Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Masai Ujiri Needs to make the Garnett Move Immediately.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Masai Ujiri Needs to make the Garnett Move Immediately.

There are already whispers, if not outright discussions about contenders who might benefit from having Garnett around. As you might already know, Toronto is not part of those discussions as nobody cares about us, however, if there were a team out there that could use a guy like that, Toronto is the poster child.

Garnett himself already hinted on his own last year that the Raps were a team he'd consider. he never said it, but his his over all assessment of the city, the players and the franchise direction were all favourable. He'd be happy at the ACC. For Toronto's part, they have very little leadership. They have Lowry, but he isn't the championship tempered old vet leader, he's amore on the floor do as I do guy and thats fine, but it isn't enough. Toronto has talent, they have amazing camaraderie and chemistry, but, they don't have they one guy.

Garnett is that guy.

Garnett is a step slow, but not as bad as you'd think. Garnett minutes instead of Hansborough minutes would be astronomically better for the Raptors. His intensity level alone would rachet it up a level for Toronto. His media pull is still tangible and his gamesmanship would be a nice touch for the nice guys up north.

I can't think of a better piece out there right now. Ujiri might want to get on this over the next little while too.

Just thought I'd throw this out there. There is a reason Ujiri said "fuck brooklyn"...... lets bring part of it here.

He'd help balance out the garbage reffing the Raps get too....

Comment

maybe thats why we redid the logo to make it more brooklyn friendly? masai would just kidnap him and suit him up and at his age, he wouldnt be able to tell the difference.

Comment

Alex Mckechnie could do some work on him and get him back to prime years lmao
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

I'm not opposed to getting KG. I've hated him since he went to Boston, but he could grow on me for a couple months I suppose. Fuck Brooklyn.

Comment

i hate kevin garnett. but if he helps us win and comes cheap, well...

Comment

He'd be huge.

He's not expected to be an on court force, but his intensity and leadership alone..... wow.

not to mention, a few calls here and there.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
                i hate kevin garnett. but if he helps us win and comes cheap, well...
                Agree, but I can't see him coming cheap.
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

The problem with trying to acquire Garnett is that unless you give the Nets something legitimate to sweeten the pot, they don't deal him. Yes, the Nets are trying to clear salary, but any deal to acquire Garnett would need just as much salary coming back. Nets are going to be a playoff team, probably, so it's not like he's not useful to them either. In fact, he means pretty well as much to that Nets team as he would to the Raptors.

Joe Johnson and Deron Williams can be had for very little if you are willing to take on some exorbitant salaries. Garnett is a little trickier to acquire.
                  That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

I disagree.

Brooklyn isn't a playoff team, not a real one anyway. If they are its with Johnson and williams..... not so much garnett. Why would is be ok to take one of those two?

Garnett could be had for a pick and Hansbrough, maybe some cash.....

where is DanH, we need numbers crunched.

I need to be a GM, i'd kill this job.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                      I disagree.

Brooklyn isn't a playoff team, not a real one anyway. If they are its with Johnson and williams..... not so much garnett. Why would is be ok to take one of those two?

Garnett could be had for a pick and Hansbrough, maybe some cash.....

where is DanH, we need numbers crunched.

I need to be a GM, i'd kill this job.

Numbers aren't hard on this one for Garnett straight up.

If he is a desired commodity around the league, they'd be looking for more though. Maybe a draft pick, take Jarrett Jack, etc.

Comment

Here, do this!
                        Also, Toronto has a few trade exceptions, how do they work?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=nqnbey4

Comment

Garnett's age and expiring deal will make it hard for BKL to get good offers, and hard for many teams to make good offers. No way they'd really want to add similar money to him long-term. They'd want to still have most or all of the $12M owed him expire at the end of the season.

This helps a team like Toronto, that can match that money without giving up a core piece. Most good teams can't say that. And teams will be unlikely to give up good assets for KG at this point. Maybe a pick, or a young player, but not multiple assets like KG would've earned them in the past.

Comment

I would turn my back on the team till KG was off the team. He is a punk, there would be plenty of other options that would be people and equal if not better contributors.

Fuck KG!
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Then its settled...anyone got UM's number?

Comment

Working...
                              X