Everything Dwane Casey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Ppl act like Casey is the only coach in the league that doesn't play young players. I'd like for ppl to find a coach that was starting two second year players and playing them 25+ mins each. Oh yeah a winning team while your at it.

It's also not fair to compare other coaches cause when don't watch their games with microscope like we do with Casey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Team was 7 deep. He had no choice. In two sub .500 seasons he favored veterans. Name lottery bound teams coaches that don't play previous seasons lottery picks. If your under .500 at the ASG trying to squeak out a couple of wins by missing development opportunities is poor roster management.

Comment

I'm glad we kept Casey, he's great at keeping everyone on check and works with his players througuh and the summer.

Moving him would change the identity and culture of this team.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
        I'm glad we kept Casey, he's great at keeping everyone on check and works with his players througuh and the summer.

Moving him would change the identity and culture of this team.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
        No choice really. Lakers still don't have a coach and TWolves just demoted the GM. Current trend would mean either Jack Armstrong or Mugsy takes the position.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
          Team was 7 deep. He had no choice. In two sub .500 seasons he favored veterans. Name lottery bound teams coaches that don't play previous seasons lottery picks. If your under .500 at the ASG trying to squeak out a couple of wins by missing development opportunities is poor roster management.
          Remind me which ones didn't play?

Jonas started every game and played 25 minutes a night. Ross played 17 minutes per game, and frankly we had Gay so he sure as hell was not gonna start and Anderson was a better offensive weapon than him that season. Casey was obviously given a mandate to try and make the playoffs by BC and management, especially after acquiring Rudy. While we had a bad record, we weren't out of playoff contention until like game #76.

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
            Remind me which ones didn't play?

Jonas started every game and played 25 minutes a night. Ross played 17 minutes per game, and frankly we had Gay so he sure as hell was not gonna start and Anderson was a better offensive weapon than him that season. Casey was obviously given a mandate to try and make the playoffs by BC and management, especially after acquiring Rudy. While we had a bad record, we weren't out of playoff contention until like game #76.
            That's a treadmill team by definition. I'm anti-tank but trying to squeeze into the playoffs end of season to be eliminated first round by playing vets is horrible planning. Blame BC or Casey but Casey is the only one left. Casey needs to show some ability to guide a team past the first round to keep his job.

Comment

That's a treadmill team by definition. I'm anti-tank but trying to squeeze into the playoffs end of season to be eliminated first round by playing vets is horrible planning. Blame BC or Casey but Casey is the only one left. Casey needs to show some ability to guide a team past the first round to keep his job.
              This is a management decision, not the coach's.

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                This is a management decision, not the coach's.
                Now management has been changed. If Hayes, PsychoT and Fields play before JJ and Bebe it is Casey. If Lou Will is chucking without any accountability its Casey too. I'm waiting to see but its been a consistent pattern.

Comment

Top10 team in both O and D. While starting and playing two sophomores 25+. That's a feat in it's self. Not many coaches can say that. If any actually lol.

#ProveEm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Now management has been changed. If Hayes, PsychoT and Fields play before JJ and Bebe it is Casey. If Lou Will is chucking without any accountability its Casey too. I'm waiting to see but its been a consistent pattern.
                    I don't think Psycho T or Fields get playing time because Casey barely played them last year. I can see Hayes playing over Bebe and that would piss me off. Hayes is just so shit lol. That would be all on Casey though
                    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                      I don't think Psycho T or Fields get playing time because Casey barely played them last year. I can see Hayes playing over Bebe and that would piss me off. Hayes is just so shit lol. That would be all on Casey though
                      Casey only plays veterans who suck when they are expiring. Not hating but it happens every year. At least nobody can blame BC.

Comment

A lot of people seem to have already made up their minds on Casey. Posters here seem to discount the fact that he started two sophomore players and gave our young guys plenty of run (even though they made their mistakes). All the while we were top 10 in offensive and defensive efficiency.

I think it's time posters realize that this is a different Dwane Casey (post BC). Masai and Dwane seem to be on the same page and Casey has said recently that he will play whoever helps the team win, regardless of their salary.

I really disliked him after the "come hell or high water" comment BUT i'm over that now. He really seems to be able to get the most out of his roster and i agree that he is an above average coach (when everything is considered).

Comment

I specifically remember Casey saying during the playoffs regarding T-Ross, something along the lines of, "If he didn't have so much potential he wouldn't be playing right now". Ross was playing like crap and still getting basically the same minutes he did in the regular season. The guy was shooting 29.8% FG and 16.7% from 3 for crying out loud.

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post
                            A lot of people seem to have already made up their minds on Casey. Posters here seem to discount the fact that he started two sophomore players and gave our young guys plenty of run (even though they made their mistakes). All the while we were top 10 in offensive and defensive efficiency.

I think it's time posters realize that this is a different Dwane Casey (post BC). Masai and Dwane seem to be on the same page and Casey has said recently that he will play whoever helps the team win, regardless of their salary.

I really disliked him after the "come hell or high water" comment BUT i'm over that now. He really seems to be able to get the most out of his roster and i agree that he is an above average coach (when everything is considered).
                            I could agree that BC influenced Casey in how he handled Bargnani... but he basically did the same thing with Rudy early last year and that was under Masai's watch. If salary isn't the deciding factor for playing time, then why was Rudy given free reign to continue to chuck up bricks?

The "come hell or high water" remark will continue to be a concern for me because of Rudy's play... If Lou Williams chucks up a bunch of bricks, is a stiff on defense, and hurts team chemistry but continues to get over 20mpg it will be on Casey in my opinion. I'm hopeful that it won't happen because Lou will be playing for a contract. But I'm afraid that it could and I'm even more afraid of how Casey would handle it.

Comment

Top 10 defense isn't that great. Houston had similar defensive numbers. If the team focus is defence being top ten sucks. Charlotte was 6th.
                              Top 10 isn't that great I guess lol, but better than at least 20 other teams.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                                Top 10 isn't that great I guess lol, but better than at least 20 other teams.
                                Yup and we only had the 9th best Net Rating (ORtg - DRtg) in the league. But yeah not great, only better than 70% of the league.

Comment

Working...
                                X