No announcement yet.

Everything Dwane Casey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seems like Masai's press conference re: the Casey firing, will be streamed in 15 minutes here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvGCQN7s8vw
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      Are we beating Lebron with this move? no. so it's lateral
      Assuming it's the only move. Which it won't be

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        Look Casey helped get this franchise to a great place.. but he was a lousy playoff coach and this team needs to evolve into a better one. Not sure if the next coach can do that but that's where the new goal posts lie.

Hope we get a coach that can excel when the pressure increases and x's and o's really matter. Every minute detail matters.. especially when you don't have a super star that can bail you out.
        Exactly. Nobody who actually has watched the Raptors in the last 5 postseasons can say there isn't room for improvement in the coaching area. And improving in the postseason is the step the team needs to take.

Also not sure why there are so many assumptions this was a scape goat move - I'm pretty sure we'll see some roster changes.

If the theory is true that slight improvements in games 1 and 3 could have won those for the Raptors and changed the course of the whole series, then small improvements could have a significant impact.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
          What if I told you that DeMar wasn't the best player on the team that won 59 games?
          It's all subjective. I think it's DeRozan. You think it's Lowry, that's fine.

You never answered my question though, what if i told you DeRozan would be this good 5 years ago, what would you say?
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I like the idea of getting a high usage vacuum to put next to OG. Gives him someone to defer to, but he will still get his shots and usage because Wiggins can’t take every shot. As Dan said, it’s doable, and as Demo said, that’s a crazy good defensive group if they all reach their potential. You could even go with Kyle, Wiggins, OG, and JV/Yak. Switch everything except the 5.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post

You never answered my question though, what if i told you DeRozan would be this good 5 years ago, what would you say?
              It’s not really subjective. Kyle drives our success. He is actually an impact superstar and without him we would be no where. There’s more to the game then just putting the ball in the basket.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post

I don't think it's subjective at all. I think that Kyle has been clearly better than DeMar every year the Raptors has made the playoffs, and every single metric backs me up except "points per game".
                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• I think we need to find somewhere else for the Wiggins debate.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I don't think it's subjective at all. I think that Kyle has been clearly better than DeMar every year the Raptors has made the playoffs, and every single metric backs me up except "points per game".
                    I also think DeMar is the problem. As much as I respect the guy, he's an expensive mans Rudy Gay.

Comment

Just answer the question man.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                        It’s not really subjective. Kyle drives our success. He is actually an impact superstar and without him we would be no where. There’s more to the game then just putting the ball in the basket.
                        I look at it as Lowry is the more valuable player, but Derozan is the best player. Same as how KD is the Warrior’s best player, but I’d say Curry is the mvp of the team.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                          I look at it as Lowry is the more valuable player, but Derozan is the best player. Same as how KD is the Warrior’s best player, but I’d say Curry is the mvp of the team.
                          Yah that’s where subjectivity comes in. Because I would say that curry is the better player because he shockingly drives wins better than KD, but I respect your opinion; at least you have a reasonable explanation.

Comment

• Here's my last comment on Wiggins, until or unless a trade actually happens:

If he wasn't born in Canada, does anyone really think that they'd be saying the Raptors should trade for him? And should that be the qualifying factor that determines if a team should trade for a player, his place of birth?
                            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Here's my last comment on Wiggins, until or unless a trade actually happens:

If he wasn't born in Canada, does anyone really think that they'd be saying the Raptors should trade for him? And should that be the qualifying factor that determines if a team should trade for a player, his place of birth?
                              People love a movie like story

Comment

Here's my last comment on Wiggins, until or unless a trade actually happens:

I was hoping he’d be a Raptor at some point when he was drafted because he is Canadian, but its been a few years, and don’t really care anymore. I’ll look at his play and skill to determine if I want him on the team. They are similar players now, but Wiggins still has the higher ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X