Give me your column ideas/summer mail-bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give me your column ideas/summer mail-bag

Hey guys, I'm William Lou (not Lou Williams, weird right?) from the main page. I'm looking to fill a column for next week, but I'm running low on ideas.

My goal is to spin it into a mailbag of sorts. If you leave your ideas here, there's a good chance it will be touched upon in the post.

Thanks guys. Looking forward to your thoughts.

In Depth Analysis of the Raptors offenses and defenses used last season and how the new players fit or don't fit

East West conference review - preview

Best Looks For Summer-Fall 2014

Comment

What is the team support staff doing, or can they do to make the team better.

For example, they brought in McKechnie. They got a supper koolatron for therapy. What else? Oxygenated Gatorade?

How about a look at the assistant coaches. Who actually does what?

What about the schedule or training regimen for several of or each of the Raptor team members over the summer? What are they doing? What does the team want them to do?

How are they using the advanced analytics? What about the super duper video cameras and play recordings?

How about a real forecast of the trade deadline trades that Masai may be looking at/hoping for when the usual team implosions happen with the usual suspects. Like what could he get from the Knicks when it looks like they are going to miss the playoffs?

Comment

A couple of items come to mind:

1) Apart from the starting five, who appeared in 56 games together, it seems that Coach Casey hardly has a set lineup. I remember some strange ones during the season. There were two lineups--starters plus Salmon, starters plus Patterson--that appeared in 26 games, but it's all downhill from there. The number of minutes per game for any of the lineups is astoundingly low. Also, none of the top five-man lineups seems to have been particularly effective in terms of + - results. What gives?

http://stats.nba.com/teamLineups.htm...&sortOrder=DES

2) Last pre-season, the coaches spent almost all the time on defence, so that when the season began, we were left with isolation plays galore. What do the coaches have in mind for the offence this coming season?
        Last edited by caccia; Fri Jul 25, 2014, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Stories on US media coverage of Raptors.

Also stories of Toronto basketball fans .

Comment

The possibility of Canadian NBA players "coming home" to Toronto and playing for the Raptors down the line.

How the Kevin Love saga affects the Raptors.
            Give me liberty or give me a bran muffin! - Colin Mochrie

Comment

How different do we play with 2Pat at the 4 instead of Amir?
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Who are some of the realistic attainable free agents the Raps can sign in '15 or '16?

Comment

A story on the upcoming RR Dynasty Fantasy Draft with behind the scenes interviews and in depth analysis of the selection process!

Remember August 1st is deadline for picks private messaged to mcHAPPY.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                    A story on the upcoming RR Dynasty Fantasy Draft with behind the scenes interviews and in depth analysis of the selection process!

Haha I'd read that for sure. NFL Dynasty too!
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

The re-integration of James Johnson and how his personal growth has allowed for his return.

A history of contract year performers and how they performed on their pay day deals; demonstrating what fans should expect from Lowry this season and beyond.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I would be curious on your thoughts regarding,

Let's assume a theoretical total team salary of $70 m, what percentage of salaries should be spent on your 5 starters, 5 backups, 5 end of benchers. Where do you get the most "bang of your buck" within the starters on a max deal, e.g is Bosh worth the money for that position or are you better served to spend the money of a wing? Where do the Raptors stand in this idealized distribution of talent vs $. Which team has it right?

Comment

Another topic - My Media Pet Peeves

One of the comments always bandied about is that the Rap play in the Atlantic, which was the reason their record was so good. But, the their schedule while asymmetrical within the Conf is hardly skewed enough to justify the comment. From Wikipedia:

During the regular season, each team plays 82 games, 41 each home and away. A team faces opponents in its own division four times a year (16 games). Each team plays six of the teams from the other two divisions in its conference four times (24 games), and the remaining four teams three times (12 games). Finally, each team plays all the teams in the other conference twice apiece (30 games).
                          Four games is hardly enough to justify such a stupid comment.

Comment

Katman wrote: View Post
                            Another topic - My Media Pet Peeves

One of the comments always bandied about is that the Rap play in the Atlantic, which was the reason their record was so good. But, the their schedule while asymmetrical within the Conf is hardly skewed enough to justify the comment. From Wikipedia:

Four games is hardly enough to justify such a stupid comment.
                            I think you're conflating two separate arguments that were common refrains. The first was that our record was so good because we play in the East. The second was that it was no big deal to win the Atlantic because everyone else sucked so bad. I think both were probably true.

That said, there was a slight benefit to playing in the Atlantic.

Our record vs the Atlantic: .688
                            Our record vs the rest of the East: .583
                            Our record vs the West: .533

That's enough skew to get us to the third seed.

I think we've improved enough that despite the improvement of our competition, we'll hang in there for a top seed in the East. Just gotta hope we avoid the injury bug.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

Awww Hell Yea!

Comment

Working...
                              X