No announcement yet.

Everything Dwane Casey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmmmm, really liking the idea of Jay Wright....but only if Lowry remains. Otherwise, it makes little difference.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      He's an experienced coach just like Messina.
      There is a difference between being an experienced coach and an experienced NBA coach. Can't expect an international guy to jump to the NBA and immediately succeed, not fair to him.

Comment

• Going through this thread and the options available I'm starting to really hope that the Raptors only let go Casey if they have a good plan in place for who to replace him with and a vision for why it'll work.

Casey deserves more than to be let go just to improve the optics of a situation without doing anything measurable to change the ultimate result.
        That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
          There is a difference between being an experienced coach and an experienced NBA coach. Can't expect an international guy to jump to the NBA and immediately succeed, not fair to him.
          So what's the difference between an international coach and a college coach? pretty sure a lot of people here would love to see Jay Wright coach the team next year. He's an experienced coach right?
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
            Spurs assistant don't always succeed. Coach Bud, Avery, Mike Brown
            1) 60 wins
            2) NBA Finals
            3) NBA Finals

Each by their 2nd year as a head coach after SAS.

Not arguing for any of those guys, don't really care for them myself, but tough to argue they didn't succeed after leaving San Antonio.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
              1) 60 wins
              2) NBA Finals
              3) NBA Finals

Each by their 2nd year as a head coach after SAS.

Not arguing for any of those guys, don't really care for them myself, but tough to argue they didn't succeed after leaving San Antonio.
              but they did get fired
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                Messina has been in the NBA for 4 years. Don't think it's accurate to write him off as an international coach any longer.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                  but they did get fired
                  Pretty much every coach gets fired eventually. And Coach Bud was a "mutual parting."
                  That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• I value the continuity and building of a long term foundation ala Spurs, even if we move on from Casey. That points to Stackhouse, with Nurse retained as lead assistant.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                      Pretty much every coach gets fired eventually. And Coach Bud was a "mutual parting."
                      Budenholzer left cause he didn't want to coach a tanking team - no decent coach does. I don't think you can draw conclusions about his abilities from leaving Atlanta.

Comment

Going through this thread and the options available I'm starting to really hope that the Raptors only let go Casey if they have a good plan in place for who to replace him with and a vision for why it'll work.

Casey deserves more than to be let go just to improve the optics of a situation without doing anything measurable to change the ultimate result.
                        I can't imagine they will fire him without a replacement in hand. I think that's largely why he kept his job after the WSH series: they couldn't get a coach they liked more than Casey.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                          I can't imagine they will fire him without a replacement in hand. I think that's largely why he kept his job after the WSH series: they couldn't get a coach they liked more than Casey.
                          Hopefully there's someone Masai likes now who is good.

Budenholzer, Stackhouse, Nurse, Messina, Fizdale. He's gotta think one of them is good right?

Comment

Going through this thread and the options available I'm starting to really hope that the Raptors only let go Casey if they have a good plan in place for who to replace him with and a vision for why it'll work.

Casey has coached Demar for seven seasons and hasn’t been able to teach Demar enough defence to be a credible “hide guy” on defence. That alone is a fireable offence.

He’s long past his due. Every year more excuses and no real answers. Underprepared for series and situations for years.

Time to move on and not look back.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Forgot about Jeff Van Gundy.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• David Blatt wouldnt be the worst option if we are getting rid of all the veterens.

Comment

Working...
                                X