Everything Dwane Casey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    Didn't know BBR showed line up stats like that in a game. Thanks for sharing the link!

Always learning something new on this board
    It's an incredibly useful tool when trying to construct an ideal rotation. You can pull a bunch of games and get a good idea of typical sub patterns and timings.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      How about sexy young dwane casey in a meadow

Little known fact, the infamous "rock" that he always preaches we pound, is just off screen to the right. It's when they first met and the love grew from that day.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Serious question, is Thibs really a better coach than Casey? and is Wiggins really a better player than DeRozan?
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          Serious question, is Thibs really a better coach than Casey? and is Wiggins really a better player than DeRozan?
          I don’t think anyone has delusions that Wiggins is better than DeRozan right now.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            I don’t think anyone has delusions that Wiggins is better than DeRozan right now.
            Wiggins will be lucky to be ever as good as derozan is now
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Serious question, is Thibs really a better coach than Casey? and is Wiggins really a better player than DeRozan?
              No and no. Thibs worked with Van Gundy (which means a lot of on air praise) and Rivers (another ex media guy very popular with the networks) and has been spoken of as some sort of genius. Did anyone think the Bulls seemed particularly creative or inspired when he was there? I didn't expect him to turn Minny around overnight but the project is going rather slower than I had expected. Wiggins seems to be regressing. I've seen him play 7 or 8 times this year and often you hardly notice he's out there. His defence is often horrendous.

Coaching has a lot of aspects. Game management is the obvious thing and the most open to criticism. It certainly matters but possibly not as much as player development and handling the personalities of the team. I have the impression that the young Raptor players are all (except poor Norm at the moment) improving and growing. I also see all kinds of indicators that this team like each other, enjoy the success of their teammates and are growing more confident. Every team has guys waving towels and jumping off the bench for 3s etc, etc but it usually looks kind of rote and half hearted. The Raptors have absolute joy on their faces at times when their teammates....sometimes even direct rivals for minutes are making plays. So whether Casey or his staff or whoever.....I think they are doing a VERY good job with that part of coaching. The game management......we all seem to be experts and sure maybe a Pop (who is good at all of this stuff; why he is the GOAT) or Stevens or Carlyle is better than Casey at drawing up a play or calling a strategic timeout. But I think DC is improving and his overall approach has given us a very satisfying team to watch.
              Last edited by Mitch P; Sat Jan 6, 2018, 04:12 AM.

Comment

• Straight blowing teams out. This has to be our biggest '+' team ever at this juncture of the season.

Comment

• Underrated, undervalued, underappreciated. Some how the team that all US media ranked out of the top 3 are on pace to finish with the best record in the conference.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Sat Jan 6, 2018, 09:47 AM.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Somehow I didn't realize that this season is the best start in franchise history. A lot of franchise records being set, it seems like. Somebody is doing something right, and it seems like it is a group effort, management, coaching staff, trainers, players. Great time to be a fan. Best year since 1995.

Comment

A:> Masai is better than all of the above.

Comment

• Sometimes we forget that the coach of our team is a person. Casey is a great guy and I’m proud of him.

https://youtu.be/4hnXep0qTeo?list=PL...yhHwccuXHUBa6U

Comment

• Casey was on Zach Lowe's pod over the holidays, sorry if anybody posted already - I'm halfway through and it's good: https://play.google.com/music/m/Dvgg..._The_Lowe_Post

Sent from my LG-H933 using Tapatalk
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Casey is receiving a lot of praise across the media whenever Raptors come up thanks to offence transformation and our overall play. BKRef has our Defence and Offence both at 3rd, nba stats defence is at 4th, can't find a reference, but it was done just 10 times in last 20 seasons and average wins of these teams - 65. If we keep up with our style of play and winning he should be in great position to win Coach of the Year, low pre-season expectations should also work in his favour - most of the media outlets had us in the middle of the pack, not in, as of now ,clear two team race for first seed.

If you scroll through the league there aren't many worthy candidates:
                            - Kerr is not winning again unless they beat 73-9
                            - D'Antoni won it last year, also rockets growth this season can attributed to CP3 acquisition
                            - Thibs raises a lot of controversy with heavy minutes, but he is a solid choice nonetheless
                            - Stevens Celtics are overachieving once again and he should have strong case depending if they have as strong 2nd part of the season
                            - Spoelstra is doing miracles - they expected W/L is 19-22 (-1.1 net rating) yet somehow they are 24-17 - Addition by subtraction with Waiters and Winslow might be a reason too - they are significantly better with them off-court
                            - No other team is raising eyebrows enough to warrant COY consideration

Right now I'd vote:
                            1. Spo
                            2. Casey
                            3. Stevens

Comment

• I'd be happy for Casey if he won it, but it's also kind of funny because whenever Tpronto has an unexpectedly good season, our coach is always in that chatter while our players get little to no attention.

Like I don't think DeMar deserves the MVP, but he deserves to be more talked about in the discussion than he is, which is barely at all. No one talks about him and Lowry working to fit the new style. Not sure most media members would be able to name anyone else on our team except Ibaka and maybe JV and Miles.

Basically it's like they think we have a team of unknown players who Casey has sprinkled fairy dust on to lead to wins. Kind of hilarious.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                I'd be happy for Casey if he won it, but it's also kind of funny because whenever Tpronto has an unexpectedly good season, our coach is always in that chatter while our players get little to no attention.

Like I don't think DeMar deserves the MVP, but he deserves to be more talked about in the discussion than he is, which is barely at all. No one talks about him and Lowry working to fit the new style. Not sure most media members would be able to name anyone else on our team except Ibaka and maybe JV and Miles.

Basically it's like they think we have a team of unknown players who Casey has sprinkled fairy dust on to lead to wins. Kind of hilarious.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                                If Casey wins COY, then Masai has to get EOY for demanding the "culture reset" and the results of his drafting. Morey has a case for EOY by landing CP3, but Ainge will probably win EOY regardless of what happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X