Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    Ok, what's wrong with some of you guys?

Point still stands. We need to stop worrying about how much media coverage we're getting or if the Americans love us and start worrying about how to actually get superstars on this roster.
    See, that post would be even better without that first part. You’re right, we shouldn’t care about media attention but you aren’t right to question other posters the way you have been. Another gear down and it’s perfect.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Why the fuck do we want more media attention?

What the actual fuck is wrong with some of you guys? Who gives a damn about that. We need to get SUPERSTARS. ... And since this team can't attract free agents, ...
      more media attention = you get superstars = you attract free agents (and vice versa)

Comment

• gk17 wrote: View Post
        more media attention = you get superstars = you attract free agents (or vice versa)
        I don’t think luring free agents is really in the top 5 of things we need to address right now. Our foundation has serious cracks, let’s not worry about the curtains just now.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

more media attention = you get superstars = you attract free agents (and vice versa)
          You get a superstar, the media attention follows. No point buying a cart until you see what kind of horse you got.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
            You get a superstar, the media attention follows. No point buying a cart until you see what kind of horse you got.
            chicken-egg problem

Comment

chicken-egg problem
              That's the case with a lot of the suggested paths for the Raptors to follow. Quite frankly, I'm happy to wait and interested to see what Masai does except for one thing.

Subbing in Bebe was the absolute last straw for me. 12 point turnaround in 2 minutes. And the high scorer for the game for the Raptors played 16 minute? Get rid of Casey. His coaching costs the Raptors games in the regular season, but it is catastrophic in the post season. Folks here complain about players on the Raptors not having any heart, or collapsing during crunch time. Maybe it's because they are being told to do stupid shit that they know will lose them the game. By the guy who is in charge.

Comment

chicken-egg problem
                It's not a chicken-egg problem. You don't need media attention to get a superstar, you can get one in the damn draft.

Comment

That's the case with a lot of the suggested paths for the Raptors to follow. Quite frankly, I'm happy to wait and interested to see what Masai does except for one thing.

Subbing in Bebe was the absolute last straw for me. 12 point turnaround in 2 minutes. And the high scorer for the game for the Raptors played 16 minute? Get rid of Casey. His coaching costs the Raptors games in the regular season, but it is catastrophic in the post season. Folks here complain about players on the Raptors not having any heart, or collapsing during crunch time. Maybe it's because they are being told to do stupid shit that they know will lose them the game. By the guy who is in charge.
                  What if it would have worked like in the Washington series? Everybody celebrated this move - from top to the bottom. So I don't blame the coaches to try it, when everything else also didn't work.

Comment

What if it would have worked like in the Washington series? Everybody celebrated this move - from top to the bottom. So I don't blame the coaches to try it, when everything else also didn't work.
                    Why not just play JV? The problem during the game wasn't JV guarding Love.

Comment

It's not a chicken-egg problem. You don't need media attention to get a superstar, you can get one in the damn draft.
                      The Raptors drafted T-Mac and Vince Carter. Why they left? You need (US) media attention to keep superstars.

Comment

The Raptors drafted T-Mac and Vince Carter. Why they left? You need (US) media attention to keep superstars.
                        That ... wasn't why they left.
                        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Why not just play JV? The problem during the game wasn't JV guarding Love.
                          I'm sure Casey has asked himself the same question after the game.
                          Why? It was a desperate move to change to the positive. They played so many different lineups and nothing really worked. So they tried it.

I think they simply should have played with the hockey lineups. Starters & bench mob.

Comment

...It was a desperate move to change to the positive. They played so many different lineups and nothing really worked. So they tried it...
                            This is my issue with Casey. 4th game against a team you knew you were going to face in the playoffs and you've got no answers? How can the team move forward with him? As much as I have enjoyed the season, the questionable decision making, weird rotations and poor responses to other teams strategies and tactics have been a marker of Casey's work. I can't make any demands on the organization, and I will continue to watch, but I would much prefer to watch a coach who can properly utilize his players and get the most out of the resources he has.

Comment

This is my issue with Casey. 4th game against a team you knew you were going to face in the playoffs and you've got no answers? How can the team move forward with him? As much as I have enjoyed the season, the questionable decision making, weird rotations and poor responses to other teams strategies and tactics have been a marker of Casey's work. I can't make any demands on the organization, and I will continue to watch, but I would much prefer to watch a coach who can properly utilize his players and get the most out of the resources he has.
                              Don't know. But I think it would be hard for a new coach to move on with this core. That's why I see two options: Either you blow the whole thing up or you give Casey, Lowry & DeRozan one more year for their last run and try to improve with adding 2-3 new pieces for more shooting and better defense.

Comment

Don't know. But I think it would be hard for a new coach to move on with this core. That's why I see two options: Either you blow the whole thing up or you give Casey, Lowry & DeRozan one more year for their last run and try to improve with adding 2-3 new pieces for more shooting and better defense.
                                Well, I'll keep watching and enjoying what I can. This was certainly the best year since the first one, the Carter trip to the second round, and the Eastern Conference finals year.

Comment

Working...
                                X