Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowe and Thorpe with a big postmortem on the end of Dwane Casey:

http://pc-cdn.espnradio.com/audio/30...7ea11f231c9d85

No big insights but echoes/reinforces a lot of what's already been said.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
      Lowe and Thorpe with a big postmortem on the end of Dwane Casey:

http://pc-cdn.espnradio.com/audio/30...7ea11f231c9d85

No big insights but echoes/reinforces a lot of what's already been said.
      I thought the one point that Thorpe brought up that stood out to me was when he talked about teams panicking. I really noticed it in the third quarter in game 2 where as soon as Cleveland started rolling the Raps completely panicked. Same thing happened almost every time the Cavs went on a run. That's where someone has to settle things down, get everyone focused and take back control. Casey wasn't able to do that.

Thorpe thought it happened at the end of game 1 as well and it's hard to argue with that.

Comment

• It's pretty funny how Masai's getting roasted on twitter, and by more than a few blue check marks. It's like they've got amnesia for how Toronto's been the butt of most NBA jokes over the past two weeks.
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
          I thought the one point that Thorpe brought up that stood out to me was when he talked about teams panicking. I really noticed it in the third quarter in game 2 where as soon as Cleveland started rolling the Raps completely panicked. Same thing happened almost every time the Cavs went on a run. That's where someone has to settle things down, get everyone focused and take back control. Casey wasn't able to do that.

Thorpe thought it happened at the end of game 1 as well and it's hard to argue with that.
          That playoff panic wasn't even restricted to this Cavs matchup. I still refer back to Game 6 against Bucks last year. The biggest turtling I've ever seen in my life.

7 points in 14 minutes. But we won, so it was glossed over.

Comment

• Indy took CLE hard in 7

Raps whimpered in 4.

Casey had some bad moments but man Demar needs to go -- he's a black anchor holding the Raps back, his style of play really does not fit this team and its a very bad fit -- move him asap if the Raps truly want to take the next step.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
              That playoff panic wasn't even restricted to this Cavs matchup. I still refer back to Game 6 against Bucks last year. The biggest turtling I've ever seen in my life.

7 points in 14 minutes. But we won, so it was glossed over.
              The year before that against the Pacers in Game 7. Up by 14 to start the 4th quarter, win by 5.

Comment

• Pat knows.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• It's not a good look. Everyone knows, former players, other teams players....they all know what the real issue is and it's not Casey.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• trex wrote: View Post
                      pat knows.

lol!

Comment

• I am sorry to see Dwayne Casey let go. He seemed like a loyal guy, a hard worker and, I believe, did an excellent job of taking the Raptors as far as the talent allowed.

I don't know what Masai Ujiri thinks a new coach is going to do to fix the obvious problems with the roster. Is there a coach out there who can somehow stop a group of elite scorers like Kyle Korver, LeBron and Kevin Love with mediocre and abysmal defenders like DeRozan, Miles and Serge?

Or perhaps it was just a matter of choosing a scapegoat.

In any case, if there is no change in upper management, I see the team getting worse, rather than better without Casey.
                        Last edited by BrieflySpeaking; Sat May 12, 2018, 12:30 AM.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          It's not a good look. Everyone knows, former players, other teams players....they all know what the real issue is and it's not Casey.
                          People would criticize if Casey was brought back too.

Haters gonna hate

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                            It's not a good look. Everyone knows, former players, other teams players....they all know what the real issue is and it's not Casey.
                            Not true. There's many NBA people who agree with the move.

But it's fascinating how polarizing this decision is. To what you're saying: yes, there's a lot of criticism. A friend of mine who coaches, whose opinion I respect, thinks it's a terrible move. I think it's the right move. It's a textbook case of 'damned if you do, damned if you don't'.
                            "Stop eating your sushi."
                            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• PPat needs to shut up. He has 9 points against Lebron in the playoffs. Dude needs to mind his own business.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                                Makes me more glad Casey was fired.

Comment

Working...
                                X