Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Superjudge wrote: View Post
    You guys can type all day.

I'm not wrong. Theres a strong bias, it sucks, its a hindrance, it exists in other cities too but I dont give a fuck about those cities so I don't see the point in including them in rants, AND it affects more than you guys like to admit.

I'm happy Toronto was ranked high in the power rankings his week, thats great, but lets be clear, they are #1 overall right now, they kinda HAVE to rank um high.

They still see ZERO actual game coverage so far, no real attention yadda yadda. It may well start soon as they have no choice, however Toronto won't go 81-1, so you can be damn sure if they lose a couple they will be back of the bus material again.

Say what ya want, but Lebron's hairline is a story because those guys make it a story, and tell the public its a story. Media agencies wield tremendous power, and when people like me complain about how our team isn't getting the benefit of that power and other fans in the same fan base turn on us, call us names or say ridiculous shit like that we have an "inferiority complex" it just keeps the cycle moving. You are all part of a fairly massive yet extremely PASSIVE Canadian fan base.... its a massive media market, you could actually change shit yourselves just by keeping these guys on their toes. I will say this though, if you believe Lebron is as GOOD as they say, you're mislead, the media machine is attached to the NBA at the hip, the media darlings, the players they CREATE as such, get the whistle, they get the clout, and over 82 games, they get more success. all real things guys, not made up fantasies, and really its kinda sad that more guys here dont understand how it all really works.

You gotta make noise. Its how you make change. Last year TL and MU made noise, finally, and it drew attention to Toronto, and those very same agencies started covering the team more positively. Now you can say it was "the team winning" that did it, but thats just stupid, the team was a mediocre at best one and done first round cannon fodder squad so it wasn't like the NBA was all of a sudden taken by storm. what DID happen, was that our management spoke up, a lot. They bitched in the media about coverage, they bitched about poor officiating, they cried and complained and squeaked until they got greased. Because YOU HAVE TOO. you think MU said FUCK BROOKLYN by mistake?

When fans complain, when a LOT of fans complain, things change. I find it extremely insulting when guys on this forum reduce my own, or other peoples complaints to silly names or they dismiss our comments as "whining", or "dysfunction". some of us might be a little more intelligent than you think, we might also care less than you think and are only commenting on obvious annoyances. In the end, guys like most of us don't need coverage, we get it on our own.... but the real power of a fanbase is the sheep, and the sheep can be powerful in numbers.... you want those agencies telling the sheep good things about your team, you really do. Free agency is important in pro sports, and athletes traditionally have massive ego's. Yes. You want coverage, lots of it, and lots of positive coverage. If you arent getting it, you wanna scream about it until you are. Then you become relevant, then you get the perks. Anyhow, I'm not gonna say another word as clearly it annnoys people, but having worked in that industry, having close friends that still do, I hear and have seen a lot of really crappy stuff. It isn't all conspiracy theory, and when a guy like Zach lowe says it is, you should maybe be a little less easy to sway guys. Lowe is fantastic, he does Toronto a real nice job, but he is maybe a bit biased in opinion BECAUSE he does. Toronto is the third largest media market on this side of the Atlantic, thats HUGE. they DESERVE to be treated like giants, and until they demand it, until the fans and the franchise demand it, they WONT get it because American media outlets could give a shit about Canadian cities. Period. If it were just about fan base ego, I wouldn't give this topic the time of day, but when you factor in marketing, advertising and free agency...it becomes a tangible issue, and likely the ONLY think in pro sports fans can actually change for the good, or bad of the franchise the choose to cheer for.
    1. Tl;dr

2. What difference does it make whether they're talking about the city/team or not? It has no effect on our record. And all you're displaying is what others have said: inferiority complex and seeking validation.

It's prevalent in Toronto as a city so you'll naturally look for any point that reinforces that belief. But, just like in real life, the people who don't give a shit about what others think are generally the most confident and mentally stable. Do you other legit cities are constantly thinking about what others think about them?

If you wana complain about something: how about the coverage the Raptors get in Canada?
    Last edited by nubreed000; Wed Nov 12, 2014, 01:44 PM.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      I'd say no. I don't want Horford to play C. I want him to be next to Jonas at PF. This deal may improve us in the short term, but especially with Amir's ankle woes, not sure how good it is overall. And we'd get even smaller up front, which could be a problem in certain matchups come playoff time.
      A Horford/Patterson front court certainly has intrigue.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        A Horford/Patterson front court certainly has intrigue.
        Does it?

Any lineup with Horford at C automatically has some size issues. And Horford/Pat won't be better than Horford/Millsap, and I'm not sure it's better than Jonas/Amir. A Horford/Amir frontcourt would be very good defensively except it could be compromised by any big C with scoring ability.

Jonas/Horford is my ideal at the moment...(because Davis or Ibaka are a whole different level of pipe dream). Good size at both spots. Lots of length. Horford can play C. Patterson compliments them both. And even looking in ideal scenarios, if Bebe turns into our backup C, he could also fit with either Horford or Pat on the floor.

I'm not going to be a big fan of any deal that makes us smaller at C.

Comment

I'd say no. I don't want Horford to play C. I want him to be next to Jonas at PF. This deal may improve us in the short term, but especially with Amir's ankle woes, not sure how good it is overall. And we'd get even smaller up front, which could be a problem in certain matchups come playoff time.
          Amir & 2 1st round picks (including 1 of their 2 2016 1st round picks)?

I'd love to somehow get Horford to replace Amir long-term. If this team can be as good as expected over the next few seasons, multiple late 1st round picks don't even seem like too much to surrender for a young, borderline all-star player.

Comment

Does it?

Any lineup with Horford at C automatically has some size issues. And Horford/Pat won't be better than Horford/Millsap, and I'm not sure it's better than Jonas/Amir. A Horford/Amir frontcourt would be very good defensively except it could be compromised by any big C with scoring ability.

Jonas/Horford is my ideal at the moment...(because Davis or Ibaka are a whole different level of pipe dream). Good size at both spots. Lots of length. Horford can play C. Patterson compliments them both. And even looking in ideal scenarios, if Bebe turns into our backup C, he could also fit with either Horford or Pat on the floor.

I'm not going to be a big fan of any deal that makes us smaller at C.
            CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
            Amir & 2 1st round picks (including 1 of their 2 2016 1st round picks)?

I'd love to somehow get Horford to replace Amir long-term. If this team can be as good as expected over the next few seasons, multiple late 1st round picks don't even seem like too much to surrender for a young, borderline all-star player.
            I think my ideal scenario is to keep Jonas too. He still has a ways to go. I just threw him in the trade scenario because 1) the memory of him shitting himself last night is fresh in my mind, and 2) you can guarantee that Atlanta would be interested.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              I think my ideal scenario is to keep Jonas too. He still has a ways to go. I just threw him in the trade scenario because 1) the memory of him shitting himself last night is fresh in my mind, and 2) you can guarantee that Atlanta would be interested.
              Understandable.

And I mean, of course Atlanta would be interested...they'd have a true C and could build around him and Millsap...something tons of RR members want to be the Raps strategy this coming offseason.

Comment

Working...
              X