Everything Dwane Casey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.I wrote: View Post
    Can't have everyone. I'm not really surprised. Those 3 deserve it. Snyder coached a Jazz team to the Playoffs with a rookie leading the way and a terrible start to the season. Raptors of course played really well throughout the season and got the first seed. Celtics battled through injuries and still stayed competitive.
    Idk, I feel like he deserves it over Casey

Obviously he has more talent but he also finished with the first seed, had more wins than toronto, beat out GSW for that first seed (although injuries played a part) and had to factor in integrating a major player.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Comment

• I gaurantee you Brad Stevens (and deservedly) gets more votes than the 0 that his peers gave him
          He should win this thing imo which would be awesome and make the other poll pretty funny

Comment

• TMac is bang on.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SE_l50YRkcI
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• tremendous success

4-0 swept vs washington
              4-0 vs cavs
              4-0 cavs
              Losing ECF by 100+ points

tremendous success.

Y'all remember Casey's tremendous success when he designed an amazing play on the wrong side of the floor? Tremendous success.

Casey was amazing. Great guy and great coach, but it was time to make a bold decision.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                tremendous success

4-0 swept vs washington
                4-0 vs cavs
                4-0 cavs
                Losing ECF by 100+ points

tremendous success.

Y'all remember Casey's tremendous success when he designed an amazing play on the wrong side of the floor? Tremendous success.

Casey was amazing. Great guy and great coach, but it was time to make a bold decision.
                the point was don't hire his assistants.
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                  Yeah, I agree with that.

I want Stack or Becky/Udoka.

Comment

This. Not sure what rocwell is even talking about lmao.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

I don't buy it. Are we to assume that the assistants would make the same calls as Casey? Heck, Nurse has been trying to get this season's offensive system in place since he was hired, and has been ignored until now.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        I don't buy it. Are we to assume that the assistants would make the same calls as Casey? Heck, Nurse has been trying to get this season's offensive system in place since he was hired, and has been ignored until now.
                        It's safe to assume that whatever game plan the team came up with against the Cavs was the work of a combination of Casey and his assistants. That game plan was a failure and got Casey fired. Whether there was a gameplan that would have worked with the Raptors limited defensive personnel is a fair question, but my feeling is that either you keep Casey or you bring a new voice in with new ideas on either how to prepare the players mentally for Lebron or a way they can actually defend Kevin Love and Kyle Korver.

Firing Casey and hiring someone on his staff makes this feel even more like scapegoating.
                        That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                          It's safe to assume that whatever game plan the team came up with against the Cavs was the work of a combination of Casey and his assistants. That game plan was a failure and got Casey fired. Whether there was a gameplan that would have worked with the Raptors limited defensive personnel is a fair question, but my feeling is that either you keep Casey or you bring a new voice in with new ideas on either how to prepare the players mentally for Lebron or a way they can actually defend Kevin Love and Kyle Korver.

Firing Casey and hiring someone on his staff makes this feel even more like scapegoating.
                          We have a solid example of that not being the case with the offensive system for the past few years. Why would we assume that every choice was via consensus in the room?
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post

I'm sure you've worked on a committee before, it can be a pain in the ass. Also the coaching relationships are a hierarchy, there's no reason to assume 100% consensus on anything.

As DanH pointed out Nurse had ideas about the offensive system that weren't adopted until Masai got involved. We have no idea how many other ways the assistants (or Stack) would do things differently than Casey did.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              We have a solid example of that not being the case with the offensive system for the past few years. Why would we assume that every choice was via consensus in the room?
                              Because that's how pretty much any well run organization works. You take input from everyone and make decisions based on a consensus. I don't think any good leader just goes rogue and overrides their assistants constantly - or Casey would have gotten fired a long time before this.

In terms of the offensive system, yes that is the style Nick Nurse wanted to play. But it also didn't fit their star personnel for years, at least until Demar improved his playmaking, and this was a team that was a top 5 offense year in and year out. It made sense that changing risked making things worse for a team that felt they hadn't hit their ceiling. Maybe some day we'll get a real story but we don't actually have evidence of Nurse begging Casey to play more ball movement and Casey constantly shutting him down. If anything it's Lowry and Demar who didn't want the ball out of their hands - that was the trickiest thing was getting player buy-in with the "culture change".

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                                I'm sure you've worked on a committee before, it can be a pain in the ass. Also the coaching relationships are a hierarchy, there's no reason to assume 100% consensus on anything.

As DanH pointed out Nurse had ideas about the offensive system that weren't adopted until Masai got involved. We have no idea how many other ways the assistants (or Stack) would do things differently than Casey did.
                                There's never 100% consensus. But there's also never 100% dissent with the decision the head coach makes or that's a bad situation.

Also Toronto tried about 5 different ideas in that Cleveland series, I would be surprised if every assistant didn't get their shot at how to play the defense in that series.

Comment

Working...
                                X