Everything Dwane Casey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    Because he knows that Casey is not the real issue.
    Read the grange article. Those were some backbreaking decisions that had major implications for the series. If he didn’t make those decisions, who knows, we might not be talking about a core that can’t get it done. Instead, we’d be getting ready for a game 7 at home, ready to all but guarantee our first finals berth.

Instead, we got swept and our players suck and everything is falling apart.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      I don't know man.. so many dumb decisions against the Cavs. Miles on Love? Bebe for 2 minutes? Didn't double team Lebron in that final play in Game 3. Lots of these were deadly and cost us games.
      I get all that. But their two "all stars" did not show up in that series.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The thing about the "double teaming" Lebron is that Cleveland actually ended up with a really, really bad shot there, which is why I can't understand the immense criticism of it. If you double Lebron - someone is open and someone is probably going to get an open 3 or shot. The shot Lebron actually made was ridiculous because of its degree of difficulty. That's the shots you're supposed to force in that kind of situation as a defense.

I understand the argument that you don't want Lebron taking a shot at all, but percentage wise I still feel like I'd rather have Lebron take that shot than an open 3 from Korver/Love/Smith.
        That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• wooow im shocked, gonna miss him but it was the best thing to do.

Easey The best coach in Raptors history
          Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Kyle showed up man.

Comment

That's a problem too.. but it's easier to replace a coach. And if Casey made the right decisions we'd probably still be playing games.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                The thing about the "double teaming" Lebron is that Cleveland actually ended up with a really, really bad shot there, which is why I can't understand the immense criticism of it. If you double Lebron - someone is open and someone is probably going to get an open 3 or shot. The shot Lebron actually made was ridiculous because of its degree of difficulty. That's the shots you're supposed to force in that kind of situation as a defense.

I understand the argument that you don't want Lebron taking a shot at all, but percentage wise I still feel like I'd rather have Lebron take that shot than an open 3 from Korver/Love/Smith.
                You double team early.. knock some time off the clock so instead of having a good look he'd have to hurry his shot up. Yeah he could have passed to an open teammate.. but I'd rather have a role player taking that last shot than the best player in the NBA.

Comment

• Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                    The thing about the "double teaming" Lebron is that Cleveland actually ended up with a really, really bad shot there, which is why I can't understand the immense criticism of it. If you double Lebron - someone is open and someone is probably going to get an open 3 or shot. The shot Lebron actually made was ridiculous because of its degree of difficulty. That's the shots you're supposed to force in that kind of situation as a defense.

There are more options than just doubling or not doubling. Thorpe pointed this out but you have to put at least some doubt in LeBron's mind. Our guys were stuck to their men like glue so he knew he had OG one on one. That makes his decision making process easier. If you show the double or at least pretend to do something else before staying home, he at least has to decide between shooting or looking for a teammate.

OG is a great defender but leaving him on an island to defend LBJ one on one, when LBJ knows for a fact no help is coming is a death sentence.

Comment

• Jeff Van Gundy? Has he been out
                      Of the league too long to be relevant. Offences have changed so much.

Comment

• "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post

Crazy that Masai confronted Casey after the Game 3 loss. How are we only hearing about this now? Is Grange the Canadian Woj, or is he making shit up?

Comment

• Wake me up when Lowry and DeRozan gets traded.

it wouldn't matter if they hire Pop, this team ain't winnin anythin with Lowry and DeRozan as their best players.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              Crazy that Masai confronted Casey after the Game 3 loss. How are we only hearing about this now? Is Grange the Canadian Woj, or is he making shit up?
                              I keep telling you guys that Grange is dialed-in at MLSE and you keep laughing at me....

We're only hearing about it now cause Casey got fired. I suspect that there are all sorts of confrontations and arguments we never hear about between players, coaches, etc.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                                I keep telling you guys that Grange is dialed-in at MLSE and you keep laughing at me.....
                                Lol, I still don't know if you're being sarcastic....

Comment

Working...
                                X