Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Triano Had to Be Replaced, Who Would You Want It To Be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Triano Had to Be Replaced, Who Would You Want It To Be?

Many fans are still skeptical of Triano and his methods as a head coach, but if things did get worse and Colangelo had to replace Jay, of the available coaches out there who would you want to see coaching this team moving forward?

Some of the available names (some currently working as assistants) right now are: Bryon Scott, Tom Thibodeau (asst. Celtics), Jeff Van Gundy, Dwane Casey (asst. Mavs), Brian Hill (asst. Pistons), Avery Johnson, Paul Silas, Bob Hill, Eric Musselman, Mike Fratello, Terry Stotts and last but not Sam Mitchell.

I'm sure there are others I have forgotten, so please don't hesitate to suggest other possibilities.

Wow, talk about a topic out of the blue.

It would be interesting to see an offensive team as efficient as the Raptors be coached by a defensive coach like Mike Fratello. Could he bring us the best of both worlds? I don't know, just speculating. I know I enjoyed watching those mid 90's Cavs teams duke it out 71-68.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
      Wow, talk about a topic out of the blue.
      It's a slow day for news.

Comment

Tom Thibodeau
        nbaroundtable

Comment

Charles Oakley

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
            Charles Oakley
            LOL ... only if he wears that purple velour jacket that he wore when interviewed by Jack and Matt a couple weeks ago.

Comment

The Doc!
              Twitter:@coachclement

The best way to predict your future is to create it - Peter Drucker

Comment

BCsMaBoi wrote: View Post
                The Doc!
                As in me? You're too kind BCsMaBoi.

Comment

In an ideal world? Rick Adelman. He and Jerry Sloan are consistently overlooked for COY, and I just don't get it. Come to think of it, Sloan would be good too.

Based on something more realistic? Well, I think if Triano is leaving, then so is Bosh because obviously things will not be going well. In which case we bring in some more Europeans, and get Ettore Messina, and go pure-Euro ball. It's what Gherardini and Colangelo secretly (not so secretly?) want anyways.

Comment

verbatim wrote: View Post
                    In an ideal world? Rick Adelman. He and Jerry Sloan are consistently overlooked for COY, and I just don't get it. Come to think of it, Sloan would be good too.

Based on something more realistic? Well, I think if Triano is leaving, then so is Bosh because obviously things will not be going well. In which case we bring in some more Europeans, and get Ettore Messina, and go pure-Euro ball. It's what Gherardini and Colangelo secretly (not so secretly?) want anyways.
                    I'd be happy with Ettore Messina.
                    nbaroundtable

Comment

You know what bugs me about the Raptors. Its been 15 years and we only had one "experienced" coach in Lenny Wilkins, everyone else have been rookie's head coaches.

If and when Triano leaves (which hopefully will be after a successful tenure), I hope the Raptors stop with the hiring of rookie head coaches.

Also it looks bad that every Raptor's former and current head coaches have cumulative statistics of a losing record.

Comment

Phil Jackson.
                        Onions baby, onions.

Comment

TorontoForever wrote: View Post
                          Phil Jackson.
                          I should of clarified "available & feasible" coaching options only.

Comment

Changing coaches mid-season is almost always a really, really bad idea!
                            The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Working...
                            X