Everything Dwane Casey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    I don't see it. Years of sold-out arenas, unprecedented run of success that most franchises would be envious of, all the while building a stock of young talent that's more desirable than what the average tanking team nets after multiple seasons of losing.
    Yep, ownership is perfectly happy with where the franchise is now. Games are sold out, ticket prices are at an all time high. Would they like to raise the prices a little more for a "championship level" team and get another 6 playoff home games? Sure! But this is better than replacing Masai with a schmuck and having to have toonie tuesdays to get the fans to show up.
    That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
      I don't see it. Years of sold-out arenas, unprecedented run of success that most franchises would be envious of, all the while building a stock of young talent that's more desirable than what the average tanking team nets after multiple seasons of losing.
      Other Scott wrote: View Post
      Yep, ownership is perfectly happy with where the franchise is now. Games are sold out, ticket prices are at an all time high. Would they like to raise the prices a little more for a "championship level" team and get another 6 playoff home games? Sure! But this is better than replacing Masai with a schmuck and having to have toonie tuesdays to get the fans to show up.
      If ownership's goals do not involve making a finals run, then I agree with both of you. They have no reason to fire Casey, or question anything Masai has established.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        If ownership's goals do not involve making a finals run, then I agree with both of you. They have no reason to fire Casey, or question anything Masai has established.
        Or they believe masai can get it done without tanking, as I do.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          I'm not even hoping for a tank. I know how unlikely it is for ANY team to openly commit to it. But I whole-heartedly believe it's the best way to obtain high end talent, Darryl Morey be damned.

As for ownership scrutiny, if MLSE is pissed about the way this season ended, then ya, they should be scrutinizing Masai's coaching decision going forward.

Comment

• Masai's a professional, he's never said much of anything at a press conference - his clarity last year was unusual for him and who knows if he doesn't regret it. It led to speculation all year that MU "forced" Casey somehow to change the system - that's exactly the kind of airing of dirty laundry (even just speculating about it) and public undermining of colleagues that a good leader doesn't want for his organization. Whatever problems they're working on solving internally, Ujiri's going to keep it internal.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• It's kind of why I'm surprised this leak of Masai considering firing Casey got out. It's very rare for the Raptors to let out real intel on stuff like that.
              That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                They need to trade for young players with potential. If you're not tanking then that's the only way you can get stars here. Other way is free agency but Toronna has never been a major free agent destination. Their best FA signing was a washed up Hakeem Olajuwon lol.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                  It's kind of why I'm surprised this leak of Masai considering firing Casey got out. It's very rare for the Raptors to let out real intel on stuff like that.
                  Unnamed "sources". Could be Alex Jones, for all we know.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                    They need to trade for young players with potential. If you're not tanking then that's the only way you can get stars here. Other way is free agency but Toronna has never been a major free agent destination. Their best FA signing was a washed up Hakeem Olajuwon lol.
                    I agree trade or home run in the draft is the only way. Free agent signings history is embarrassing
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Pre-emptive strike. lol. What a pickle Masai is in.

Comment

• Part of me wants to know how good a Casey coached team could be with a legit star on the roster. Not Paul Milsap, or some other aging All Star that has passed his prime, but someone of AT LEAST Paul George's level. We keep going into the playoffs and it doesn't matter if we're facing the 8th seed team, the opposing team always has the most talented player in the series. Always feels like we're fighting above our weight class.

So if Masai can't get a legit star this summer then I say fire Casey because this roster has reached its playoff ceiling.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                          Pre-emptive strike. lol. What a pickle Masai is in.
                          Shouldn’t make a difference. The reasons for firing isn’t solely based on this season, its based on the past 5 years, getting swept the last 2 and generally underperforming in the Playoffs.

Comment

• What I like about this award is it's his peers voting for it. To me this indicates two things:

(1) Obviously, he has the utmost respect from his peers.
                            (2) Everyone who voted for Casey looked at our roster and saw major problems; and thus were impressed that Casey coached us to 1st place in the East.
                            your pal,
                            ebrian

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
                              What I like about this award is it's his peers voting for it. To me this indicates two things:

(1) Obviously, he has the utmost respect from his peers.
                              (2) Everyone who voted for Casey looked at our roster and saw major problems; and thus were impressed that Casey coached us to 1st place in the East.
                              or his homies don't want him to lose his job.
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                                or his homies don't want him to lose his job.
                                Or they're all jealous of Brad Stevens.

C'mon man it's not even close who the best coach is.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X