Everything Dwane Casey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    He is not. But trading Demar for Wiggins doesn't solve our issues. It's lateral move at best
    Lateral move with better defence, more youth, and FINALLY a new coach.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

He is not. But trading Demar for Wiggins doesn't solve our issues. It's lateral move at best
      We don't know how good Wiggins is going to be yet. People are burying him because of his 1 bad season. I know that 23 year old Wiggins is better than 23 year old DeRozan.

If you told me 5 years ago that DeRozan would be the main guy on a 59 win team i'd laugh all over you.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I mean Wiggins still has a higher ceiling than Derozan, but him reaching that ceiling is questionable. Throw in a draft pick and Derozan for Wiggins will make sense.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
          Very good coach! Not many coaches out there can get this roster much further than Dwane did, let’s just hope Masai finds one and/or makes major roster changes.

Thank you Dwane! Truley thought he was an amazing man and coach!

My favourite Dwane-ism: If “ifs” and “buts” were candy and nuts, we would all have a very Merry Christmas.
          Ummm that's not a "Dwane-ism" it's a hundred year old saying.
          It's similarly funny that Casey tried to explain the anology of "like a duck - calm above the surface but paddling like hell underneath" as if this was somehow now or the reported "had to be from the country" to understand

Now, who's our next coach going to be and will they announce some global search? Nurse and Stack, Stack and Nurse, I'm OK with actually and I bet you the bench will be too.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
            Michael Grange....I can independently confirm Dwane Casey has been fired as head coach of the Toronto Raptors.
            Because woj never gets it right.
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
              It's funny, this is maybe this first year of this post-season run where I'd made peace with the fact Casey would be coming back...and now he's gone.
              Agreed. I've wanted Casey gone for many years. One of the main reasons was because I wanted to see what the ceiling of this group was under a different coach. But Casey this year was almost like a different coach.

He fixed three of my biggest issues: the iso-offense, not playing the kids enough, and resting the stars so they'd be fresh for the offseason.

The fourth and fifth were his terrible endgame play-calling and poor adjustments. These remained questionable to bad.

But what this year showed me was that a new coach can only squeeze a little more out of this group. So if this is the only move we make, it won't be enough. Hopefully it won't.

Good luck and many thanks to Dwane.

And I guess better late--very late--than never.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                Trading DeMar for Wiggins essentially amounts to restarting the DeMar cycle, instead of changing it. If you're in favor of trading DeMar because of his flaws, you should also be in favor of moving in the direction of players who don't share those same flaws. I feel like if Wiggins wasn't Canadian, there would be no way in hell we'd be discussing this.
                The Raps to me have shown they aren't able to get over the hump as currently constructed with their lead players. They had 3 cracks at it and came up second best all three times. This year the gap between what was expected and what happened is really wide. When its that wide... changes happen.

They came up short with Demar and Kyle this year when much more was expected....they can come up short without him as well. So a change is in order.
                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

• I think coach Bud would take the new offence to a new level, I like what he did with Atlanta. We need more shooters though.

Comment

• Look Casey helped get this franchise to a great place.. but he was a lousy playoff coach and this team needs to evolve into a better one. Not sure if the next coach can do that but that's where the new goal posts lie.

Hope we get a coach that can excel when the pressure increases and x's and o's really matter. Every minute detail matters.. especially when you don't have a super star that can bail you out.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                      Lateral move with better defence, more youth, and FINALLY a new coach.
                      Are we beating Lebron with this move? no. so it's lateral
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                        The Raps to me have shown they aren't able to get over the hump as currently constructed with their lead players. They had 3 cracks at it and came up second best all three times. This year the gap between what was expected and what happened is really wide. When its that wide... changes happen.

They came up short with Demar and Kyle this year when much more was expected....they can come up short without him as well. So a change is in order.
                        Sure, but personally, I'd rather build around OG than Wiggins, and I'm just not convinced that there's enough usage around to do both.
                        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Are we beating Lebron with this move? no. so it's lateral
                          Lateral but with better defence, more youth, and a new coach. I can keep repeating it if you'd like.
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Anybody thinks it was fucked up to make Casey do exit interview?

Comment

Anybody thinks it was fucked up to make Casey do exit interview?
                              Hadn't made their decision yet, presumably.
                              That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                                Lateral but with better defence, more youth, and a new coach. I can keep repeating it if you'd like.
                                thought it was sarcasm

Comment

Working...
                                X