Give me your column ideas/summer mail-bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scraptor wrote: View Post
    I think you're conflating two separate arguments that were common refrains. The first was that our record was so good because we play in the East. The second was that it was no big deal to win the Atlantic because everyone else sucked so bad. I think both were probably true.

That said, there was a slight benefit to playing in the Atlantic.

Our record vs the Atlantic: .688
    Our record vs the rest of the East: .583
    Our record vs the West: .533

That's enough skew to get us to the third seed.

I think we've improved enough that despite the improvement of our competition, we'll hang in there for a top seed in the East. Just gotta hope we avoid the injury bug.
    Post Gay trade, didn't Raps have best record of eastern team versus west?

I can't remember but it rings a bell/sounds familiar.

Comment

Thanks for contributing, guys. The post is up on the main page.

Some of your ideas (ie: James Johnson) have been pocketed for later. Thanks again.

Comment

Too late, I know. Here's a future column idea: (a) How to measure the performance of NBA coaches and/or (b) where does Casey 'rank'?

Comment

*Yawn*

What we need is a All-time Hotness Bracket for the Dance Pak Girls. Please allow a reader voting format, accompanied by in-depth analysis provided by RR writers. We want to be informed voters.

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Find out why Landry Fields doesn't workout or play Pro-Am in the summer. Find out if Marcus Camby regrets not suiting up for the Atlantic Division champions. Find out why the Raptors have to share the Fort Wayne Fire Ants with 12 other teams.

Please & thank you.

Last edited by godkingleonidas; Wed Jul 30, 2014, 02:12 PM.

Comment

I'll look into those questions. I don't have any special media access with the Raptors but I'll try. Thanks.

Comment

ddaylewis wrote: View Post
                I'll look into those questions. I don't have any special media access with the Raptors but I'll try. Thanks.
                Isn't raptor's republic associated with ESPN? If so, couldn't you or ESPN (on your behalf) contact the NBA to provide you with a press pass?

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...9102524AA7okhM

Comment

I like the idea of seeing the schedule of some players over the summer (or the summer to date).

I'm especially curious about Valanciunas, who has clearly been working out (where and with who?), who was playing in the Drew League in LA, and who is presumably playing on the Lithuanian national team in Europe over the summer.

Comment

Yes, raptors were 15-7 against the west after gay trade
                    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                    Because its 2015

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                      A story on the upcoming RR Dynasty Fantasy Draft with behind the scenes interviews and in depth analysis of the selection process!

Remember August 1st is deadline for picks private messaged to mcHAPPY.
                      This question seems to have been neglected! We will expect full report by Tuesday.

Comment

Working...
                      X