Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miles Plumlee Toronto Raptors Bound? Center In Exchange For Terrence Ross Rumored!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bendit wrote: View Post
    Well, someone better confirm with DC that he is ok with the acquisition and will play him. Is Stiemsma so bad that he gets absolutely no mins. ? Why did the Raps keep him over Hamilton (who would have been helpful during DD's absence).
    Stiemsma was never going to play minutes if everyone was healthy, and so far the only bigs to get injured is Hansbrough and Amir at separate times I believe.

Comment

We need another big body besides Jonas. Giving up T.Hans + Stiemsma would help or just Stiemsma ... Sliding VAsquez over to the two position and grabbing someone could be a decent stop gap. Or better yet Start James Johnson and let Demar play his natural position SG. It would help our rebounding a ton. It would also allow us to give Amir Johnson a break. Ross may be a bit much though.

I also don't see the point in getting Ennis... He wouldn't be able to get minutes for another year at least. Why not just trade for Stiemsma and a pick.... or something....

Comment

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
        I also don't see the point in getting Ennis... He wouldn't be able to get minutes for another year at least. Why not just trade for Stiemsma and a pick.... or something....
        Why is this a problem?

Comment

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
          We need another big body besides Jonas. Giving up T.Hans + Stiemsma would help or just Stiemsma ... Sliding VAsquez over to the two position and grabbing someone could be a decent stop gap. Or better yet Start James Johnson and let Demar play his natural position SG. It would help our rebounding a ton. It would also allow us to give Amir Johnson a break. Ross may be a bit much though.

The point of getting Ennis is he'll be ready to go next year or the year after as full time backup while on a cheap rookie deal (this is year 1 of a 4 year rookie deal). He'd have very little impact on this year.

Ross for Plumlee and Ennis works straight up.

Ross + Hansbrough for Plumlee, Ennis, and Green also works.

I'll leave it to Masai, I'd be happy with those trades happening, and would be fine if they didn't.

Comment

Green seems to have a lot of 'tude, not sure if its good or bad for the team?

Comment

I am not thrilled with Ross' s recent play but I think it is too early to give up on him. When he plays well we win. He is still too inconsistent but I would hate to give up on a guy who still has huge upside.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                Arguing Steimsma vs Hamilton is like arguing about whether you want to eat a week old banana peel vs a week old apple core.
                Hard to argue with your talent evaluation certainty.

Comment

i know ross has had a miserable season so far but this kind of trade wouldn't move the needle in the slightest and is beyond stupid
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                    i know ross has had a miserable season so far but this kind of trade wouldn't move the needle in the slightest and is beyond stupid
                    It might help us play .500 ball again

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      It might help us play .500 ball again
                      Which was our goal for 15 of our 20 seasons....maybe 16 or 17 actually....
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                        I am not thrilled with Ross' s recent play but I think it is too early to give up on him. When he plays well we win. He is still too inconsistent but I would hate to give up on a guy who still has huge upside.
                        What exactly is Ross's huge upside?

Jodie Meeks?
                        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                          What exactly is Ross's huge upside?

Jodie Meeks?
                          Higher than Plumlee

Comment

picking up Ennis makes a lot of sense because I don't see Vasquez as a long term answer to anything and it would be great to have

Ennis, Cobolco, Daniels, and BeBe developing.
                            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Ennis or no deal

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                                Ennis or no deal
                                Honestly Raptors would want Ennis for the first and Suns can keep Plumlee

Comment

Working...
                                X