X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Sorry for double post. I put in wrong thread:

I've been rethinking this game.

Teams are always due for a stinker over an 82-game season.

As bad as this team has played at times, even last night was REALLY bad.

HOWEVER, none of that changes poor subs, poor play calling, poor defense, double standards on accountability, etc. etc. etc. that has been talked about all year. How horrible they played last night only magnifies the issues that have been going on all season.

Kind of looking forward to this season to be over and see what Masai does next. This is really bad and unenjoyable basketball even if they are 33-16.
    Agreed. Sometimes there are games where it is good to watch, but often it is ugly, boring basketball.

I can't wait until this offseason, and see what Masai will do with the flexibility we will have.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
      Mr. Z:

Liked by accident, meant to hit reply.

Anyways, how much more accountable do you want the coach to hold people to then benching the entire starting unit? He can't bench everyone. You have to have at least two of Vazquez, Lou, DeMar and Kyle out there. I don't know what you wanted him to do this game from an accountability standpoint. I'm sure Casey's instructions out there were not, "just keep shooting guys, you'll snap out of it."
      What do you think his instructions were? Because that's all they did. And JV didn't deserve to be benched, neither did Amir. Demar was playing better than Lou and yes Lowry deserved to be benched for playing like garbage, but you're not going to make a statement to your team if you bench your top players for a full quarter only to put them back on in an act of desperation.
      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
        What do you think his instructions were? Because that's all they did. And JV didn't deserve to be benched, neither did Amir. Demar was playing better than Lou and yes Lowry deserved to be benched for playing like garbage, but you're not going to make a statement to your team if you bench your top players for a full quarter only to put them back on in an act of desperation.
        I don't necessarily agree with that. I want a coach that can tell how long to ride the bench that gave great energy minutes, and when to put some starters back in to try to win the game.

Keeping the (bench) guys on that got you back in it, is high school. In Div one ball you see coaches do it for a while, but ultimately the good ones will know what buttons to push, which levers to pull and basically how to give them the best chance of winning the game. Who to keep out on the floor and who to put back in. recognizing when you've ridden momentum as much as you can... And that those bench players will come back down to earth...and that Lou would continue to jack up retarded shots.

This looks to be another thing Casey isn't particularly good at. I sure as shit hope we wouldn't do that in the playoffs.

Comment

• "That's probably on me. Let's slow these three pointers down"

Post-practice Casey.

http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/tea...SEYmp4-3509273

Comment

• So, Mr. Casey wants Jonas to guard smaller players on the perimeter. ugh

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
              So, Mr. Casey wants Jonas to guard smaller players on the perimeter. ugh
              Back to what didn't work early in the season defensively and no rethink of the offense.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                I don't necessarily agree with that. I want a coach that can tell how long to ride the bench that gave great energy minutes, and when to put some starters back in to try to win the game.

Keeping the (bench) guys on that got you back in it, is high school. In Div one ball you see coaches do it for a while, but ultimately the good ones will know what buttons to push, which levers to pull and basically how to give them the best chance of winning the game. Who to keep out on the floor and who to put back in. recognizing when you've ridden momentum as much as you can... And that those bench players will come back down to earth...and that Lou would continue to jack up retarded shots.

This looks to be another thing Casey isn't particularly good at. I sure as shit hope we wouldn't do that in the playoffs.
                But he failed at doing this. He didn't know when to sub anyone back in, he played the entire bench for the full 12 minutes and only subbed Lowry back in with 1:30 left.

I'm not saying I think he should have just kept Lowry on the bench and actually played every single guy for the full 12 because that would be retarded. Just, if thats your plan, stick to it lol
                Last edited by Mr.Z; Tue Feb 3, 2015, 07:18 PM.

Comment

"That's probably on me. Let's slow these three pointers down"

Post-practice Casey.

rocwell wrote: View Post
                  Yeah, that interview was extremely frustrating to watch.

Comment

Lol. Well if Lowry can't stop the other team's PG, might as well put Jonas on them.
                    OG is our king

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                      But he failed at doing this. He didn't know when to sub anyone back in, he played the entire bench for the full 12 minutes and only subbed Lowry back in with 1:30 left.

I'm not saying I think he should have just kept Lowry on the bench and actually played every single guy for the full 12 because that would be retarded. Just, if thats your plan, stick to it lol
                      I get it. If you're going to go retard, go full retard.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                        I get it. If you're going to go retard, go full retard.
                        In this case yes lol

Comment

"That's probably on me. Let's slow these three pointers down"

Post-practice Casey.

Oh boy, expect JV to not get playing time at all in the 4th this season. Won't be surprised if he requests a trade.
                          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                            He's changed. Since being named an all star, he plays different, he talks different. Just my opinion.
                            lulz. This group of fans that think Lowry is going to become an asshole ANNNNY minute now. So ridiculous.
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                            X