Everything Dwane Casey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    "Casey coached the system his boss wanted" is something I've never read or heard from any reliable source.. I know Weltman defended Casey's offensive system, but I've never seen anywhere that Casey was told or even asked to use that system.
    That was a bizarre claim by Christian. Shitting on Masai? That's whack. Christian is basically equating Masai to Phil Jackson forcing his coaches to play the triangle. I mean, Casey admitted that 'coaches make mistakes' when the whole issue of systems came up during Carroll's visit, not sure why Christian can't admit that Casey was behind the curve on style of play. Or that, it's simply a fact.

Casey's a good coach and great company man, but Masai is the real OG who is transcendant at what he does and makes everybody look better than what they are. I have zero doubt in my mind that if Masai brought in a guy like Terry Stotts or Nate MacMillan, that he would have equal (or better) success than Casey. That's not taking anything away from Casey, but simply recognizing how elite Masai is. The guy exudes powerful, yet humble leadership on and off the court. We should all be so lucky as to have a boss like Masai.

Comment

• Like Christian, I've always believed in Demar & JV and had hope for Casey.

Let's not conclude that just because he turned out right about these things that his reasoning's been sound

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Doesnt matter.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
        If the 1s in your username represent the letter I in Christian, where is the t?

Your name says chrisian
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• https://www.si.com/nba/2018/03/06/dw...-kentucky-ncaa

Nice read about Casey.

Comment

• I remember a few years back at least a couple of posters here felt Casey should be fired and replaced with Kevin Oliie, who had coached UConn to the NCAA championship.

Well, he's been fired. Not Casey, of course, but Ollie.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-bas...ies-basketball
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

I remember a few years back at least a couple of posters here felt Casey should be fired and replaced with Kevin Oliie, who had coached UConn to the NCAA championship.

Yeah, I saw that and chuckled. Another coaching genius. Him and Fred Hoiberg were going to revolutionize the game....

Comment

I remember a few years back at least a couple of posters here felt Casey should be fired and replaced with Kevin Oliie, who had coached UConn to the NCAA championship.

In the masai era, I've learned this board (including myself) has been wrong so many times. First and foremost Casey.

Masai believed in Casey when hardly anyone else did. Casey in turn believed in demar. Casey continues starting JV when many thought he was done. So many hated fvv for the first month or 2. Most didnt want siakam playing early on.

I'm happy to eat a bowl full of crow. Time to just start trusting these guys and letting them do their job
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• When Casey was on Woj's podcast, he made a special effort at the end, when Woj was wrapping things up, to point out something important to him. To paraphrase, he said African-American coaches who succeed get the label of being "good player coaches" or "player friendly". They don't get the credit of being smart or being a good tactician that others would get (here's looking at you Brad). I realize he works as part of a staff but he really deserves credit for coming up with a well thought out plan to stifle the best offence in the league. Well done Coach.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                    When Casey was on Woj's podcast, he made a special effort at the end, when Woj was wrapping things up, to point out something important to him. To paraphrase, he said African-American coaches who succeed get the label of being "good player coaches" or "player friendly". They don't get the credit of being smart or being a good tactician that others would get (here's looking at you Brad). I realize he works as part of a staff but he really deserves credit for coming up with a well thought out plan to stifle the best offence in the league. Well done Coach.
                    Back to 2014/15, 2015/16 seasons... Casey's staff in-game adjustments made me think that they're all stupid and cray cray.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      In the masai era, I've learned this board (including myself) has been wrong so many times. First and foremost Casey.

Masai believed in Casey when hardly anyone else did. Casey in turn believed in demar. Casey continues starting JV when many thought he was done. So many hated fvv for the first month or 2. Most didnt want siakam playing early on.

I'm happy to eat a bowl full of crow. Time to just start trusting these guys and letting them do their job
                      As one of the biggest Casey detractors over the years, I’m thrilled with the way the team has been coached this season. The issue with Casey seemed that he would never catch up with the modern NBA but this year he has completely engaged with a whole new style and system and managed it as well as could be asked for. Much like DeMar, he changed in ways I didn’t think he could and really embraced many of the things that his detractors were calling for. I consider it a win-win situation; the loyalists got to keep the players they wanted and the detractors got the style of play they wanted.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Sooo.....just so I'm clear, we're...hiring Casey today??

or Firing?

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                          Sooo.....just so I'm clear, we're...hiring Casey today??

or Firing?

He can hang around

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                            He can hang around
                            On a short leash. One wrong move....

Comment

• "Casey coached the system his boss wanted" is confirmed to be false..

From the Lowe article: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...to-raptors-nba

Change was the goal when the Raptors hired Nick Nurse, an offensive guru from the (then) D-League, in the summer of 2013. Nurse came in for an interview, and on an office whiteboard drew the offense he envisioned: different starting points, reads, passes, options. "The framework of what we are doing now," Nurse says, "was up on that board."
                              Masai and Nurse's vision for this team started 5 years ago. We haven't seen it until now because Masai trusted Casey even after the playoff shortcomings. It took getting swept twice for Casey to see that his methods just weren't going to get it done.
                              Last edited by tDotted; Tue Mar 13, 2018, 06:19 PM.

Comment

• No love for Casey lately? This link says ...give the COY award to Casey. I think he should too.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...mepage%2Fstory

Comment

Working...
                                X