Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When can the suffering GV causes end? (trade ideas)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When can the suffering GV causes end? (trade ideas)

Vasquez has shown very little to make his big new contract worth it, tonight's game against Chicago has yet again displayed his inefficiency. I do really hope I am not alone on this topic but I'm curious what some others think he could bring in a trade, alone or packaged with others.

With him gone we would obviously need another guard however I would think only a third string guy (Lou can handle second string point) .... My thinking here is that Ross should move to the bench (I really feel facing bench players would help his confidence) when DD returns. Ross has shown very clearly that he is better at the SG position, and JJ has proved to be starter material.

Lines could potentially be...
    Lowry / Lou / backup
    DeRozan / Ross
    JJ / Fields / Bruno
    Amir / 2Pat
    JV / Hans

And other front court backups Chuck and Bebe

Obviously if we are looking at a trade for GV, it wouldn't be a bad idea to address our rim protection / rebounding issues. This could mean including the likes of chuck or hans (fields has shown worth with his defence and court cuts) in the trade talks as well... With amir aging maybe it's time to move him to the bench as a backup c (until Bebe comes into his own) and grab a solid PF. Although Josh Smith did just hit the free market im not sure he fits the bill.

So have at it, what do you guys think?

breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
    Vasquez has shown very little to make his big new contract worth it, tonight's game against Chicago has yet again displayed his inefficiency. I do really hope I am not alone on this topic but I'm curious what some others think he could bring in a trade, alone or packaged with others.

With him gone we would obviously need another guard however I would think only a third string guy (Lou can handle second string point) .... My thinking here is that Ross should move to the bench (I really feel facing bench players would help his confidence) when DD returns. Ross has shown very clearly that he is better at the SG position, and JJ has proved to be starter material.

Lines could potentially be...
    Lowry / Lou / backup
    DeRozan / Ross
    JJ / Fields / Bruno
    Amir / 2Pat
    JV / Hans

And other front court backups Chuck and Bebe

Obviously if we are looking at a trade for GV, it wouldn't be a bad idea to address our rim protection / rebounding issues. This could mean including the likes of chuck or hans (fields has shown worth with his defence and court cuts) in the trade talks as well... With amir aging maybe it's time to move him to the bench as a backup c (until Bebe comes into his own) and grab a solid PF. Although Josh Smith did just hit the free market im not sure he fits the bill.

So have at it, what do you guys think?
    Would trade Lou and GV and try to pick up Lin and another SF.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
      Would trade Lou and GV and try to pick up Lin and another SF.
      That's a joke right?

Comment

That's a joke right?
        No, Lin is used to guard very quick guards in the West and GV for Lin would be a great swap. Lou could get a pretty good SF from a team looking for scoring off the bench.

Comment

The trade does to address our inside issues.. And Lou is a solid player for us, he just needs better play design, the whole take it and shoot is too predicable. He shows he can create his own but it would be nice to have sets for him. Lin isn't that great.
          Lowry / Lou & Demar / Ross seem like good back courts.

Comment

What's Calderon's contract like? maybe we can trade GV to the Knicks for Jose straight up.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

The trade does to address our inside issues.. And Lou is a solid player for us, he just needs better play design, the whole take it and shoot is too predicable. He shows he can create his own but it would be nice to have sets for him. Lin isn't that great.
              Does not address *

Comment

Our interior issues come from the perimeter. Also if GV is on the perimeter why is Hayes playing behind him? Love Hayes but he ain't a rim protector.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                  What's Calderon's contract like? maybe we can trade GV to the Knicks for Jose straight up.
                  Is Patrick Beverly too much to ask as a back for us?

perfect guard beside Lou if we are long term with Lou.

Comment

Lou is not a backup PG.

Right now with our roster I think the perfect player would be Tony Wroten.

Though other good options include Ennis and Delle.

*Edit Vasquez can't be traded until January 15th

Comment

Trading for Lin isn't a terrible idea - he knows how to defend, but he doesn't have the lateral quicks to truly defend speedy point guards. But he's a scorer who knows how to run the pick-n-roll, which is what Greivis was supposed to give us. Lin is probably better than Vasquez is - but of course, LA wants Lin's expiring salary for 2015 free agents. They'd likely want to be compensated with a pick (second round, probably).

Tony Wroten is a HORRIBLE idea.

Ennis is a good idea if you don't mind acknowledging that the Raps won't win a title this year (which is likely, let's be honest - we're good but we're likely not good enough to win the East, let alone beat whoever wins out in the West) because he's going to be a bit of a project.

Beverley isn't going anywhere since his defense is crucial to Houston's game. Maybe if they had gotten Rondo - but they didn't.

Comment

I'm jumping on the trade Vasquez bandwagon.
                        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

plug one hole and water starts flowing out another. Unless you are aware of the infinite factors involved in making a trade its hard to really say what will work and what will not. Only Masai comes close.

Believe in Masai! He will do what is best for the team.

Comment

GV's biggest value right now is that he was Durant's high school teammate. Other than that, he is someone I would definitely trade.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

ball4life wrote: View Post
                              Is Patrick Beverly too much to ask as a back for us?

perfect guard beside Lou if we are long term with Lou.
                              Yes. No way Houston moves him because he is the perfect PG to play beside Harden. While Harden handles the ball, Beverley spaces the floor (hits the trey) and rebounds. While Harden can't defend a marshmallow, Beverley hounds opposing ball handlers. Houston would be tragic on D with GV and Harden starting.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                              X