Everything Dwane Casey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    or his homies don't want him to lose his job.
    The only peer group tighter than The Mob are the NBA coaching fraternity.

Comment

• I've found breaking image of the secret coaches only summit, sources say weird things going on there.....

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        or his homies don't want him to lose his job.
        This was voted on right after the regular season, right? So Casey's job security wasn't in question yet.

It's absolutely being released right now because they don't want him to lose his job.
        That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• If they can't fire him then it will show that even the management is mentally weak.
          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
            This was voted on right after the regular season, right? So Casey's job security wasn't in question yet.

It's absolutely being released right now because they don't want him to lose his job.
            I wonder which coach the players would vote for? That's what really matters.

Comment

• Why do you guys think the other coaches are trying to save him? Because one guy tweeted it? The timing of the announcement is actually later than last year when Spoelstra and D'Antoni shared the award. They announced it May 7, 2017. This one was 2 days late. If they followed last year's announcement date it would have been far more timely, given what happened to the Raptors on May 7th.

Also, George Karl was fired 29 days after he won the NBA coach of the year award back in 2013.
              your pal,
              ebrian

Comment

• So apparently a decision will be made at the end of May.

Either that's to see how Boston does and whether this Cavs team was truly "unbeatable" or Masai already knows he's keeping him and wants the vitriol to die down a bit before announcing he's staying.

It might really be to our benefit for... and I hate to say this... the Celtics to go to the finals (or at least force 7 games).

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
                  Why do you guys think the other coaches are trying to save him? Because one guy tweeted it? The timing of the announcement is actually later than last year when Spoelstra and D'Antoni shared the award. They announced it May 7, 2017. This one was 2 days late. If they followed last year's announcement date it would have been far more timely, given what happened to the Raptors on May 7th.

Also, George Karl was fired 29 days after he won the NBA coach of the year award back in 2013.
                  I don't think the 29 coaches created a Whatapp group, and colluded to all vote for Casey.

But if you're a head coach in this league, and you hear about "one of your own" potentially getting fired following the best [regular] season in franchise history....as a coach, you likely view that as dangerous precedent, and vote accordingly.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    I don't think the 29 coaches created a Whatapp group, and colluded to all vote for Casey.

But if you're a head coach in this league, and you hear about "one of your own" potentially getting fired following the best [regular] season in franchise history....as a coach, you likely view that as dangerous precedent, and vote accordingly.
                    So what you're saying is you believe they voted on May 8th and then released the results the next day?
                    your pal,
                    ebrian

Comment

So what you're saying is you believe they voted on May 8th and then released the results the next day?
                      I don't know when the vote took place. If it was weeks ago, then can ignore my comment completely.

Sent from my LG G6 using Tapatalk

Comment

• One thing about this award: maybe delay the voting until after the playoffs have finished.
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• They definitely need to consider adding some new categories for awards in the playoffs. We have MVP and playoff MVP. But we don't have playoff ROY or COY. I suppose for COY.. coaches should be doing the same thing they're doing in the regular season, right? Is there any reason to expect a coach to have a "second gear" that they switch to in the playoffs?
                          your pal,
                          ebrian

Comment

They definitely need to consider adding some new categories for awards in the playoffs. We have MVP and playoff MVP. But we don't have playoff ROY or COY. I suppose for COY.. coaches should be doing the same thing they're doing in the regular season, right? Is there any reason to expect a coach to have a "second gear" that they switch to in the playoffs?
                            Or, we just have 1 set of awards that takes the full season (i.e. regular season and playoffs) into account.

EDIT: On second thought, that's a dumb idea. The team that wins the championship likely wins every award, lol.

Comment

• LeBron is a better coach than Casey too.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                                LeBron is a better coach than Casey too.

That really is insulting.

Comment

Working...
                                X