No announcement yet.

Everything Dwane Casey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd have Thibs, Casey, and Stevens in the top 3 for CoY. Minnesota is gaining momentum in the west, Spo is an excellent coach but I doubt being a mid-tier EC team gets that award.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
      I'd have Thibs, Casey, and Stevens in the top 3 for CoY. Minnesota is gaining momentum in the west, Spo is an excellent coach but I doubt being a mid-tier EC team gets that award.
      Minnesota is stacked. Way more impressive imo for spoelstra to have a nearly identical record. Big 4 of Karl anthony towns, jimmy Butler, Wiggins and Teague vs Josh Richardson, dragic, waiters and tyler johnson. I mean come on
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• No one has him on their list yet - so I guess I'll go ahead.

Pop is Coach of the Year and it's not particularly close for me. He's taken a team where Kawhi Leonard has barely played, who's depending on a guy in LaMarcus Aldridge to be their primary scorer when Spurs fans were attempting to run him out of town. And beyond that who has the Spurs second best player been? A 95 year old Pau Gasol? Rudy Gay?

This team is currently 28-15. That is incredible.

My top 3 for COY:
        1. Pop
        2. Stevens
        3. D'Antoni

Casey might be 4 or 5.
        That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
          No one has him on their list yet - so I guess I'll go ahead.

Pop is Coach of the Year and it's not particularly close for me. He's taken a team where Kawhi Leonard has barely played, who's depending on a guy in LaMarcus Aldridge to be their primary scorer when Spurs fans were attempting to run him out of town. And beyond that who has the Spurs second best player been? A 95 year old Pau Gasol? Rudy Gay?

My top 3 for COY:
          1. Pop
          2. Stevens
          3. D'Antoni

Casey might be 4 or 5.
          Pop is like lebron. Could and should win every year

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
            No one has him on their list yet - so I guess I'll go ahead.

My top 3 for COY:
            1. Pop
            2. Stevens
            3. D'Antoni

Casey might be 4 or 5.
            Oh yeah, forgot about Pop. It's at the point where we just take him for granted. He's basically rolling with a poor man's Portland Blazers (Nate McMillan era), minus Brandon Roy and a past-prime LaMarcus Aldridge.

Comment

• wrong thread

Comment

• Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post

Amazing the amount of stuff you can find by googling "Gilbert Arenas idiot"
                  If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Lot of stupid stuff from that single sentence. Everyone "has" 50 something games.. actually more like 82. If he means wins, then sure, but COY has nothing to do with playoffs. That's a regular season award just like the MVP is or the MIP is or the DPOY is.

And the last time they lost in the first round was 3 seasons ago.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                      Amazing the amount of stuff you can find by googling "Gilbert Arenas idiot"
                      Remember when he and a teammate had a disagreement over a game of cards so they tried to turn their professional sports locker room into the OK corral?

Good times

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        Remember when he and a teammate had a disagreement over a game of cards so they tried to turn their professional sports locker room into the OK corral?

Good times
                        That teammate was a young player named Javaris Crittenton, who went on to become a convicted murderer and drug trafficker. Just a wonderful job of mentoring by the veteran, Gilbert Arenas. Tool.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                          That teammate was a young player named Javaris Crittenton, who went on to become a convicted murderer and drug trafficker. Just a wonderful job of mentoring by the veteran, Gilbert Arenas. Tool.
                          To be fair to arenas, I don't think his momentary lapse of leadership caused the innocent kid to be a murderer. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the future murderer was part of the reason guns were drawn in the first place

Comment

• Also, he's kinda right that COY generally gets awarded to a coach that blows expectations out of the water. Expectations weren't out of this world for Casey's youth-dependent squad, but they weren't that low either. (unnecessary and inaccurate comment about getting knocked out in the first round notwithstanding)

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                              Also, he's kinda right that COY generally gets awarded to a coach that blows expectations out of the water. Expectations weren't out of this world for Casey's youth-dependent squad, but they weren't that low either. (unnecessary and inaccurate comment about getting knocked out in the first round notwithstanding)
                              I’m pretty sure everyone was predicting we would be a 4-8 seed fighting for 45 wins instead of a potential 1 seed reaching for 60 wins.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                                I’m pretty sure everyone was predicting we would be a 4-8 seed fighting for 45 wins instead of a potential 1 seed reaching for 60 wins.
                                Who's everyone? I thought consensus was 3rd or 4th with Washington (some had Boston in our 2-4 tier), high 40s low 50s

Comment

Working...
                                X