Derrick Rose: We'll Be in the Playoffs Playing LeBron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derrick Rose: We'll Be in the Playoffs Playing LeBron

Hmmmm .... I love the confidence, but not at the Raptors expense.

Chicago Bulls guard Derrick Rose said Tuesday that his team is going to make the playoffs.

He has seen the standings. He knows his team comes into Tuesday night's game against the Phoenix Suns a game behind the Toronto Raptors for the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference, but he doesn't care. He has confidence that his team will prevail over the final nine games of the season. He says he hasn't even considered the possibility of coming up short.

"We're still going to make it," he told ESPNChicago.com after Tuesday morning's shootaround. "You can't think about stuff like [not making the playoffs].

"In my mind, we'll be making the eighth spot. We'll be playing LeBron [James] -- playing Cleveland. The closer we get, the [more] I'm going to think that. We can't walk around acting like we're not going to make it, because that's when things turn on you. Our biggest goal is to make the playoffs, and we're going to make it."
    Source - Click here

I hope he is right. A healthy Bulls can't beat Bron, but it could be very entertaining series.

Comment

If the Raptors had any pride I would call this a mistake by Rose but they don't have pride so this is a non-factor. I think Rose is correct by the way. Miami is going to have to wait a bit on that draft pick it seems.

Comment

I hope Rose is wrong, but I appreciate his initiative. He will do his best to will his team into the playoffs, leader-style.

Comment

You don't really expect Rose to say they won't make the playoffs? He has to repeat for himself to keep his focus on winning ... all players from teams with chances to make the playoffs will say the same things up to the point they are mathematically disqualified. Raptors still have a better change than Bulls, but they have to really hit the gas pedal to the floor for the rest of the games.

Comment

If Rose is wrong, it'll look almost as bad as Devin Harris when he proclaimed last year I think it was, saying "I knew we were going to be a playoff team". Only of course, they weren't. Far from it.
            http://facebook.com/DiseaseMusic

Comment

Comment

Comment

no one on the raps would have the balls to say this...

Comment

Steve Nash is my hero.

Comment

Lawl @ pics.

Comment

Working...
                      X