#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    So the fact that no one else on the team could take off any pressure of DD is an excuse alright. The players you guys just named have a mvp as a backcourt mate. It would be impossible to think that playing with an MVP would take pressure off you. Jeez what am I thinking.
    Trade the rest of them too. Only way for this team to get better is to bring in more talent and the right coach for the job. Since we are stuck with the coach for another year, might as well get started on the talent.

DD is the perfect trade piece in many ways. He doesn't have the baggage or age that Lowry has. All-star and still reasonably young. Plus his uncertain contract status makes him a risk moving forward.

We need more talent, that is the one thing we all agree on, but if you think you can trade away all the spare parts to bring in that 1A option to put ahead of DD, then you're just kidding yourself.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      For me, it's simply a conclusion that this core of DeRozan, Lowry and Jonas isn't good enough to build around....and there's no reason to believe we can lure a big name free agent here, so it's either (1) stick with the mediocre team we've got, or (2) rip it apart and take our chances with the draft.

I prefer the latter.
      To add to this, perhaps more important and frequently brought up is Demar's contract situation leading to the very real question of whether he'll be worth keeping at a much higher price tag.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
        Your question was find me another starting 2 guard who can put up better shooting %'s. When other people found some you changed the entire subject.
        All I'm saying DD's scoring numbers would look pretty good too if was playing next to an mvp
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
          Bleahcerreport ranked his D 37/40 and wrote this about his D

"He may have trouble tracking defenders through traffic and can often be taken out of his stride by a well-timed screen, but DeRozan is a stellar defender who often takes on some of the Toronto Raptors' hardest defensive assignments. Though some metrics don't view him too favorably, he passes the eye test due to his level of involvement and willingness to accept matchups that will only depress his individual numbers. It shouldn't be at all surprising that the Canadian representatives are better at preventing points when he's on the floor. "

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...season/page/17

Not bad for a down year

last year he was 84/100 in total and this year he's a 77/100, expect him to get up to mid/high 80's once the season starts again
          Bleacher Report, yuck. No thanks.

DD can perform average to slightly above average on Def, but that still is a far ways to go before he's really a positive defender.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

All I'm saying DD's scoring numbers would look pretty good too if was playing next to an mvp
            And how do you get one if you aren't willing to trade one of our best trade assets?

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post

DD can perform average to slightly above average on Def, but that still is a far ways to go before he's really a positive defender.
              Excuses
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Who's James Hardens backcourt MVP? Who was Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Vince Carters back court MVPs?

A star is a star bro. You're sure buying yourself a lot of time if now you're going to argue Demar needs an MVP point guard before his numbers correct themselves. They sure don't grow on trees.
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

And how do you get one if you aren't willing to trade one of our best trade assets?
                  Masai wants to stay competitive. He knows he has two all-star when healthy. Its about filling in an all-star frontcourt player.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

u do what pat Riley did Sign them

or u do what spurs did Draft them
                    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      Who's James Hardens backcourt MVP? Who was Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Vince Carters back court MVPs?

A star is a star bro. You're sure buying yourself a lot of time if now you're going to argue Demar needs an MVP point guard before his numbers correct themselves. They sure don't grow on trees.
                      U just named 2 legends, and 2 players who wil most likely be HOF
                      Abbas wrote:

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                        U just named 2 legends, and 2 players who wil most likely be HOF
                        And they did all that without an above average point guard. Golly gee
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Hmm.... I say both Kerr and Beverley are pretty good players.
                          Axel wrote:
                          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

lol RR be like

Be the next mj or bust
                            Abbas wrote:

Comment

Nevermind that the article says he takes up tough assignments...but that pretty much only happens after everyone else fails at the assignment. Tough assignment always goes to Ross...then JJ...then sometimes even Greivis before they put DeMar on the guy.

Now, he's definitely much better defensively then he was, say, 3 years ago...but yeah, I agree with you. Average, give or take, depending on the night. Which is good enough...but nobody should be praising his D like it's something spectacular.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                                Hmm.... I say both Kerr and Beverley are pretty good players.
                                it doesnt matter lmfao he named
                                Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Vince Carters back

okay Harden and VC fine

BUT MJ and KOBE????????????????????????????

WTF is wrong with u people

demar is no MJ or Kobe
                                Abbas wrote:

Comment

Working...
                                X