No announcement yet.

Raptors throwback jersey showcased by Adidas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's Derrick Rose's Chicago Bulls jersey for the 2014-2015 season. You'll notice a gold tab along the collar. Apparently, these will be assigned to teams that have won an NBA Championship. Multiple winners will be indicated by tonal notation.
    It'll be tonal.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ball4life wrote: View Post
      Its not pissing on Lebron man! my comments were meant to say that the guy thats responsible for the last 2 out of 3 championships doesnt get the honor of wearing a gold tab on his jersey.

its sucha stupid idea for a league. i can understand why FIFA does it cuz players dont switch team in international plays.

But i guess i shoulda chose my words properly instead of lazy comments.

but yea.. i aint pissin on lebron
      I agree, kinda stupid. LBJ doesn't get it but the Philly youngsters will, a season after tying the worst losing streak of all time.

ceez wrote: View Post
      no worries man, take it easy

i find the yellow tab thing kinda cool tbh. kind of like the stars on world cup jerseys. it's something to be proud of.
      I'm not sure how proud the current sixers players could be about a championship the franchise won over 3 decades ago. I get the idea but I think it makes more sense in international play, where most players I assume are proud to represent their country, and even moreso if that country has a legacy or has experienced the highest level of success. Players in domestic leagues may not necessarily be proud to play for a certain team or any team for that matter, but just proud to be in the league at all.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
        I'm not sure how proud the current sixers players could be about a championship the franchise won over 3 decades ago. I get the idea but I think it makes more sense in international play, where most players I assume are proud to represent their country, and even moreso if that country has a legacy or has experienced the highest level of success. Players in domestic leagues may not necessarily be proud to play for a certain team or any team for that matter, but just proud to be in the league at all.
        I agree it doesn't carry the same weight as stars on international jerseys but it has no actual downside, it reminds fans and players that at one time their team was the champion.

Also you have to understand these things are voted on by the owners and the NBA, they get to show off that the team they own were champions and also sell more jerseys everytime a new team wins the title.

Comment

It'd be cool if it was given on a player to player basis. Like if a player has won a title give him a tab. Then Lebron gets the tab he deserves and the Philly guys don't since they don't deserve it.

Comment

Working...
          X