Everything Dwane Casey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    How could he have his pick if they didn't offer him a contract? Bud, was their first option. Bud's agent told MLSE what it would cost. So they went with the poor mans version.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    Lots of reports said Bud preferred the Bucks job because of lower expectations. They also have Giannis, who met with Bud in person during the process, so I'd say that played a big part too. For what Bud wanted the Bucks were a more attractive job.

As for the offer part, have you ever interviewed for a job? Have you gotten an offer on the spot every time? Typically you interview and the offer comes later. No point in making an official offer if Bud tells you he's going with the Bucks, which he did very early in the process.

Head coach interviews are a 2-way process, both sides are seeing if they're a good fit together. If Bud wanted low expectations and Masai in the interview was saying he wants to compete for a title next season, they could mutually agree it's not the best fit.

Comment

How could he have his pick if they didn't offer him a contract? Bud, was their first option. Bud's agent told MLSE what it would cost. So they went with the poor mans version.

So, wait, Masai is some sort of moron who has no idea what an established coach would cost before doing the interview with Bud? He was thinking Bud would be bargain basement cost and then the agent told him Bud would cost exactly what any idiot on the street would already know, and Masai did a spit-take and decided at that moment that he needed to find a cheaper option? Come on man.

Or, now here's a thought - Masai didn't want to hire Bud after their interview so he didn't offer him a contract. The whole point of interviews is that they determine whether you hire the person.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        Masai: “It’s on me. Put it on me. Forget all the other stuff that you guys are talking about. Put it on me. We’ll get better. We’ll get better here. We believe in this city, this country, this team here and move forward. I put it on myself.”

Casey: "I wasn't the problem"

I know a leader when I see one.
        And both Masai and Casey said a different version of these exact words every off-season. Masai had Casey’s back, big time.

And Christian’s theory makes no sense, when you see how Casey’s gone out of his way to embarrass Masai by not acknowledging him. If they were buddies, Casey would have known from Masai that it was all about the money from the MLSE higher ups. Not saying money wasn’t a factor, though.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
          Lots of reports said Bud preferred the Bucks job because of lower expectations. They also have Giannis, who met with Bud in person during the process, so I'd say that played a big part too. For what Bud wanted the Bucks were a more attractive job.

As for the offer part, have you ever interviewed for a job? Have you gotten an offer on the spot every time? Typically you interview and the offer comes later. No point in making an official offer if Bud tells you he's going with the Bucks, which he did very early in the process.

Head coach interviews are a 2-way process, both sides are seeing if they're a good fit together. If Bud wanted low expectations and Masai in the interview was saying he wants to compete for a title next season, they could mutually agree it's not the best fit.
          Nurse also made a comment about Masai asking him what he would do if the roster changed at the draft/in the summer. Such a question posed to Bud may have taken the shine off the Raptors job, if the roster had some uncertainty to it.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Ooh, here's a crazy conspiracy theory for you: Masai fired Casey because he deserved to be fired. Then he hired the coach he thought was the best for the job.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              Ooh, here's a crazy conspiracy theory for you: Masai fired Casey because he deserved to be fired. Then he hired the coach he thought was the best for the job.
              No way man. I'm more inclined to believe this team that always has top 10 payroll, premier practice facility, and spares no expense to help the team was looking to shave a million or 2 off one of the most Important jobs for the franchise. That must be it.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                No way man. I'm more inclined to believe this team that always has top 10 payroll, premier practice facility, and spares no expense to help the team was looking to shave a million or 2 off one of the most Important jobs for the franchise. That must be it.
                Actually they saved $3M.

If it matters at all. Which it really doesn't.

Comment

Why would they even interview if he already took the Bucks job. Sounds like a waste of time. MLSE is cheap and Masai likes continuity is the reason why Nick Nurse is coach right now.

I know this stupid line of thinking will never die because right now MLSE is on the hook for the 4th highest payroll in the league next season and it doesn't even matter. There's a segment of fans who will always criticize any transaction (or lack thereof) with "MLSE is cheap" as though the OTPP or Harold Ballard are running things instead of a billion dollar communications company that directly profits exponentially by having an extended slate of playoff games on their networks in the spring, but whatever.

If being top 5 payroll in the league doesn't do it for you, nothing will.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Ooh, here's a crazy conspiracy theory for you: Masai fired Casey because he deserved to be fired. Then he hired the coach he thought was the best for the job.
                    Dan, just stop with the wild speculation. Where's your proof? Just because those two actions sound rational and in fact have occurred multiple times every year since there have been sport franchises doesn't mean you can start making crazy assumptions.

Comment

They interviewed Bud and didn't even offer him a contract. Why do you think?

Cuz they didn't like him or what he had to offer ?
                      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                      - TGO

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                        I know this stupid line of thinking will never die because right now MLSE is on the hook for the 4th highest payroll in the league next season and it doesn't even matter. There's a segment of fans who will always criticize any transaction (or lack thereof) with "MLSE is cheap" as though the OTPP or Harold Ballard are running things instead of a billion dollar communications company that directly profits exponentially by having an extended slate of playoff games on their networks in the spring, but whatever.

If being top 5 payroll in the league doesn't do it for you, nothing will.
                        MLSE just passes on costs to SSH’s/fans. Ticket prices have already been raised for next season.

Comment

I would add: "...when his first choice chose to go to the Bucks instead."

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

I wouldn't take Grange as gospel here. He's inferring first choice based on first interview.

Never the less, if you want to go that way we should also qualify that he also couldn't get Pop because he already had a job, and same goes for Stevens and Carlisle. Doesn't really change the point.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• MLSE is not cheap at all. The problem is and always has been that they can't attract the superstar players to come to Toronto. They end up having to over pay even the Ibaka's and Carroll's of the NBA to play here and they are willing to do it.

We're not a small market team, but as far as free agency and even the trade market goes our history would suggest that we need to use the same strategy as a small market team. Rely on the draft to land those superstar players.

We've had a glorious 5 years or so of winning. I'm content that if we can't make a major move this off season to improve our chances of winning in the playoffs then they should start rebuilding. What I would be really disappointed in is if we came back with the same team + Nurse and burned a season.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

Mike Budenholzer Chose Bucks Over Raptors Due To Difference In Expectations

According to an NBA insider, Budenholzer chose the Bucks over the Raptors due to the expectations that would greet him with Toronto. The Raptors are coming off a 59-win season but still fired Dwane Casey. The Bucks, meanwhile, where the 7th seed in the Eastern Conference.
                                https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...n-expectations

Bud never wanted to be here. He was just using the Raps as leverage to get a better deal with the Bucks.
                                Last edited by golden; Fri Jun 29, 2018, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X