No announcement yet.

#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors started winning when Lowry was the starter and every team in the East was tanking for Wiggins

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      "Andrea. Come hell or high water, he's our guy."

This sums up the Casey-Colangelo foundation quite nicely.
      no it doesn't. it sums up casey supporting his players. lowry, jv, ross, hard work, sum up the casey-colangelo foundation

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
        the foundation was laid pre-masai. with credit to colangelo and casey.
        Credit goes to Masai and Casey being forced to let Lowry be Lowry.

Seriously; Casey owes Lowry so much it's not even funny. And given how often Casey literally scapegoats players....the idea that he supports them is laughable.
        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
          I'm speaking of a common view of Casey. People's views are debatable ... and they change.
          Casey is 16-10 but he's beaten Sixer 2x Lakers 2x Bucks 2x NOP

Comment

no it doesn't. it sums up casey supporting his players. lowry, jv, ross, hard work, sum up the casey-colangelo foundation
            And Doug Collins laid the foundation for the Jordan Bulls? And Don Nelson laid the foundation for the Curry Warriors?

And let's not forget that we were entering the Rudy Gay "face-of-the-franchise" Era under that same Casey-BC braintrust, before the new sheriff arrived.

Btw, Miek: did you realize that you used the words Ross and hard work in the same sentence? j/k.

Comment

• #FireCasey

golden wrote: View Post
              Uh, yeah you do have to check, because you missed the point entirely.... which was that we need Chuck Hayes back asap. Just kidding (I hope).

The point was that passing a basketball can be a useful and important thing. And everybody can do it, if they try. Simple concepts, I know, but they can never be emphasized enough.
              I think everyone agrees with that point..

However, How many good to great passers do we actually have on this team? I think our only good passers are Cory, Lowry and Demar and maybe Scola or Carroll.

Sure, the other guys can swing the ball across the perimeter or make an occasional good/great pass inside.

However, we also have some players who struggle to make good passes.

Recent examples are PPat, JJ and Biz

JV, Ross aren't good passers in my opinion. There are flashes for sure. However they are few and far in between.

Basketball IQ plays a very big role in passing.

I just don't think that Casey is telling players NOT to pass to an open shooter. I do believe that he encourages players like Ross and PPat to shoot the ball which isn't the same thing as telling them not to pass.

We've all seen this team in 2013-14 (after the Gay trade) pass the ball beautifully. Casey was the coach then....

Looking at our 2nd unit.... Other than Cory, who would you say is a good to great passer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Last edited by special1; Wed Dec 16, 2015, 12:42 AM.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                I think everyone agrees with that point..

However, How many good to great passers do we actually have on this team? I think our only good passers are Cory, Lowry and Demar and maybe Scola or Carroll.

Sure, the other guys can swing the ball across the perimeter or make an occasional good/great pass inside.

However, we also have some players who struggle to make good passes.

Recent examples are PPat, JJ and Biz

JV, Ross aren't good passers in my opinion. There are flashes for sure. However they are few and far in between.

Basketball IQ plays a very big role in passing.

I just don't think that Casey is telling players NOT to pass to an open shooter. I do believe that he encourages players like Ross and PPat to shoot the ball which isn't the same thing as telling them not to pass.

We've all seen this team in 2013-14 (after the Gay trade) pass the ball beautifully. Casey was the coach then....

Looking at our 2nd unit.... Other than Cory, who would you say is a good passer?

i think johnson is a good passer. i just think he is a bit reckless sometimes. he has the mind and body of a great player but the skills of an average player and they get mixed up in my opinion. but he makes nice crisp passes.

Comment

i think johnson is a good passer. i just think he is a bit reckless sometimes. he has the mind and body of a great player but the skills of an average player and they get mixed up in my opinion. but he makes nice crisp passes.
                  I dunno... I wouldn't say JJ is a good passer. I'm sure someone will post some stats to contradict what I see, but I just don't see it. Yes, there's the occasional good pass for sure. But I recall the reckless/trying too much type of passes by JJ.

Comment

• Derozan improved as passer. Why others can't? Because they are not in a position to.
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Johnson is a willing passer. His 13% assist rate is 4th on the team behind KL, DD and CJ.

JJ's 20% turnover rate is also the worst on the team.

Earlier I mentioned JV being a "laughably bad" passer, the 3rd time I've mentioned his poor passing skills over the past year or so. As usual, a number of people disagreed. The reason I used quotation marks in the description of JV's passing skill is because the words aren't mine, they are Zach Lowe's.
                      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                        Derozan improved as passer. Why others can't? Because they are not in a position to.
                        Some players, even really good ones are shitty passers. Jonas, Drummond and Whiteside are really good at some things, but not at passing. Tyson Chandler has played for some really good teams and with good coaches. He's always been a shitty passer. DeAndre Jordan is a shitty passer.
                        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                          Some players, even really good ones are shitty passers. Jonas, Drummond and Whiteside are really good at some things, but not at passing. Tyson Chandler has played for some really good teams and with good coaches. He's always been a shitty passer. DeAndre Jordan is a shitty passer.
                          Cant pass when guys stand around. Cut all movement and passes end up being TO

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                            Cant pass when guys stand around. Cut all movement and passes end up being TO
                            The rest of the team should be running around like chickens with their heads cut off when Jonas does a post up. Brilliant. Instead of hanging back and being an outlet, make Jonas put his passing skills on display.

Comment

• jv getting low post positioning needs to become aware of where the double is coming from and pass out to the open man.

Comment

• Mavs had a nifty play. I think JV can make that pass
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X