top 500 is back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Well I'm going to respond to you one last time, but since you can't engage in discussion without being a dick, you're going on my ignore list.

First, Josh Smith was played out of position last year.
    http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2014/0...a-great-thing/

This year, he will be played exclusively at his natural position, the power forward. He's an elite help defender. And he is five years younger than Kyle Korver. He was a borderline all-star with Atlanta, and under SVG I expect him to return to form.

Kyle Korver is a solid player, but he won't be a more meaningful contributor than Josh Smith this year.
    Im sorry man, didn't meant to hurt your feelings. But you are in for a rude awakening with former all star josh smith.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Im sorry man, didn't meant to hurt your feelings. But you are in for a rude awakening with former all star josh smith.
      Josh Smith an All Star? I'm pretty sure he's been snubbed a couple years, but I think he's never been selected. Was that sarcasm that I missed?

Comment

• Still no us

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11...rankings-46-50

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
          Josh Smith an All Star? I'm pretty sure he's been snubbed a couple years, but I think he's never been selected. Was that sarcasm that I missed?
          It may have been. I think its funny that this guy was using the "player a is 5 years younger than player b". What difference does age make when the older player has been improving incrementally each season and the younger players has regressed huge. Josh smith refused to use the skills he had at his disposal (size, mobility) and basically play selfish, jacking up 16 footers at 35% clip. Basically the opposite of kyle korver. Who uses what he's best at to squeeze the most he can into helping the team win games. But hey what do i know.

Comment

It may have been. I think its funny that this guy was using the "player a is 5 years younger than player b". What difference does age make when the older player has been improving incrementally each season and the younger players has regressed huge. Josh smith refused to use the skills he had at his disposal (size, mobility) and basically play selfish, jacking up 16 footers at 35% clip. Basically the opposite of kyle korver. Who uses what he's best at to squeeze the most he can into helping the team win games. But hey what do i know.
            Got it.

Comment

• That's Good! Hope Lowry and Derozan are shown as the best backcourt in the East.

Lance and Beal have already been shown, and I think Waiters too.
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• still big on lopez, eh espn. that is pretty crazy.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                  still big on lopez, eh espn. that is pretty crazy.
                  Ya, how a center that averages 6.0 rebounds per game gets anything but "Bargnani-ed", I have no idea.

Speaking of which, where was our old friend on the list?

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                    still big on lopez, eh espn. that is pretty crazy.
                    It is called the Brooklyn/New York centre of universe effect.

Comment

Well at least you bothered to offer an explanation this time. I'm not a Josh Smith fan by any means but I think he was in a bad situation last year.

I'll sig-bet you that Smith outperforms Korver in PER this regular season, by 1.0 or greater according to basketball-reference.com. Winner gets to pick loser's signature for the playoffs and offseason until the first Raps preseason game of 2015-16.

Comment

• 45 Lawson
                        44 Pau
                        43 Parsons
                        42 Faried
                        41 Bledsoe

Man great to see Demar and Kyle get some real recognition around the league. Recognition is a good start for our improving our long-term free agent recruiting.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                          45 Lawson
                          44 Pau
                          43 Parsons
                          42 Faried
                          41 Bledsoe

Man great to see Demar and Kyle get some real recognition around the league. Recognition is a good start for our improving our long-term free agent recruiting.
                          i've been a raptor fan under the shadow of ESPN for too long now. This seems fishy. Are you sure we didn't miss DeMar and Kyle somewhere in the 300's when we weren't paying that close attention?

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                            i've been a raptor fan under the shadow of ESPN for too long now. This seems fishy. Are you sure we didn't miss DeMar and Kyle somewhere in the 300's when we weren't paying that close attention?
                            ESPN is all about hype and DeMar and Kyle are known to many around the league now so ESPN is gonna rank them high
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Actually, what Epsn does is get hundreds of the brightest basketball minds in the country, from bloggers to former players, to give each player in the league a rating from 1 to 10 on how they think they'll preform this season. These hundreds of ratings are averaged out to give a number and the players at ranked from 1-500, unlike si's small committee that had demar in the 60s.

Its the most fair and precise way to make a ranking, so you all sound quite silly yammering on about this "hype machine"

Comment

• Has Mike Conley been listed yet? Or is he top 40?
                                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                                X