had surely watched. Ujiri told DeRozan he could be Toronto's Kobe -- a lifetime player who defines a franchise and, maybe, brings it championship glory. But to get there -- to push this live-wire Toronto team to its full potential -- DeRozan had to start shooting more 3-pointers.

Everyone in the room knew how much work DeRozan had put in to be ready for this moment. He was officially dabbling with the 3-pointer, about 2.5 attempts per game, but he had tried zero or one in six of 10 games. They needed more. Just taking them, coaches said, would draw attention and give everyone else more space. It would spare DeRozan contact. Possessions would flow more naturally.
                  Seems to me this is coach's work, and the fact that Masai had to get himself involved speaks to at least part of the overall problem.
                  "Stop eating your sushi."
                  "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                  "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Is Demar? His offence is good but his defence was atrocious.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                      No, he's not. But Wiggins is a player in DeMar's vein, and I'd rather go another direction if we're moving DeMar. Open up space and usage for OG, Pascal, Delon and Fred to grow their offensive games. That's hard to do if you move DeMar to bring in another high-usage guy who eats possessions and touches.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                        He is not. But trading Demar for Wiggins doesn't solve our issues. It's lateral move at best
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

and while he has several other laudable attributes ... neither is demar.

That bedshitting against cleveland was epic.... There is plenty of shared culpability to go around and Casey wears some of it for looking like he was out of his element during the game.... but that petulant exit in game 4 by DD was not good... not good at all..

Better to sell/trade/repurpose your assets when they have value than when they don't.....
                          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                          - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                            and while he has several other laudable attributes ... neither is demar.

That bedshitting against cleveland was epic.... There is plenty of shared culpability to go around and Casey wears some of it for looking like he was out of his element during the game.... but that petulant exit in game 4 by DD was not good... not good at all..

Better to sell/trade/repurpose your assets when they have value than when they don't.....
                            The Craptors eh?
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Trading DeMar for Wiggins essentially amounts to restarting the DeMar cycle, instead of changing it. If you're in favor of trading DeMar because of his flaws, you should also be in favor of moving in the direction of players who don't share those same flaws. I feel like if Wiggins wasn't Canadian, there would be no way in hell we'd be discussing this.

Comment

• Michael Grange....I can independently confirm Dwane Casey has been fired as head coach of the Toronto Raptors.

Comment

Working...
                                X