Everything Dwane Casey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Coaching itself could use more diversity. The league is like 85% black but somehow only what currently 4 or 5 out of 30 black coaches? White people suck at winning the games themselves, but they damn sure make good leaders of these strapping young black men right?
    The NBA has a level of awareness a step ahead of the other major leagues, but yeah. The BHM t-shirts worn by mostly black players who are employed almost entirely by white men - nice bit of marketing, not much of a gut check. White coaches, white owners, white executives, white refs, black players.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
      The NBA has a level of awareness a step ahead of the other major leagues, but yeah. The BHM t-shirts worn by mostly black players who are employed almost entirely by white men - nice bit of marketing, not much of a gut check. White coaches, white owners, white executives, white refs, black players.
      What are the demographics of NBA referees?

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
        What are the demographics of NBA referees?
        50/50.... thats why we call them zebras
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
          I don't care about those that don't care about us and our regular season record.

Matter of fact, I don't care about them and their regular season record either.

Playoff struggles?? East Finals, East semis. Last 2 years. Top 2. Top 4. Last 2 years. F#%K em.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Actually top 4, top 8. The East is only half of the league.

I mean it's fine to be happy about winning regular season games but there's no trophy for winning regular season games. The playoffs are entirely different beast and that's where reputations are made (or ruined). And it's not even external reputations that matter... playoffs are the true litmus test of team, player, and coaching strength.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
            Actually top 4, top 8. The East is only half of the league.

I mean it's fine to be happy about winning regular season games but there's no trophy for winning regular season games. The playoffs are entirely different beast and that's where reputations are made (or ruined). And it's not even external reputations that matter... playoffs are the true litmus test of team, player, and coaching strength.
            I was clearly talking about the East. We only play the west in the finals

Crazy you talking about reputations and all that but people here are ready to lose games on purpose (tank) and they get praised as some heroic fan. I'm not ashamed that we were in the East Finals and semis the last 2 years.

Hang your head in shame if that's how you feel.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
              I was clearly talking about the East. We only play the west in the finals

Crazy you talking about reputations and all that but people here are ready to lose games on purpose (tank) and they get praised as some heroic fan. I'm not ashamed that we were in the East Finals and semis the last 2 years.

Hang your head in shame if that's how you feel.

It's a Trump-level leap in logic to equate favoring a teambuilding strategy with being ashamed of winning in the playoffs.

I'm hanging my head in shame at even responding to this straw man.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                It's a Trump-level leap in logic to equate favoring a teambuilding strategy with being ashamed of winning in the playoffs.

I'm hanging my head in shame at even responding to this straw man.
                LOL at calling it a "team building" strategy. It often ends up being team destructing.

I can see trump agreeing with your "team building" strategy.

"Shut it down!"

"You're traded"

"You're fired"

"Let's tank!"

Comment

• https://twitter.com/sAbdi28/status/962787599730405376

Congrats coach!

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• RIGHT NOW, Coach Casey should be the frontrunner for Coach of the Year. The transformation of this team from last year to this year and doing it with the same players is unheard of.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Shout out quin Snyder too.

There's 2 teams in the NBA at the same time that lost Gordon Hayward and outperformed expectations. Not a good look for Gordo lol
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• - Casey is the only Raptors coach with a winning record
                        - Casey and Sam Mitchell are the only two coaches who lasted longer than 3 seasons
                        - Toronto's coaching history is depressing
                        - Watching this team evolve has been fun, Casey's a big part of that
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          RIGHT NOW, Coach Casey should be the frontrunner for Coach of the Year. The transformation of this team from last year to this year and doing it with the same players is unheard of.
                          Agreed. And Masai also has to be in the running executive of the year, but he won't because Boston and Cleveland made really bold trades this year. Unfortunately, re-signing your own FAs, organic growth and patience aren't flashy 'moves'.

In many other franchises, Casey would have been let go at some point and someone else (likely Stackhouse or Nick Nurse) would have come in and implemented the changes which, to be fair, are simply correcting Casey's past mistakes. Again kudos to Casey and I really hope he gets CoY, but also that Masai is up there for EoY.

Comment

• Gordon Hayward is overrated. I've been sayin this for years now. He's a borderline all star player. It's funny how all of a sudden ESPN, and guys like SAS talk about Hayward as a "superstar" player now that he's with the Celtics.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• DD with the game winning assist:

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                                Gordon Hayward is overrated. I've been sayin this for years now. He's a borderline all star player. It's funny how all of a sudden ESPN, and guys like SAS talk about Hayward as a "superstar" player now that he's with the Celtics.
                                yeah I fear the Celts with a healthy Hayward no more than I do now, which is not much at all. Surely, their O might improve a little with Hayward in the lineup, and maybe their D slips if Tatum goes to the bench...so overall not much of a change. IMO, Haywards presence will only slow the development of Tatum and Brown, who I think are going to be very good players.

Comment

Working...
                                X